Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I hate apple jack.

FNGRpony

Well, a lot of people seem to think that it's imposibble to develop Applejack's character, while I can't agree with that statement. Her relationships with characters like Rarity or Rainbow Dash are pretty dynamic and with a good plot, writers could make a really good episode. There're also Applejack's hospitality and a lot of her other attributes . For example, imagine an episode, in which someone takes adventage of her hospitality. You remember how she treated Twilight when she came to Ponyville? She was really open and from the very first moment they met she treated her as a part of family. That's a really great side of her character, but there's a lot of people who could take adventage of that and it could be really interesting lesson.

This would actually be a cool episode. Maybe one of my favorite AJ episodes.

The problem isn't that you compeletely don't mention about positives, don't get me wrong here. It's just the impression that you focus too much on negatives instead of really enjoying the show.

well as someone stated above someone asked "how are we suppose to know what you like in the show?"

Now judge my actions and come to a conclusion based on those actions.

CONFLICT!  I would think it's pretty obvious.

The conflict itself and how flutter shy and apple jack interact felt lacking.

Not either character.

It's not that apple jack was out of character she handeled animals like this in apple buck season with the rabbits (which worked and was funny)

but that wasn't a whole episode.

Its why some fans have a hate boner for rainbow dash.  they simply don't understand the character,

something I admit I didn't.

But that is exactly why so many people are reacting negatively to this topic because it really makes it seem like you have a "hate boner" as you put it for Applejack. You even called the topic "I think I hate Applejack" do you have any idea how strong a word "hate" really is?

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

snip

You named the topic "I I think I hate Applejack," so right off the bat you should expect people to take the defensive, especially when you have failed to even pinpoint why it is that you hate her. You've waffled around with multiple different subjects throughout this thread and quite frankly, it's impossible to know exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for.

You're saying something was off about Bats! and yet you yourself have failed to properly explain what was wrong with the episode so instead you've resorted to blaming your dislike of the episode on Applejack but I have yet to see one valid point against her.

You said you didn't hate AJ before Bats! WHY do you hate Applejack now?

The problem isn't that you compeletely don't mention about positives, don't get me wrong here. It's just the impression that you focus too much on negatives instead of really enjoying the show.

I'm focusing on entertainment.

I think when i mention things and you see me say negatives at times,

some of those are the posetives that make the character fun.

For example to some degree form or fashion.  All the main six are nuts.

That's not me hating.  I LOVE THAT.

Pinkie pie is great because she's a ticking time bomb.

We're all waiting around for twilight to have a melt down.

I love seeing rarity act like the world is ending over some trivial nonsense.

hell i thought after power ponies i came on here and defended spike.

You named the topic "I I think I hate Applejack," so right off the bat you should expect people to take the defensive, especially when you have failed to even pinpoint why it is that you hate her. You've waffled around with multiple different subjects throughout this thread and quite frankly, it's impossible to know exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for.

You're saying something was off about Bats! and yet you yourself have failed to properly explain what was wrong with the episode so instead you've resorted to blaming your dislike of the episode on Applejack but I have yet to see one valid point against her.

You said you didn't hate AJ before Bats! WHY do you hate Applejack now?

I kinda conceded to you on the other page and explained it was i didn't enjoy the conflict between flutter she and apple jack,

Some was off,

and when i made the thread i think?

I was open to the idea "maybe I'm just scape goating the pony I like the least?"

I didn't hear any alternetitve theorys.

CONFLICT!  I would think it's pretty obvious. The conflict itself and how flutter shy and apple jack interact felt lacking. Not either character. It's not that apple jack was out of character she handeled animals like this in apple buck season with the rabbits (which worked and was funny)

Well, finally getting somewhere. A reason instead of "I hate just because."

You probably didn't like how the conflict and interaction between Applejack and Fluttershy was executed, and that's perfectly understandable; many people've stated that as well in the Bats thread. Note the difference, though: most of them stated all their reasons FIRST and elaborated on them, and they didn't state them negatively and heeded other posters' arguments. 

• Brohoof 1

Calm down. Like really. You don't need to 'hate' Applejack. But I am glad you are making arguments other than 'I JUST DOO K'. It makes your arguments a little more respectable.

Edited by Artemis

I kinda conceded to you on the other page and explained it was i didn't enjoy the conflict between flutter she and apple jack,

Some was off,

and when i made the thread i think?

I was open to the idea "maybe I'm just scape goating the pony I like the least?"

I didn't hear any alternetitve theorys.

In a nutshell, you didn't like Bats! and you've surmised that Applejack is the reason why, but your failure to diagnose what was wrong with her in the episode along with a strong lack of elaboration all but proves you're scapegoating her because she's your least favorite pony. It's up for you to decide why you hate her and what made you hate her. You're not likely to get any alternative theories here.

• Brohoof 5

I have to agree with people that feel it's unnecessary for threads that focus on negative things, it does manly just cause arguing because people feel inclined to stand up for characters they like. Debating is good but things like I dislike this cause so and so are really only going to get responded with well I like this cause so and so. It's one thing to make a thread expressing dislike about something in the show, but making a thread with the sole purpose of disliking a character is only gonna cause tension and possible tempers flaring.

I don't want to start anything so, I'll just add how I feel about this. We know you're entitled to your opinion but, you're not explaining thoroughly on the reasons on why you hate Applejack. Other than the fact that Hasbro have a lot of untouched potential with her, and that they don't take advantage of it. I would say it's a contrived reason, let's move on.

You should expect that her fans will start to be on the defensive for her because, you claim to hate her even when your reasons don't make any sense. AJ is a very dedicated character to her friends and family, she is willing to sacrifice on what she wants to accomplish to help her friends and family. Applejack is not a ''blockhead'' to her sister Apple Bloom, where we have clearly seen examples of how she cares about her family including her little sister. It's like the relationship with Rarity and Sweetie Belle, they may argue at times but in the end they learn to forgive and forget.

It takes sacrifice to benefit yourself and others, disliking a character will always lead to tensions flaring.

• Brohoof 2

Funny, and here I fought rarity had it tougher, turns out, applejack is way more than I fought.

I understand that she may be the standout of the group because she isn't like here friends because she's already accomplished her goals at staying at the farm, but that doesn't make her useless or pointless.

For someone who is there for her friends, has the will to think of others but herself, save others despite the danger, and be like a mother figure to her sister and friends, makes you wonder if she's that pointless doesn't it? 

• Brohoof 4

I don't Hate AJ, she's very practical hard working and family oriented... all things I can appreciate

But she's not my fave because of the whole southern red neck theim.

At one point in history she would have been my fave but that's all been ruined for me now. And I don't blame AJ for it.. its just the way it is