Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I hate apple jack.

FNGRpony

It seems like people will find anything to hate on a character with.

And people wonder why the forums are so negative sometimes :D

Hate leads to negativity, and people seem to look for reasons to hate certain ponies, which, in turn, offends said pony's fans :D

People be pony bashin' like no tomorrow trying to look smart, or they're just plain misinformed, not realizing that's a major factor to what bogs this place down to begin with :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

My only issue with Applejack is that she comes off as if she thinks she's above everyone else, or that she does no wrong. It gets on my nerves after a while.

You read my mind? I know so well, that i'll dislike the Apples to the core song.

We got it. We know that you farmers are the best. >_>

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
Removed derogatory remark.

Hell, everyone hates Applejack. She's a redneck, western farmer stereotype with a goddamn annoying voice! The only thing I like about her is that she reminds me of Spock from Star Trek with the whole honesty thing. But thats the problem! My least favourite character in MLP which I find rage-inducing, reminds me of my all-time favourite character in Media in general, Spock. Also, she's really pushy and mean. She made Twilight Sparkle cry when all she was trying to do was to get the job done quickly and effeciently.

You amused me with this post so much that I brohoofed it. :D

After all, we all know Applejack is a mean, nasty little nitch who knows nothing but sticking her head into the apple orchard, not to mention sooooo arrogant she thinks she's got an ego besting Rainbow Dash's. 

• Brohoof 3

Well, I didn't see this topic coming.  Hate is a very strong word.  I have a hard time envisioning any true fan of MLP:FiM hating Applejack.  There are many who dislike her or find her boring.  Yes, I get that the redneck flavor of the Apple family and the farm and all that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  But Applejack brings so much to the table.  The Mane 6 would be incomplete without someone like her.  AJ is all about tenacity, self sacrifice, and integrity. 

As so many others have already pointed out, I find it ironic that someone who supposedly likes MLP would hate one of the main characters.  :derp:

• Brohoof 5

Well, I didn't see this topic coming.  Hate is a very strong word.  I have a hard time envisioning any true fan of MLP:FiM hating Applejack.  There are many who dislike her or find her boring.  Yes, I get that the redneck flavor of the Apple family and the farm and all that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  But Applejack brings so much to the table.  The Mane 6 would be incomplete without someone like her.  AJ is all about tenacity, self sacrifice, and integrity. 

As so many others have already pointed out, I find it ironic that someone who supposedly likes MLP would hate one of the main characters.  :derp:

Farm =/= Redneck. Trust me on this.

Even though I took Fluttershy's side on the Bats episode, I didn't get upset at AJ at all for her wanting the bats gone. I mean she talked about how her family told her how awful it was the last time they had bats. So wanting to make sure her family never has to go through that again was good reasoning if you ask me. So I don't have a problem with her in that episode or any of the other ones. I think she is a good character.

I have a difficult time understanding the majority of the content in your posts and your video didn't do much to help. I'm going to make the presumption that you hate Applejack because her farm is constantly in peril and you deem that those situations are depressing? It's kind of an odd contradiction that you find these situations depressing even though you also said that you know that Sweet Apple Acres will always be alright in the end. And unless I'm simply miscounting, the farm's survival has been at risk a grand total of two times throughout 4 seasons. The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 was the first occurrence, and Bats! is the second. I think it's worth mentioning though, that the well-being of the farm was of secondary importance to the Flutterbat dilemma and this is illustrated through Applejack's actions and words.

It seems that like many other of Applejack's critics, you are of the opinion that she's underutilized and that the majority of the focus she is given is dedicated to her farm life. The problem I have with this criticism is that it is just as easily applicable to any other one of the main characters. Aren't many of Rarity's episodes about her fashion life and her business? Aren't Rainbow Dash episodes quick to incorporate flying and Wonderbolts? You could just as easily say that Bats! was all about Fluttershy and her ability to handle animals yet again. That's why each character has their own roles, hobbies, interests, occupations, and talents. And we're bound to see Applejack happily running the farm in future episodes just like we're bound to see Twilight reading books or Pinkie Pie throwing parties. It's who they are.

