Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite episode in season 4 right now?

Slice0Pie

Daring Don't is probably my least favorite so far, there were just more moments in it that annoyed me than in the rest of the episodes thus far. That being said though, I have still liked every episode so far this season.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Twilight Sparkle.

1. Extremely clumsy pacing from the middle of Part 1 onward.
  2. Deus Ex Contrivance via Zecora's alicorn potion.
  3. Clumsy timeline construction. While McCarthy was supposedly communicating that this was the first time Celestia felt this Summer Sun Celebration was actually a celebration instead of just a duty, it gave the impression that this event and the pilot were one year apart.
  4. Contrived plot device in the form of Twilight's inability to fly.
  5. Amazin' performance by Discord. :lol:

Daring don't.

Why, just why'd they have to make a bad RD episode :(

Its not their or Dash's Fault. Neither is Darings fault.

Its the reason why Fanon should stay in fanfic and fanart.

Canon is cool, Fanon is cool, But when they mix it could either end up being totally cool, Or totally lame.

• Brohoof 2

I liked all of them.

The issue with many bronies is they are overly picky about the episodes/characters. Honestly, it's a show for 3-8 year old girls--none of this stuff is important to them. Flight to the finish was great, Daring Don't was awesome, Castle Mania was hilarious and Princess Twilight was interesting.

• Brohoof 3

So far, my least favorite episode of Season 4 would be Daring Don't. It wasn't a bad episode; it just was kind of dull compared to the other episodes, and felt kind of rushed. The plot just seemed incomplete to me, if that makes any sense.

• Brohoof 1

I personally didn't like Episode 5 as much as the others. I still enjoyed it, but it felt a little bland compared to some of the other stuff. I guess I let the song screw up some of the episode for me as well. I didn't care too much for the song. It was about 6/10. Not bad. But, honestly, it's not Winter Wrap-Up or Smile Smile Smile. Those were masterpieces compared to the last song. Still better than Babs Seed. 

Season 4 is still great if you ask me. Sure, it's not Season 2, but keep your heads up. It could be worse. At least it's not Season 3. 

I think I would have to say "castle-mania", only because it was incredibly predictable, fairly cliche, and had slightly lost potential. While the ending is sound and justified for presenting a new way for the ponies to write journals instead of Celestia friendship letters, all that happens before is just meaningless cliche scooby-doo antics. But unlike scooby doo, it's more obvious than usual who the 'cloaked' figure is, and we know that the characters are scaring each other by accident, so there is little tension or suspense. 

They also all become rather one-note in the episode, all fixated on just the one thing. Fluttershy thinks only about angel. I'm not saying there isn't a reason for it, but it gets rather stale quickly. Rarity thinks only of the decor. Spike is scared.....thats it, ect. ect.

Don't get me wrong, it had its fair share of laughs, and had potential to see more of Celestia's and Luna's past, but I would have rather had seen more emphasis on the that rather than the scared running about we got instead. 

It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think I'll be revisiting it much. Not terrible, but not all that amazing, and certainly the weakest story of the season so far.

• Brohoof 1

As of Flight to the Finish, I have to say I haven't been a fan of season 4 until Flight to the FInish. The Premiere started strong, but lost it's appeal during the second half, especially in pacing. Castle Mania was meh all around but the worst of all was Daring Don't IMO.

The whole episode was just bland and it made no real sense. Especially with the fact that Daring do is real, it really ruined my view of the books tbh, and it was made even worse by her being the writer. 

Like I said earlier, the season as a whole has been dull to me, despite a great 5th episode, and I expect more from the writers as they have been substandard IMO

Edited by weegeez

Currently my favorite episode is Princess Twilight sparkle :3

though theres a major bias towards Twilight since shes my favorite pony

my least favorite is Daring Don't :| just seemed worse than the rest

PS totally read the topic name wrong XD

Edited by ~SadisticCakebandit~
  • Brohoof 1

Currently my favorite episode is Princess Twilight sparkle :3

though theres a major bias towards Twilight since shes my favorite pony

she's earned the title favorite for me this season.  only cause flutter shy hasn't had some huge flutter shy moments.

I'm surprised by how many people say Daring Don't. I personally liked it a lot. But I can understand their reasons.

For me it's Castle Mania no contest. I love what they were trying to do with it, a more character interaction driven episode, but in my opinion it failed pretty bad at that. It was way too predictable and aside from a few funny moments the interactions between the characters just didn't cut it for me. They also could have played around with the haunted house theme more. Even if that's kind of overused in animation in my opinion. There was a lot of potential there but I don't think they got enough out of it.

And making the episodes title a "Catlevania" pun and setting it in a dark and scary castle without even a single Catlevania reference beyond that? Shame on you :lol:!

• Brohoof 1

@@weegeez, Daring Don't was a very close second for me. Rainbow Dash just seemed very pushy in the episode. Then it got her what she wanted. So basically, what there is to take from it is that forcing yourself upon others will get you what you want. Even if the episode meant to relay that you shouldn't be totally untrusting, that's still not what I got from it.  

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if themes of bullying and disability are supposed to make you laugh. Are they supposed to be funny concepts? Nothing wrong with your opinion. You can dislike as you wish. Just saying, this episode wasn't supposed to be that funny. It was supposed to be inspiring and bittersweet, and that it certainly was. It achieved its goals very well.

Not about the bullying, but MLP usually inserts some form of comedy in their episodes. I could tell they tried a couple of times with this episode, but it didn't do anything for me.

As for inspiring and bittersweet, I don't think it worked. At all.

For now, it'd be Daring Don't.  It's not that I hate it or anything, it's just that I was somewhat disappointed in it.  Some other episode is probably going to top it for worst somewhere in the season, though.

• Brohoof 1

My least favourite episode of season 4 as of now is Daring Don't. I got a small kick out of Daring Do becoming a real pony, but Rainbow Dash's selfish motives restrained my overall enjoyment of the episode in the end. 

Edited by Dismajo