Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your least favorite episode in season 4 right now?

Slice0Pie

I've recently changed my mind: Now it's Rainbow Falls, for making Bulk Biceps kind of annoying-ish, making Spitfire act in a way that made her look like a big hypocrite after scolding Lightning Dust for virtually the same thing last Season, and making Rainbow Dash relearn the same lesson from said last-Season episode.

Castle Mane-ia, you may have been boring as Tartarus, but you've gained my respect for at least not making ^those kinds of errors.

• Brohoof 1

Hard choice, there's something I love about all of them so far honestly... I'd probably rate Pinkie Apple Pie lowest though, personally. A little annoying here and there and the song is a bit too visually literal(seriously, I think they may have overdid it a bit there), but certainly not a bad episode by any means. My least favorite of the season though, yeah, but still good. :lol:

Castle-Mania could be written better because I got bored really quickly as well. It had a good concept and lesson to friendship, but still, a episode needs to also be solid in capturing the viewers.

Flight to the Finish was horrible. I like the cutie-mark crusaders, but I hate their episodes for a reason. They're never interesting! I really didn't like the song too! (It was sooo corny, I'm sorry) 

Rainbow falls,

the way they made spitfire and the wonderbolts a**holes and Villans rubbed off on me the wrong way. also having fluttershy and snowflakes on the flight team was just weird. not even derpy could save this episode for me

Rainbow Falls was a shoddy rehash of things that had been done before that had to mess around with the personalities and attitudes of characters for the sake of having there be a problem at all. I found Twilight's scenes grating, Bulk's to be annoying, Dash to be below standard, and the Wonderbolts to be douches for a completely nonsensical reason. I made a blog about everything, if you want to read more. Basically, sacrificing characterization to create a mediocre plot is a big fat NO in my book.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

My least favorite so far would be Rainbow Falls. It was pretty weak compared to the other episodes in this stretch. When you take stuff like Derpy and look at the episode itself, there are quite a few problems like the Wonderbolts minus Soarin are jerks and more that I can't think of right now. 

"Rainbow Falls". It was long, boring, counter productive, repetitive, and infuriating. The episode was awful. But to be honest, i stopped caring about season 4 about half way into "Daring Don't". That's when i realized that it was all down hill from here. And i'm sorry if offended anyone, but season 4....season 4 just... just.... AHHH, OH MY GOD I DON'T CARE!!!!

• Brohoof 1

I could easily say Castle mane-ia, but even tho it was a ummm...not good episde, I liked the fact that there was story (and very important!) behind it. There's the old castle of Princess Celestia, the secret room with all these interesting books, Twilight talking about the mysterious 'box of harmony' and finally the friendship journal. Apart from that eveything else was...horrible.

But I'll pick 'Rarity takes Manehattan' for the worst episode, not because it was a bad episode, in fact, it was pretty good. I liked the slightly complicated plotline and serious tone that had in it, but since I care about Rarity, I think that the whole generosity thing was too much forced for the episode to work (because this was Rarity's element key episode) and the song wasn't even good. The episode would have been better off without it.

All the elements for a perfect episode were shown, but everything was arranged in disorder and many things that could have been easy to understand required a lot more of reasoning because of the weird pacing.

I've enjoyed season 4 a lot personally! To me my least preferred was probably Castle Mane-ia. It just came off as a little...dull and boring, but it was still good. I don't want to be too critical because a lot of people put a lot of time and effort making these episodes for the us, the audience. As far as the episodes that cause some hate, it helps if you don't over think a cartoon. I mean it's a cartoon for goodness sake. Enjoy it.  :)

Most of Season 4 had great episodes. I honestly felt that today's episode went down a little bit in quality. Not saying that it was bad, but it just didn't feel as fun or memorable as the previous episodes.

Rainbow falls. Maybe I expected too much from this episode, but I was really disappointed and I'm not sure if it's episode I want to watch once again. Compared to Wonderbolts Academy it was really weak episode and even Derpy didn't save it. Spitfire turned out to be a jerk and Bulk Biceps (or whatever his name is) was annoying. Rarity and Applejack were acting like total idiots. I mean, all Applejack cared about was food. And that hideous dresses made by Rarity, ugh. It just didn't make sense.

• Brohoof 1

Power Ponies. The moral is redundant (Spike is not useless) and something Spike should've learned a long time ago. He saved the Crystal Empire, is assistant to Twilight, and a bunch of other stuff. Something also worth adding is that they sort of nerfed the Mane Six (who, in the episode, most have powers similar to what they do in real life) so Spike would be ultimately useful in the end.

Edited by Vorax

So far this season the Dash-centric episodes have all been rather dull. I can't decide whether Rainbow Falls or Daring Don't were worse, both kinda rubbed me the wrong way and had a grocery list of problems that ruined them for me. 

• Brohoof 1

Unpopular opinion time: 'Bats!' It started off really good, but the whole Flutterbat thing was just so... pointless. There could have been an entirely better way to portray the lesson. The song was amazing, but Flutterbat ruined it for me. And she still has a fang so is she still a vampire batpony? So dumb.

• Brohoof 3

For me it's definitely Power Ponies. Mostly, it's just that the "give the main cast super powers for one episode" has been done so many times, and it seemed so unnecessary for this show.

Unpopular opinion time: 'Bats!' It started off really good, but the whole Flutterbat thing was just so... pointless. There could have been an entirely better way to portray the lesson. The song was amazing, but Flutterbat ruined it for me. And she still has a fang so is she still a vampire batpony? So dumb.

Also, ^ THIS. So glad someone else shared that opinion with me. :)

Flight to the Finish. Boring repetitive song with awkward use of the word "horse", no resolution on Scootaloo's flying ability, no cutie mark, no warm and fuzzy RD/Scoot sister feels, we finally see that Scootaloo has a room, but still no parents, and no massive collection of Rainbow Dash paraphernalia like I'd hoped.

Maybe it's my own fault for having such high hopes for the episode, but I was really disappointed with it.

And I loved Castle Mania, although I can understand people disliking it since it didn't really accomplish much either. Just a lot more enjoyable to watch ^_^