Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I hate apple jack.

FNGRpony

i was doing a review (a lazy one i'm tired and i wanna be done with that episode for bats)

and season 4 has been a great season for giving different characters the ball and running with it for better or worse.

Rarity has been strong in two episodes.  Castelamania, and power ponies.  Next weed she's likely gonna be amazing (or team rarity is gonna torch the place, still just as fun).

Pinkie's been hit and miss,

twilight has been awesome,

rainbow dash is at her best,

flutters.... it's not been a strong season for flutter shy but I've kinda given up on her for the time being.

My point is for AJ she's always been my least favorite simply because the staff did the least with her.

I just don't care about sweet apple achers.

Yes i know it feeds the town,

but how many times do i gotta go "Oh crap the barn is going under!" 

Again?  maybe that's it.  I'm tired of the apple familys constant life or death struggle of going under,

in a other wise happy setting.

we know everything is gonna be alright,

and the threat of something taking the crop or the farm.

Like at the start of the season we had some fans go "oh she's showing promise, she could easily be number 2 in command."

but i mean.... for all A.J.s extra time on screen....I just don't care.  Further more i'm kinda annoyed their slowly modeling apple bloom into mini A.J.

I liked apple bloom because i had hope she'd escape that depressing life style.  She had a chance to be anything.

and she's gonna turn into that block head of a big sister?.... ufgh.

Sorry i should be in bed.  I just wanted to vent.

• Brohoof 2

If I'm reading you right, your issue is that her episodes are too dark? If the concern is danger to her farm, I can only think of that happening twice, in the cider episode and last week's. That doesn't seem overwhelming to me, either in frequency or in darkness. The show has done far more depressing things.

As for her as a character, I don't see much to dislike. She's been one of the more consistently reasonable and kind characters in the show, and if this revelation was somehow brought on by last episode, I can't understand it changing anything. Even if you didn't take her side of the argument, she put Fluttershy's well being ahead of everything in the end and was willing to open her mind and see an alternate solution. Absolutely nothing worthy of hatred.

• Brohoof 17

i like her, since she is the only one without "super powers" (she is a mud pony, no advantages.. even pinkie has special abilites) she is the more "human" one with "real" and concrete problems...

and also... if i have to pick a leader.,. i will never follow twilight, i will follow somepony with more guts and that had to deal with problems without the aid of magic... i prefer AJ as a leader, she is my third favourite pony but stilll.. she rocks...

• Brohoof 6

i like her, since she is the only one without "super powers" (she is a mud pony, no advantages.. even pinkie has special abilites) she is the more "human" one with "real" and concrete problems...

I'm going with what he said~~ or typed...

And she's a character, I mean it's a no biggie if she has this some sort of depressing life, 'cause that is what gave her the 'flesh' to her character, making her somewhat alive and not just your average random made up character.

• Brohoof 2

Living on a farm, selling produce. 

Heh Live next to a dairy farm, around the corner from a beef farm on one side, and on the other .. various produce (anything from corn to onions :)  )

Personally Grow my own Apples, chickens and ducks here.

Can't say I sell anything yet.. Still getting started. Got my 2 peikings m/f so hopefully baby duckies next year and maybe some sales if I can get anyone to bite...

that and if the cows to keep trampling my garden and trees... grrrr.....

+ need to get the soil going... I think I started in a bad spot, my food came out BIG last year, but OMFG was it BLAND..... 

Farm life is NOT depressing.. aggravating sometimes, but hardly depressing. Always something going on, and the down time is enjoyed far more than any normal "life" imo... Especially when your eating your own harvest!

though I still hate civilian life, tis boring vs the constant adrenaline rush of the military...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 3

@@Malinter,

I don't normally give out brohoofs.

But that post made me laugh so hard.

And AJ's cool, she finally got an awesome song that's up there as one of the best, and she's as funny as hell sometimes. 

Farm life is NOT depressing

i can't agree more with this. i have worked on farms for about my whole life, i live next to a dairy farm and a various produce farm on the other side. i know farm life probably better then normal civillian life, and i love it.

(damnit now i'm in the argument anyway :P)

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

Not every person is going to like every pony and seeing as AJ is one of the least popular of the mane ponies I am kind of used to it by now even if not many people would go so far as to say the "hate" her she is widely seen as "boring" which I think is extremely unfortunate. I think Applejack is much deeper and more interesting that people give her credit for, when I see Applejack I see somepony who has had to step up from a young age and grow up much faster because of what happened to her parents and somepony who struggled with her own identity and tried to become somepony she was not by living the with Oranges but soon finding out that she had to be true to herself which is something I as someone who has been through a significant amount of tragedy and has had struggles with finding myself and fitting in can not only relate to but actually find inspiring. 

You are free to find Applejacks life depressing, but I find her life to be though it has some hardship especially early on to be one that is very inspiring and fulfilling for her. Farm life isn't for everyone, I am not sure I am cut out for it but Applejack clearly is. Whether or not Applebloom is or not is way too soon to tell, she has more in common with Applejack than Sweetie Belle does with Rarity but not as much as Scootaloo does with Rainbow Dash. One thing is clear though, Applebloom though she is impatient and impulsive does not seem like a depressed filly to me. 

I suppose before I go this might make you understand a bit more what we Applejack fans tend to see in her.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/456/entry-5536-12-reasons-why-applejack-is-best-pony/

• Brohoof 8

Although I think AJ is the strongest character of the mane six I can see what you mean. I created an AJ blog/comic just because I felt there was so much more to AJ's character than was being shown, she has more mileage, more struggles that can be brought up but sadly this isnt the Applejack show, so she just can't get the attention required.

