Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who most popular pony among the fandom?

Onylex

In your opinion who is the most popular?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Mane 6

• Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Twilight
    • Pinky Pie
    • Applejack
  2. 2. Background ponies

• Derpy
    • Vinyl
    • Lyra
    • Other

Its obvious that Rarity wants to be the most popular pony but, I think that tile goes to Rainbow Dash. 

I dont know, maybe its just me but I feel like that she has really grown among the fandom and to be compleatly honest with you, I though she was the main character of the show before I became a brony.   :P

I would say that the order for most popular to least popular goes like this:

1. Rainbow Dash
  2. Fluttershy
  3. Pinkie Pie
  4. Twilight
  5. Rarity
  6. Applejack

As for the most popular background pony I'd have to say Derpy is but, it seems as if Vinyl is slowly catching up to her.

So, which pony do you think is the most popular to the least?   :huh:

Twilight Sparkle, according to this census thing that they took last year. She seems to be the least disliked overall as well, and to have an extremely large number of fans. After her, maybe Flutttershy, and Luna.

EDIT: Here's a link to their thing. And a screenshot of the page that talks about favorite ponies.

Ur7NTQV.png

It might not be entirely accurate, but it makes some sense to me and has a bigger sample size than any other poll I've seen.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy won that pony poll on the hub but it is pretty close between her, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. Derpy leads by a pretty significant margin for most popular background pony though.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

For mane 6 I'd say its close between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Rainbow personifies awesome and Flutters personifies cute/moe. Should be Rarity because she's really best pony but I digress <_<

As for background, it's close between Derpy and Vinyl I think.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle, according to this census thing that they took last year. She seems to be the least disliked overall as well, and to have an extremely large number of fans. After her, maybe Flutttershy, and Luna.

EDIT: Here's a link to their thing. And a screenshot of the page that talks about favorite ponies.

Ur7NTQV.png

It might not be entirely accurate, but it makes some sense to me and has a bigger sample size than any other poll I've seen.

Wow this is really helpful.

There is a lot of info here, thanks for posting this.  :D

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I'd say RD for the simple fact any of my non-brony friends see the mane six they ALWAYS know Rainbow Dash's name.

BG - Derpy.

well, what i have observed is that RainbowDash, and Luna have a TON OF FANS and all my non brony friends know who RD is :P , same with Pinkypie for some reason ... my list of top liked is : RainbowDash, PinkyPie, Luna, Vinyl,and Dr Whooves ( my Dr Who fan friends know of him, how they know... i have no idea )

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is definitely the most popular within the main six since she's so recognizable. I agree with your list except maybe switch Pinkie Pie and Twilight. For background pony i say Derpy and Luna, because Derpy is associated with Doctor Whooves which introduces another fandom within our own. I say Luna because of the whole New Lunar Republic vs the Solar Empire has caught on to everyone just about.

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Derpy, and Vinyl seem to have a lot of fans. Whenever I see Pony merchandise, it's very common to see at least one of these ponies involved with the merchandise.

Some examples of what I saw at Hot Topic last week.

• Two different Derpy shirts, a Derpy hoodie, and a Derpy pin or two.
  • Two different Vinyl shirts, a Vinyl hoodie, and a Vinyl figure. Also some pins for her too.
  • Rainbow Dash shot glass, Rainbow Dash vinyl figure, Rainbow Dash shirt, Rainbow Dash backpack, Rainbow Dash hat, and a Rainbow Dash seatbelt. (Mixture of Spencers/Hot Topic merch.)
  • Fluttershy iPhone case, Fluttershy vinyl figure, and a Fluttershy pin or two.
Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

I voted for Rarity. :D

She didn't have a vote yet :( I know she's not the most popular pony by a long shot, but she at least should get one vote :D

img-2126201-1-Ur7NTQV.png

Actually, wait.

I've seen a lot of things like this. They all follow a similar pattern, though, but the results greatly vary.

It's usually like:

1. Twilight

2. Rainbow Dash

3. Fluttershy

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Rarity

5. Luna (They're always really close)

7. AJ

8. Derpy

Then a ton of background ponies. :D

I'll try and find another one, hold up. :D

Edited by ~Sadistic ghostfk39~
  • Brohoof 1

Likewise, I voted for Applejack, just because I want her to be popular. She actually IS the most popular... background pony, that is.

I made that joke without feeling angry. Oh my god, I'm becoming anti-Clarity-like BY THE SECOND!

Personally this my listing of seemingly most popular mane six.

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Fluttershy

3. Pinkie Pie

4. Rarity

5. Twilight Sparkle (those polls are inaccurate as BUCK.)

6. Applejack

For all others: DERPY. Way too damn obvious.

Likewise, I voted for Applejack, just because I want her to be popular. She actually IS the most popular... background pony, that is.

I made that joke without feeling angry. Oh my god, I'm becoming anti-Clarity-like BY THE SECOND!

One day, I will be able to display such discipline :D

Personally this my listing of seemingly most popular mane six.

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Fluttershy

3. Pinkie Pie

4. Rarity

5. Twilight Sparkle (those polls are inaccurate as BUCK.)

6. Applejack

For all others: DERPY. Way too damn obvious.

Yeahh, but Twilight is consistently at the top. Your list is closer that what I've seen myself, though :D

Most popular?  It's Rarity, then a close call between AJ and Pinkie, then Twilight, then Dash and Fluttershy. 

Well that's how it should be at least. ;)

What do I think it actually is?  Probably Dash-Twilight-Fluttershy-Pinkie-Rarity-AJ.

• Brohoof 3