Another statement you made that I feel makes little to no sense is that remark about Apple Bloom becoming a "mini AJ". Last time I checked, Apple Bloom loves her "blockhead" older sister and looks up to her in much of the same way as Sweetie Belle looks up to Rarity and Scootaloo looks up to Rainbow Dash. It's only natural that the two of them would share some characteristics. Younger siblings tend to model themselves after family members, and AB and AJ have always been extremely close. Despite all of that, there are plenty of key differences between the two of them, and if you can't distinguish them, then you need to look a little harder.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 12

I don't understand how people can be in a fandom about ponies and friendship yet claim to hate one of the mane 6 it doesn't make sense to me....

Especially when your best pony gets slammed with topics like these, it pretty much only causes tension amongst the Forums.

I really hope this topic gets locked...I totally get the AJ fans here, because misinformed hate, closed minded interpretations, and general stubbornness/refusal to listen is something I have to deal with far too often.

It's a useless topic that will only create negativity, and it's created 0 productive discussion, only drama and hurt because of whatever the OP was thinking -_-

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

I've 3-4 members at least agree.  But that's not the point.  Again i'm not recruiting.  

It seems to be your trying to to find negatives with me,

to prove your point.

Originally i was reviewing, Bats.  I liked the episode but something felt off.  Like fun things were happening.

PInkie was on for a change.
rarity was good form.

Twilight (my new favorite) choose wrong, but that isn't enough to make the episode bad.

long story short 

I came to the conclusion "the episode feels off because I hate apple jack?"

I mean it wasn't something i entirely new.

I know for a fact i hate granny smith.

But there's no point in talking about something I knew.

I don't care if apple jack is or isn't a red neck.

Hell I picked on pinkie pie and rarity far harder for going at zercora that I did AJ.

As for demon spawn if only LOL. 

Apple jack from ultra fast pony is a bone breaking thug, AND I LOVE THAT CHARACTER.  I'm not asking for that, (not saying no to it either lol).

I got this same speach about rarityt when I never even hated her, so this is a lazy cookie cutter response.

I got home from work, cracked open a Pepsi, and I gave this topic a readthrough to see what I missed.

@@FNGRpony, I think you need to look at her in a positive light for a moment; everyone's disagreed with you thus far almost, and, both objectively and subjectively, they're correct.

It kind of seems as if you're trying to find negatives in the character to prove your point; I can respect it when someone sticks by their beliefs, but that doesn't mean be closed-minded and refuse to accept anything you may be overlooking and trying to make yourself right, even though you may be wrong.

There's a certain line in the sand, and you crossed it, I'm afraid; it went from a sharing of opinions to just desperately clinging on to what  you said, just so you're not wrong; that's what it seems, and, if that's the case (which I'm certain it is) then you're no longer doing this for the right reason.

So, just sit down, light a candle, eat a Waffle, and think about the positives of AJ's character and compare them to the negatives; I assure you as a reformed pony basher myself, that there's a lot of good you're ignoring just so you can highlight the bad, and, in turn, you're making yourself look bad, costing yourself potential friends, and hurting many people; I know this, because I've been here before.

So, just think about AJ and be a little more open-minded about her character, because I promise you, she's so much better than the demon spawn you're making her out to be ;)

Especially when your best pony gets slammed with topics like these, it pretty much only causes tension amongst the Forums.

I really hope this topic gets locked...I totally get the AJ fans here, because misinformed hate, closed minded interpretations, and general stubbornness/refusal to listen is something I have to deal with far too often.

It's a useless topic that will only create negativity, and it's created 0 productive discussion, only drama and hurt because of whatever the OP was thinking -_-

Um, i think you have this propgranda that some how is telling you hatred is irrational and baseless, because having that theory makes you feel good.

Fans hate spike,

celestail,

Luna, etc, etc.  And they have the right to hate those character.  I totally understand why people hate spike,

despite the fact I've choosen to like spike.

I've made an effort to like spike because it feels like i'm almost not suppose to.

I think my dislike for Celestail can be laid at the writers feet, simply because she can't share facts that the writing staff hasn't thought up yet.

BUt seriously I keep saying and people keep ignoring "something feels off about the episode."

I even suggested it might have been the writer.  No one else suggested an alernate reason besides my theory 
"I must be because I don't like AJ."

