Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does the fandom feel about a male character as an addition to the main cast?

hashtagoctothorpe

I'd be more than happy to see more male characters; another sibling of another Mane Six perhaps, or even a parent (Rainbow Dad plz <3). But, they'd need to remain at Spike-level at most. Trying to make any more characters level with the Mane Six would throw the entire show off, and that's regardless of gender.

• Brohoof 1

I wonder if I'd like Elusive as much as I do Rarity :D

Nahh.

Nothing can compare to my love for Rares :D

Maybe just a couple more males in the background, to balance shizz out. I like the show predominantly female, but a few more dudes couldn't hurt nothin' :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

Actually, yeah, it *must* have been just your imagination, coupled with an inability to read my post properly.  Because it's just in your imagination that Shining Armor is a *main* character (which is what I was talking about- *main* characters, as in one of the Mane Six, Spike, or the CMC).  Hell, I'd even argue that he's not a "major" character.  He's a *recurring* character. 

yeah you caught me, can't blame a guy for trying.  Personally i woudl pointed out he's a terrible character and been done with it.

I wonder if I'd like Elusive as much as I do Rarity :D

Nahh.

Nothing can compare to my love for Rares :D

Maybe just a couple more males in the background, to balance shizz out. I like the show predominantly female, but a few more dudes couldn't hurt nothin' :D

I've heard voice actors for Berry, Dusk shine, blitz, babs, butter scotch, and apple jack,

but not rule 63 rarity and I'm scared to listen to it LOL.

I kinda picture it as a even more out there hoity tioty.

I wouldn't care that he's male... but the thing that would irk me is having a random addition to an already perfect main cast. I don't even like to consider Babs as a CMC

The thing is that it would need to executed extremely well for me to accept it right off the bat. I guess I'm not a fan of sudden, uncalled for change. It needs to make sense and not be random or out of the blue.

Spike gets the job done for me. I wouldn't mind if his role becomes a bit more developed, maybe then we could start to see some male perspective in the forefront. But I would rather not have additions to the mane six (unless it was Derpy because I miss her  :( )

for an episode sure, but he would become a background character that is associated with the main six somehow. Or sometimes is a go to guy for advice. Or there could be an episode where he somehow saves rarity or something and succeeds where spike failed, so spike gets jealous thinking this guy is making a move on her, so some one sided conflict occurs but is settled by rarity explaining she has no feelings for this stallion, who the whole time is trying to explain to spike that he's not interested in rarity.  in the end there is some realization and spike learning a lesson. this could be his episode for next season, and this would be the second time this stallion is shown since he needs a backstory with the main six in a previous one.

I wouldn't care that he's male... but the thing that would irk me is having a random addition to an already perfect main cast. I don't even like to consider Babs as a CMC

The thing is that it would need to executed extremely well for me to accept it right off the bat. I guess I'm not a fan of sudden, uncalled for change. It needs to make sense and not be random or out of the blue.

Spike gets the job done for me. I wouldn't mind if his role becomes a bit more developed, maybe then we could start to see some male perspective in the forefront. But I would rather not have additions to the mane six (unless it was Derpy because I miss her  :( )

I miss derpy to, but she's gotta be done right.  they can't just toss her out there and be like "Bam main character!"

and have her end up adopting pinkies village idiot role banging her head on the town bell.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't Spike a Main Character? Anyway, if they added a stallion into the main cast it could be pretty interesting (as long as it doesn't turn into love IMO), maybe a funny colt who tends to tease the girls a little and sometimes gross them out by his ideas, would be the perfect fit really for me. xD

Perhaps for one episode... I know that isn't part of the mane cast but I'd like to see an episode centralised about one of the male secondary characters... Give them more development?

Lauren Faust did have an idea for an episode revolving entirely around Big Mac, but Hasbro nixed it. Wonder how that would have turned out.

• 1 year later...

We have Spike. Wouldn't mind seeing Big Mac get more attention though as long as he says more than "Eeyup" and "Enope"

Edited by Santa Megas

I think that the show has enough main characters as of now. But if a male character was added, I wouldn't mind too much.

The show has more than enough mane characters, so NO to a new male mane character. We already saw how "well" adding in a major new male lead went with flash sentry.

But developing pre-existing Male secondary characters more? HELL YEAH I think we'd be fine with that. Soarin, Big mac and spike have very big fan followings after all.

• Brohoof 2

Spike and Discord. They're also exploring Big Mac now and are trying to make Shining Armor more interesting as it appears. I mean this should be as far as they go with a show aimed towards girls. If you look at shows that are aimed towards guys, the girls are always given miniscule roles with little to no background so it evens up.