• 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20 - 10%

Ok, hear me out

We all know that MLP is a little 'kid' show watched by us Bronies and Pegasisters, but had anyone actually thought of how many kids watch the show?

We know there is a lot of bronies out there, and more and more people are becoming fans of the show. Young and old. So how many kids, like 5 and 6 year olds, actually watch the show? Of course there are a lot of kids out there, but some kids don't know about MLP while others don't have TV or the right network, or some are not even aloud to watch TV at all!

I say about 30% of kids watch the show :P

PS

The poll is about how many kids watch MLP, like, what you think the percentage is, just explaining to ya folks :)

Edited by NightmareCadence
  • Brohoof 1

Probably somewhere between 50-60% of the people that watch are young children, they just don't get as much attention because it is not seen as unusual for them to be into the show especially if they are girls.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, I don't know any 5-6 year-olds. I do know a lot of 8-14 year olds who watch it, which is above the 'target demographic' while still being lower than the limit a lot of people put on brony-hood. But that doesn't really help, I'm afraid.

• Brohoof 1

This is a question that's actually interested me a lot. Does anypony know of any 'hard data' that we could look at (in terms of the number of kids vs adults who watch the show?

Has bro must know something about this for marketing purposes.

Edited by SanityNotIncluded

Is this percentage dealing with kids who watch the show/total kids (or) kids who watch the show/total fans?

That makes a big difference.

Actually a lot of kids watch the show.  Gosh, I must know about 40 or 50 kids that love FIM (about 10 or so are boys too).  All these kids are between 3-10.  Not many I know from the 11-13 age group, but after that, you get into the brony fandom so I shouldn't need to comment on the teen years and beyond

These kids also come from many different areas, and are not centralized to where I currently live. I think a good reason for the child fandom being pretty strong is because the show airs during a time when most kids are watching cartoons (who doesn't/didn't on Saturday Mornings?)....

Edited by Treble Bolt

I have a little 4 year old cousin who likes it, knows the Mane Six, and will watch it with me. truthfully, she was one of the ways I was able to tell some of my family that I'm a brony, though it would've been fairly obvious after I fangirled over her Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy barrettes. xD
Anyway, yeah she likes it and will watch it with me, but after like 15 minutes of watching it she'll just be like "Yeah whatever" and leave me to watch it on my own. Which I don't particularly mind, but my point is...
I forgot the point. xD

Anyway, I don't really know if many other kids like it.

I know none myself, but I know at least 30% watch it though, through the fact that a lot of merchandise is still geared towards the target demographic, which is 3-7 year old girls.

As for 8-11 (between the target demographic and what I consider bronyhood, I think there are a few in that span that watch it as well.)

But I do believe the majority of viewers are bronies, although there was only two shown in the commercials of the My Little Pony marathon. (best pony voting)

I know I'm way off-topic, but one of them was the actor for Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie (yes they are the same person).

This is a question that's actually interested me a lot. Does anypony know of any 'hard data' that we could look at (in terms of the number of kids vs adults who watch the show?

Has bro must know something about this for marketing purposes.

Although this probably won't help much, a study was preformed that worked out that there were between 7 to 12.4 million bronies the the United States (staggering number). That was worked out using online surveys though.

Not sure how we could work it out for children.  :huh: