Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite episode in season 4 right now?

Slice0Pie

My least favorite episode of Season 4 so far is, Princess Twilight Sparkle. It left some questions that still need to be answered, the other episodes could say the same thing.

• Brohoof 1

Probably today's. It didn't contain the Scootalove I had been anticipating and that Megan has said would be happening this season, so it more or less turned out to be an average episode about the CMC. Believe it or not, Scoots' wing issue, even the fact she's been shown to have a home, etc, is something I'm pretty indifferent about. I loved the premiere, Castle-Mania was fun, and Daring Don't was fantastic, which leaves the latest to be the least awesome. Probably going to remain true a week from now, too, as Power Ponies looks freaking awesome.

• Brohoof 6

Daring don't...

my goodness...I really didn't like it...and the more I think about it, the more I end up disliking it...

THE MANE 6 JUST WATCHED DARING GET BEATEN UP! What did they forget who they are???

I mean there's shock...but then there's just plain out of character!...And really...WHY did they need to make

Daring do real? I mean...if down the lane they decided to do this it may have done better...like, have some

more daring do stories in between...but really? we get ONE episode with her as a book character, (and that episode

really wasn't that great either!...such a forced motive!) and now..."oh look! she's real!..let's all forget we beat discord,

nightmare moon, chrysalis, sombra, one of us is an alicorn aka, one of the STRONGEST PONIES IN EQUESTRIA!...yes let's just

act like there's nothing to it, and fangirl over a reclusive author. I mean, I've talked to some people I've majourly admired, but

they're people! They're normal everyday people...Are they awesome? yes...but I'm gonna forget who I am, and what my morals are

during meeting them! It's just not me! The amount of plotholes and obvious bad writing was just too high...there were parts

that I enjoyed of course (as there always are) but overall...I try and think of this episode the way I do about TMNT 3...it doesn't exist.

I'm gonna be straight with everyone and say: I'm a huge fan of MLP, but I haven't disliked any episode of MLP I've watched ever. (At least I'm pretty sure) so I think the Season 4 episodes are all awesome. Can't pick a least favorite. Now that's not to say I don't like certain things about different episodes, there's definitely things that bother me, but as big of a fan as I am I just don't like to majorly analyze an episode for every detail. It ruins it for me. I just watch the episode and enjoy it. Likewise, I have no least favorite for season 4. (Now because I don't analyze, people would say I can't be a big fan because it doesn't bother me when certain characters don't act the way they should, but that has nothing to do with it. Just saying.)

• Brohoof 3

Applejack and Dash paired together are still out in front in terms enjoyability so for the mean time Castle Mane-ia is top of the list. Although i haven't even seen Power ponies yet but i know it's going to be my favourite by far. I hope I don't have to eat those words.

Just realised it's LEAST favourite episode and not my favourite...Daring Don't. A perfect example of why episode's shouldn't be about background ponies.. or whatever Daring was. I don't hate the episode it's my least preferred.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

My vote probably goes to Princess Twilight Sparkle since I just found it dull for the most part with nothing really standing out for me. I'm not a fan of Castle Mane-ia either.

• Brohoof 1

Flight to the Finish. Was boring as hell, only had 4 characters who were relevant to the plot, I never laughed, accomplished nothing, and Scoots didn't get the mark.

I'm not sure if themes of bullying and disability are supposed to make you laugh. Are they supposed to be funny concepts? Nothing wrong with your opinion. You can dislike as you wish. Just saying, this episode wasn't supposed to be that funny. It was supposed to be inspiring and bittersweet, and that it certainly was. It achieved its goals very well.

Catle Mane-ia for me. I have seen the whole booby-trapped castle thing so many times. This rendition of it was nothing special, and I would even say that it is the poorest implementation of this story archetype I've ever seen. The laughs were there, but nothing hilarious. The plot was horrendous. The only cookies I gave Castle Mane-ia were for the smashing character depictions, and the fact that it maintains the promise of an overall plot by adding two more elements to the overall story, while maintaining previous ones.

But one outstanding characteristic, and one expected characteristic, do not make up for stale humour and poor plot, not to mention a shoe-horned moral which was barely present throughout the episode. Plus, I said to myself while watching that no facehoof would suffice if Pinkie were the mystery. She was. No facehoof will suffice.

I liked all of them so far...maybe I just don't expect much from the episodes. Each one has always been enjoyable to me. Some more than others, if I had to rank them for this season so far. Flight to the finish would be my favorite (BEST SONG EVEEEER) and Daring don't would be last. The characters acted idiotic, but I'm sure I would've acted that way if put in the same situation.

• Brohoof 1

Flight to the Finish

I have loved every episode of the season except this one. It's okay in my books. It had a good song, but it seemed to just have an indecent plot, contained little character development when there could have been much MUCH more, and it just wasn't that great.

But IMO, the other episodes so far have been top-notch, some of my favorites. Castle-maneia may as well BE my favorite.

Eh for me all the episodes have been top notch...

But if I could choose one that I didn't really like it would be...oh what am I kidding I don't dislike any of them. xD

Nothing better could be said. I liked them all so far. I'm just wondering Scootaloo is going to fly, or at least get her cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

For me it's Castle-Mania

Although it was sort of funny, I got bored of it real quick? I don't know why :unsure:

I'm starting to suspect your a multi account of mine (LOL bro hoof)

Of course it was fun,

it was scoobie do.

but scoobie do didn't belong in mlp.

Edited by FNGRpony

I liked them all, but I'd have to pick Daring Don't. Rainbow Dash was out of character, and I didn't like the idea of Daring Do being real. Plus it just felt like a very clumsily handled episode.