Honesty itself is a burden, if you want to live your life as an open book, you run the risk of people thinking you're shallow, or of revealing things about yourself that you shouldn't. She stands for honesty, hard work and reliability, things I value a great deal in friends but sadly, hard work isn't much fun to watch and doesn't compare to the flashiness of a sonic rainboom for entertainment purposes.

To avoid the risk of hijacking this thread to sing AJs praises, I will leave it at that for now. Applejack is a fantastic character with untapped potential, but the way Hasbro have been portraying her isn't quite as good as it could be, and if we base our opinions on that then maybe she doesn't stand out enough when compared to the epic adventures the others get to experience.

• Brohoof 1

Not every person is going to like every pony and seeing as AJ is one of the least popular of the mane ponies I am kind of used to it by now even if not many people would go so far as to say the "hate" her she is widely seen as "boring" which I think is extremely unfortunate. I think Applejack is much deeper and more interesting that people give her credit for, when I see Applejack I see somepony who has had to step up from a young age and grow up much faster because of what happened to her parents and somepony who struggled with her own identity and tried to become somepony she was not by living the with Oranges but soon finding out that she had to be true to herself which is something I as someone who has been through a significant amount of tragedy and has had struggles with finding myself and fitting in can not only relate to but actually find inspiring. 

You are free to find Applejacks life depressing, but I find her life to be though it has some hardship especially early on to be one that is very inspiring and fulfilling for her. Farm life isn't for everyone, I am not sure I am cut out for it but Applejack clearly is. Whether or not Applebloom is or not is way too soon to tell, she has more in common with Applejack than Sweetie Belle does with Rarity but not as much as Scootaloo does with Rainbow Dash. One thing is clear though, Applebloom though she is impatient and impulsive does not seem like a depressed filly to me. 

I suppose before I go this might make you understand a bit more what we Applejack fans tend to see in her.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/456/entry-5536-12-reasons-why-applejack-is-best-pony/

Wait, what?

I though Rarity was the most unpopular Mane 6 pony because she's generally seen as whiny and the stereotypical annoying rich girl (if Diamond Tiara wasn't like that already, though I still love her).

I like Applejack because she's the "typical" commoner on the farm that could come up with solutions to every difficult problem. It isn't necessarily depressing, but Applejack has creativity and practicability to get things done quick.

• Brohoof 1

Heh Live next to a dairy farm, around the corner from a beef farm on one side, and on the other .. various produce (anything from corn to onions :)  )

Personally Grow my own Apples, chickens and ducks here.

Can't say I sell anything yet.. Still getting started. Got my 2 peikings m/f so hopefully baby duckies next year and maybe some sales if I can get anyone to bite...

that and if the cows to keep trampling my garden and trees... grrrr.....

+ need to get the soil going... I think I started in a bad spot, my food came out BIG last year, but OMFG was it BLAND..... 

Farm life is NOT depressing.. aggravating sometimes, but hardly depressing. Always something going on, and the down time is enjoyed far more than any normal "life" imo... Especially when your eating your own harvest!

though I still hate civilian life, tis boring vs the constant adrenaline rush of the military...

Farm life is very interesting, different from the city life that's for sure. Fresh grown produce is also very delicious, compared to store bought.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, what?

I though Rarity was the most unpopular Mane 6 pony because she's generally seen as whiny and the stereotypical annoying rich girl (if Diamond Tiara wasn't like that already, though I still love her).

I like Applejack because she's the "typical" commoner on the farm that could come up with solutions to every difficult problem. It isn't necessarily depressing, but Applejack has creativity and practicability to get things done quick.

Rarity has a lot of fanboys and a lot of fangirls. If anything she might have most fangirls of the mane six.

Applejack suffers from the fact that not everyone can relate to a hardworking person, most bronies live in cities where life is easy

Wait, what?

In most polls they are either neck and neck or one of them is slightly behind the other which is why I said Applejack is ONE of the least popular of the mane ponies. This is the case despite the fact that Applejack dosen't get anywhere near as much hard core hate as Rarity does, but then again Rainbow Dash gets a lot of hard core hate too and she is one of the most popular ponies. Interestingly enough I have noticed an upswing in the last few months or so in Rarity avatars on here and a decrease of Applejack avatars although after Apple Family Reunion there was an upswing in AJ avatars for a little while.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, first of all, don't you dare call Applejack a "blockhead" of a sister, she has shown more common sense than Twilight at times. If you don't care for one of the mane ponies, that's fine, but making a thread saying "I hate ___ (character)", is just annoying and a waste of everyone's time as we all try to convince you that Applejack is actually a good character. Of course most of her episodes are going to focus on the barn or family, she's a family-driven farm-pony, what do you expect? Plus, I wouldn't call her life depressing, she may have lost her parents at a young age, but she has shown to be a strong emotionally-driven pony who wouldn't let a thing get in her way. You're free to like/dislike what you want to, but I still rather enjoy Applejack, even if she's not in my top 3 of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 11

Farm life is very interesting, different from the city life that's for sure. Fresh grown produce is also very delicious, compared to store bought.

Farm life is also great as a kid. The absolute freedom. The junker gear left around to pretend are all manner of vehicles and such. Oh the fun that there is.... I feel old now.

• Brohoof 3

Living a farm live, don't get me wrong but, I've tried that once. One whole week, with my school, a field trip of the sort and high up in the mountain -- on the foot of a mountain to be exact (but it's high though). 

From a city live to a country farm-type live, traditional, I like it -- aside from a whole week away from my folks and technology -- it's exciting though. Eating foods and vegetables grown from the fields, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and without the fear of additive substance.