No instead like many brony's you slapped a ignorant hater stick on me and put a check in the win column.

Brony proto call move 3.679

You know what would been a good alternatative to apple jack for something being off with the episode?

the moral?

Like, we never saw a reason why the bats deserved to be catered to.

they were rude jerks even to flutter shy,

why were the main 6 (minus flutters) wrong to run them off besides twilight blowing the spell?

twilight droping the ball magically shouldn't have made flutter shy right.

Edited by FNGRpony

By reading most of Your threads I wonder if You even try to look for something positive in the show. All this "I hate", "I dislike"... how about some positivity? Isn't it what show is about? This thread just caused yet another arguing, was that Your point? Because it was more than obvious that THIS would be result (and no, argument "You should've not read is not legit here because people will read just out of their curiousity and nothing will stop them from that). Yet another thread that will be locked down,because it causes too much tension...  >_>

• Brohoof 4

Honestly, I started to wonder if you're some kind of troll or something. Your every topic was focused on things you dislike about the show and it's really getting hard to believe that you actually like My Little Pony. Someone who is a fan should like (or at least tolerate) main characters of the show. What's the point of watching something you don't like?

You don't like Applejack? OK, I get it. I probably can't change it, but I'm trying to respect and understand your opinion. The problem I have is that you're too stuborn to actually hear what her fans have to say and your arguments are simply weak. Sugar Cube said it already - aren't every Rarity episode focused on her love for fashion? Just like every Rainbow episode is about becoming Wonderblot? In my opinion you're just closed minded. You tend to see only bad things about AJ and completely forget about the good ones. Everytime I see discussion like that I have one conclusion - people like to see what they want to see. Hate is a really strong word and you seem to forget about it. In my opinion, Applejack is very good and likeable character. She's honest (not only for others but also herself), strong and kind. She's also always ready to sacrifice herself for her friends and family, what for me is very inspiring and unique about her. I can understand why you find her boring and I wish that writers will make some interesting episode about AJ in the future, because I disagree with rather popular opinion that it's hard to develop her character. It also make me sad that people focus only on how she treated Fluttershy at the beggining of 'Bats!' but completely forget that in the end she sacrificed everything - that big apple, part of her orchard - and apologized. 

I don't have anything againts topics, which lend to discussion about characters and what we like or not about them. But your posts are so full of hatred and offensive that it's really hard to stay calm. Forum should unite us, not make us feel bad, because we like different characters. 

ps sorry for my english

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 6

I got home from work, cracked open a Pepsi, and I gave this topic a readthrough to see what I missed.

@@FNGRpony, I think you need to look at her in a positive light for a moment; everyone's disagreed with you thus far almost, and, both objectively and subjectively, they're correct.

It kind of seems as if you're trying to find negatives in the character to prove your point; I can respect it when someone sticks by their beliefs, but that doesn't mean be closed-minded and refuse to accept anything you may be overlooking and trying to make yourself right, even though you may be wrong.

There's a certain line in the sand, and you crossed it, I'm afraid; it went from a sharing of opinions to just desperately clinging on to what  you said, just so you're not wrong; that's what it seems, and, if that's the case (which I'm certain it is) then you're no longer doing this for the right reason.

So, just sit down, light a candle, eat a Waffle, and think about the positives of AJ's character and compare them to the negatives; I assure you as a reformed pony basher myself, that there's a lot of good you're ignoring just so you can highlight the bad, and, in turn, you're making yourself look bad, costing yourself potential friends, and hurting many people; I know this, because I've been here before.

So, just think about AJ and be a little more open-minded about her character, because I promise you, she's so much better than the demon spawn you're making her out to be ;)

*nods head in approval and claps* Well done Ghost, Well done indeed

You know, Coming from an AJ fan, this thread sickens me, If you "hate" A certain character then that is your "opinion" about said character, You don't go around making threads about why you hate the character. I'm almost certain you made this thread just to get Attention really, i could be wrong but then again i could not. i really see no point in this thread apart from you wanting attention.

