Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science How to actually be 1% pony?

Muffinnz

Ever heard the phrase "if you eat a block of cheese you're 1% cheese?"

What if you eat a chunk of meat from a real pony? Are you 1% pony?

You are what you eat????

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, Muffinnz said:

Ever heard the phrase "if you eat a block of cheese you're 1% cheese?"

What if you eat a chunk of meat from a real pony? Are you 1% pony?

You are what you eat????

That’s not how exactly how that works. :P

However you are 100% star. Cheese is 100 percent star. Ponies are 100 percent star. Constituency is fun! 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Jerica said:

That’s not how exactly how that works. :P

However you are 100% star. Cheese is 100 percent star. Ponies are 100 percent star. Constituency is fun! 

TRue; we're actually star dust :nom: 

• Brohoof 3

Well you'd be 1% cheese if you ate a pound of the stuff and weighed 99 pounds before hand so there's likely some math required for you to get it exact. I'd be worried though with the risk of constipation of that amount.

I'm curious though as to how much of us could be made into cheese if we were just broken down and put through the right chemical processes, then the percentage could be a lot higher!

As for pony meat, you'd be 1% pony meat, not pony, since you are breaking down the DNA in your digestion track, not absorbing it into your own.

But we're both mammals so a certain amount of DNA is already shared. There are apparently a lot of similarities between them, especially when it comes to genetic diseases, but I was unable to find a number. Since we share about half of our DNA with a banana, it's safe to say that you share a higher majority than that with horses.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn’t work for me because:

1-I wouldn’t mind eating a pony, but I only care for pastel Equestrian ponies, not the real life ones :dash:. Which leads to 2

2-That would  involve killing a pastel Equestrian pony. That’s a big no to me :unsure:

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

Well you'd be 1% cheese if you ate a pound of the stuff and weighed 99 pounds before hand so there's likely some math required for you to get it exact. I'd be worried though with the risk of constipation of that amount.

Well, not exactly true either since your entire digestive system isn't an internal one. only a third of the cheese wouldn't become waste. 3% of you is a massive amount of digestive bacteria. You are a living ecosystem after all. The rest of cheese is definitely broken down into various nutrients and molecules by things that aren't you. Most of the cheese is product from something else, so it would probably be more accurate to include grass, cow, etc. 

Here is another logic puzzle. You can't use weight. The cheese enters a pipeline that is actually outside your body. Saying that something entering it becomes you, is like saying putting that block of cheese into a bag, it becomes the bag. However, the bag is much much lighter than the cheese. So is the cheese 1000% of the bag?

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Jerica said:

Well, not exactly true either since your entire digestive system isn't an internal one. only a third of the cheese wouldn't become waste. 3% of you is a massive amount of digestive bacteria. You are a living ecosystem after all. The rest of cheese is definitely broken down into various nutrients and molecules by things that aren't you. Most of the cheese is product from something else, so it would probably be more accurate to include grass, cow, etc. 

Here is another logic puzzle. You can't use weight. The cheese enters a pipeline that is actually outside your body. Saying that something entering it becomes you, is like saying putting that block of cheese into a bag, it becomes the bag. However, the bag is much much lighter than the cheese. So is the cheese 1000% of the bag?

In that case is any part of us ever cheese since it's been turned into other things by the time it truly becomes internal?

This is really pushing it, but what if we melt and mold the cheese so it's interwoven with whatever material the bag is made out of so it becomes a part of the actual structure?

3 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I'm curious though as to how much of us could be made into cheese if we were just broken down and put through the right chemical processes, then the percentage could be a lot higher!

As for pony meat, you'd be 1% pony meat, not pony, since you are breaking down the DNA in your digestion track, not absorbing it into your own.

But we're both mammals so a certain amount of DNA is already shared. There are apparently a lot of similarities between them, especially when it comes to genetic diseases, but I was unable to find a number. Since we share about half of our DNA with a banana, it's safe to say that you share a higher majority than that with horses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1225716/Neigh--Blueprint-horse-genetic-code-reveals-remarkable-similarity-humans.html

As revealed in multiple studies. 

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

It tastes just like raisins!

It was perfectly fine WITHOUT RAISINS!

hqdefault.jpg

On topic, you wouldn't absorb 100% of what you ate, so I doubt the original saying's premise. I don't necessarily object to eating horse meat, but I've never done it myself.