Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Powerpuff Girls Special?

Moonlight

There is set to be a new Powerpuff Girls special that will air on Cartoon Network on January 20th, 2013.

People are hesitant since the special will have a different design of the three girls than before, poster here:

996749_10151820240303372_665633554_n.png

This is actually official, especially since it was posted on the Cartoon Network Facebook page.

So...opinions? 

• Brohoof 6

I'm definitely going to catch it as I'm a longtime Powerpuff Girls fan.  ;)

I saw a sneak peek of their redesign a year or so ago so I'm not as surprised by it as some might be.  I like the eye shape as that's a nod to early sketches of Craig McCracken's Whoopass Girls.  But the rest of their bodies look wonky for me and I don't care for the rest of them that much.  :/ 

• Brohoof 2

Ooooh. I am definitely gonna look forward to that. But did they say who wrote it? Maybe Craig or Faust? Their new designs seem interesting though... but the arms and legs seem to be a tad small in my opinion. I know they always have had larger heads but now they look too large to me. Anyone else think that too?

• Brohoof 2

Their arms are coming out of their heads.....I've never been what you would call 'a fan' because I never really watched it.  I've never had cable as a kid, but i would like to see the new series simply to see if they stay as plain as the few episodes I have seen were.

Definitely a blast from the past and who know it could be very very good?! You never know until you have actually seen it yourself. So yeah I'd check this out of course. Now on first thoughts I do not like the style they have given the characters in that image as I liked the older animation much better. But that is only my opinion though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been aware of this for a while. I may watch it, I may not. Depends on what I'm doing that day and if I feel like it. Not real big on the designs, though.

Although, fun note: Ringo Starr (of The Beatles) is gonna be playing a character in it, I believe.

i'll check it out due to nostalgia. I will say I'm not a fan of the new look but hey, it could have amazing writing. I've seen the previews and it looks like the characters have the same personality so that's a plus.

I'm the same way. ;) me and my bro used to watch PPGs all the time!:) I'll try and catch it due to the nostalgia factor.

Dude...it's the freaking Powerpuff girls. Of course I'm gonna catch it!

Doesn't matter what art style they're in! They could be CGI and I would watch it. They're bringing back the original voice actors and writers! I cannot wait!

Oh and there's Bubbles. She is the best!

Powerpuff-girls-bubbles1.jpg

• Brohoof 4

PPG was one of my favs as

kid and such (HIM was my fav bad guy than monkey brain in a jar dude) but

a little iffy on the change of style but I will give

it the go and see how it works out.  Part of me hopes

they might bring back some of the older toons for the

younger gen to watch and such!