(P.S check your spelling and grammar before posting, it makes your sentences hard to understand)

• Brohoof 4

I find it very hard to understand your threads, but it seems you want to know "why the episode was off?" First, who says it was? Digi? Clearly you felt it was off, but since we can't be in your brain, I don't think we can help you learn why. You didn't like an episode and didn't understand it and have no answers as to why. Well that's life, so I suggest you take your thread count increase and move on. Not everything has a reason.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 2

I came to the conclusion "the episode feels off because I hate apple jack?"

Fair enough, there has been some episodes that have dissapointed me and truthfully I haven't always like Rarity because I used to find her vain, shallow prima donna side annoying because I felt it was laid in a bit thick a lot of times. But even back then I tried to see the positives in her character and actually listened to her fans as to why they actually like her while you seem to be doing the opposite be going out of your way to find some reason, any reason to not like Applejack which just seems pointless. I eventually did start to like Rarity even though she is still not my absolute favorite. She has good episodes but though her episodes are good her supporting roles could use some work, but season 4 seems to be going in the right direction with that I like the fact that it showed her artistic side in Castle Mane ia for example.

The only episode I truly hated was Magical Mystery Cure, but I didn't go out of my way to find reasons because honestly I didn't even need to. A lot of Twilight Sparkle fans did misconstrue what I was saying and thought I was just hating on Twilight and part of was because I used the word Mary Sue a few too many times. I never said she was one but that if twilicorn was botched anymore than it was in the season 3 finale that she would become one. Much of the reason why I was so outspoken though was because Twilight became tied with Applejack for my favorite pony which activated my protective fanboy mode which I think played a huge factor in many peoples opinions both for and against it. I am neutral on that matter now, but will probably never liked the season 3 finale.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

@@FNGRpony,

Seriously – no offense, but I can't understand a word you say, and most others couldn't either. Please elaborate with more clarity.

lelelelel

Jokes aside, from what I can understand, you're saying that you disliked Bats for Applejack, or something feels off, but you wouldn't explain and instead repeated that over and over to people who've made perfectly good points about why it's otherwise. It's not like we know magically why you found the episode and Applejack to be "off," so instead, like @Nature's Spell said, move on. I actually get you hating Applejack for least amount of interest or even being a stereotype, but "something feels off" makes for a useless topic of discussion.

By reading most of Your threads I wonder if You even try to look for something positive in the show. All this "I hate", "I dislike"... how about some positivity? Isn't it what show is about? This thread just caused yet another arguing, was that Your point? Because it was more than obvious that THIS would be result (and no, argument "You should've not read is not legit here because people will read just out of their curiousity and nothing will stop them from that). Yet another thread that will be locked down,because it causes too much tension...  >_>

Um, i was posetive about power ponies,

hell i was posetive about every episode in season 4 accept castlemania,

And i even took down my review of u tube about it cause "ah it's just pure bitching it feels I don't want it up."

the things i'm posetive about like asking for more time for air time for an interesting character gets knocked down, and knocked down quickly with 

"that would ruin the show."

You want posetive

I liked PINkie in this episode.  I'm pretty damn sure i've mentioned that more than once and you choose to focus on the negatives.

Rarity was awesome in this episode.

Her weird ghost busters uniform she had while dealing with the bats felt fun.  It felt kinda random but I liked it.

We got a bat pony something we haven't had sense luna eclipsed.

and i liked, nay loved this episode.

something felt off about it.  I know i'm not alone Digi and Tommy oliver said the same thing (and i did the script for my review before seeing their updates so I'm not a mindless drone),

but i also know i'm not alone.

Honestly, I started to wonder if you're some kind of troll or something. Your every topic was focused on things you dislike about the show and it's really getting hard to believe that you actually like My Little Pony. Someone who is a fan should like (or at least tolerate) main characters of the show. What's the point of watching something you don't like?

You don't like Applejack? OK, I get it. I probably can't change it, but I'm trying to respect and understand your opinion. The problem I have is that you're too stuborn to actually hear what her fans have to say and your arguments are simply weak. Sugar Cube said it already - aren't every Rarity episode focused on her love for fashion? Just like every Rainbow episode is about becoming Wonderblot? In my opinion you're just closed minded. You tend to see only bad things about AJ and completely forget about the good ones. Everytime I see discussion like that I have one conclusion - people like to see what they want to see. Hate is a really strong word and you seem to forget about it. In my opinion, Applejack is very good and likeable character. She's honest (not only for others but also herself), strong and kind. She's also always ready to sacrifice herself for her friends and family, what for me is very inspiring and unique about her. I can understand why you find her boring and I wish that writers will make some interesting episode about AJ in the future, because I disagree with rather popular opinion that it's hard to develop her character. It also make me sad that people focus only on how she treated Fluttershy at the beggining of 'Bats!' but completely forget that in the end she sacrificed everything - that big apple, part of her orchard - and apologized. 

I don't have anything againts topics, which lend to discussion about characters and what we like or not about them. But your posts are so full of hatred and offensive that it's really hard to stay calm. Forum should unite us, not make us feel bad, because we like different characters. 

ps sorry for my english

To stuborn?  I keep offering alternatives myself to hypothesis that apple jack is what makes "bats" feel escew,

What I keep asking posters to do,

but everyone mentally checked the hell out after I said "I hate apple jack."

And if your going to lure me into talking about Rarity, behold the S... storm of the century.

Sweet and Elite (OH NO FNGR Is bringing up that episode again) was a much about socail function and high society,

far more than the fashioin.  Rarity could have been the best damn dress maker in the multi verse, if she didn't have the socail graces,

those snobs wouldn't have touched her with a 10 ft pole.

I enjoyed seeing that the upper crust of canterlot is more or less about well, nothing.

And ultimately Rarity chooses not to be there.  That's an awesome episode.  Top to buttom.

Rarity in Sonic rainboom (which is every bit about rarity as it is rainbow dash)

her air time is about her, not her fashion, the fashion is rather an aspect of her over all character.

She didn't make the wings a attraction at first.  They just were.

Yes by the end she's wearing her...... um... what ever that was?  (you know the outfit i'm talking about)

but that wasn't the whole point.  

where as oh look it's apple jack.. sweet apple achcres 

I can be open in fact,

this next episode is taking place in main hatten right?  I'm expecting apple jack to be along for the ride.

I'm expecting to see apple jack step out of of sweet apple achers,

you know maybe giving the character a new look?

Something that might even make her a favorite.

*holds up a middle finger for my good friend clarity.*

@@FNGRpony,

Seriously – no offense, but I can't understand a word you say, and most others couldn't either. Please elaborate with more clarity.

lelelelel

Jokes aside, from what I can understand, you're saying that you disliked Bats for Applejack, or something feels off, but you wouldn't explain and instead repeated that over and over to people who've made perfectly good points about why it's otherwise. It's not like we know magically why you found the episode and Applejack to be "off," so instead, like @Nature's Spell said, move on. I actually get you hating Applejack for least amount of interest or even being a stereotype, but "something feels off" makes for a useless topic of discussion.

from what i seen based on your opening line you went with the party line "if he doesn't like or hate something we should slap an ignortant stamp on him and ride off into the sun set.

I keep making valid points back,

Specifically if something else was wrong with bats what might it have been ?

Like do you feel offering up a critic would make you a hater or something?  Are you that timid?

STOP IGNORING this part everyone.

Edited by FNGRpony

Yes, but you didn't start to create topics about how awesome Pinkie or Rarity were in this episode. You don't even know what exactly is your problem with this episode. What it has in common with the fact that you hate Applejack? Digi and Tommy Olived didn't say that their problem was with Applejack, they simply stated that something was off, while they couldn't really place it. 

We don't write about you mentioning what was good about other characters, because it isn't the subject of this topic. The subject is that you hate Applejack, while you can't really explain why you hate her and you don't discuss with us properly, because almost every our statement stays without answer. Honestly, in my opinion this topic is pointless, because discussion with you is really hard and full of negative emotions. 

ps sorry for my english

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

I find it very hard to understand your threads, but it seems you want to know "why the episode was off?" First, who says it was? Digi? Clearly you felt it was off, but since we can't be in your brain, I don't think we can help you learn why. You didn't like an episode and didn't understand it and have no answers as to why. Well that's life, so I suggest you take your thread count increase and move on. Not everything has a reason.

If someone criticed an episode,

something I really liked,

I could sit down and snow ball ideas on what might been wrong with it.

I loved the first two episodes.  I loved flight to the finish.

could i suggest things that might been wrong in those episodes and still loved those episodes?  Yes?

Why cant' you people?

Why does it have to be "SHUT UP NO negative talk!"

This is the 3rd or 4th time i've said "maybe it was williams."

and not apple jack.

"nope that would be negative, we're not doing that."

......you have no idea how frustrating that is when you can't talk with people completely in willing to think something might be wrong.

Might be.

I'm open to the idea i'm wrong.

Hell I hope I am.

I didn't hate apple jack before this episode.  It's highly likely i am wrong.

Might be.

I'm open to the idea i'm wrong.

Hell I hope I am.

I didn't hate apple jack before this episode.  It's highly likely i am wrong.

Okay, maybe we're finally getting somewhere. But honestly, what do you expect us to do to change your mind?

I don't want to be offensive but discussions with you are really hard. Maybe it's the way you write. Or the fact, that you don't really care that you can hurt others feelings. Please, think about it, because I'm not the only one who feel this way.

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

Your english is fine stop apoligizing.

Your right they totally didn't say it was apple jack.  And digi said he didn't want to see people throw out his opinion repeated.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I offered my theory on why the episode was bad.  Something that totally wouldn't have come out of digi's mouth.  (i think apple jack is his favorite, and no i didn't come to that conclusion just despite him).

You mentioned why i never say anything posetive.

I mentioned posetive things,

and now when i reply you call it off topic.  Make up your mind.

the subject is "I think i hate apple jack."

and mostly everyone  with a complete lack of empathy (something digi has often accused bronys of having)

didn't try to see why.

Its why some fans have a hate boner for rainbow dash.  they simply don't understand the character,

something I admit I didn't.

I thought at first she was just a douche.  (i mean she is that, but there's far more to her than just that).

Yes, but you didn't start to create topics about how awesome Pinkie or Rarity were in this episode. You don't even know what exactly is your problem with this episode. What it has in common with the fact that you hate Applejack? Digi and Tommy Olived didn't say that their problem was with Applejack, they simply stated that something was off, while they couldn't really place it. 

We don't write about you mentioning what was good about other characters, because it isn't the subject of this topic. The subject is that you hate Applejack, while you can't really explain why you hate her and you don't discuss with us, because almost every our statement stays without answer. Honestly, in my opinion this topic is pointless, because discussion with you is really hard and full of negative emotions. 

ps sorry for my english

Okay, maybe we're finally getting somewhere. But honestly, what do you expect us to do to change your mind?

I don't want to seem offensive but discussions with you are really hard. Maybe it's the way you write. Or the fact, that you don't really care that you can hurt others feelings. Please, think about it, because I'm not the only one who feel this way.

If i didn't care, I would said 

"apple jack is a (censored, numerous unrelated slurs, and what have you going on about this that and the other that have nothing to do with bats).

Snow ball some ideas at some different directions the show might take apple jack in?

GIVE ME HOPE.

"maybe we'll have more pairing with apple jack and another character that will give her a fun dynmic."

like rarity and apple jack...
JESUS CHRIST See I love that pairing on the show.

I concede ^^ well argued sir.  I like seeing apple jack butt heads with rarity.

THAT's it.. the conflict between flutter shy and apple jack wasn't fun.
it wasn't apple jack.

BRo hoof sir.

Edited by FNGRpony

The problem isn't that you compeletely don't mention about positives, don't get me wrong here. It's just the impression that you focus too much on negatives instead of really enjoying the show.

• Brohoof 1

Well, a lot of people seem to think that it's imposibble to develop Applejack's character, while I can't agree with that statement. Her relationships with characters like Rarity or Rainbow Dash are pretty dynamic and with a good plot, writers could make a really good episode. There're also Applejack's hospitality and a lot of her other attributes . For example, imagine an episode, in which someone takes adventage of her hospitality. You remember how she treated Twilight when she came to Ponyville? She was really open and from the very first moment they met she treated her as a part of family. That's a really great side of her character, but there's a lot of people who could take adventage of that and it could be really interesting lesson.

Edited by Anilewe