Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just Realized Something About S3E013

ZomBrony

Maybe this should go in Episode Discussion but I figured I'd post it here instead  because this isn't directly about the episode... And I think discussion could get kind of mature just as a heads up. It's also silly but I still want to know what everypony thinks.

I was just listening to Morning in Ponyville and something occurred to me. Sure, Rarity controlling the weather is kind of obvious but not necessarily a dead giveaway, so what I thought is, to be sure something is wrong, Twilight would have to notice that Rarity's cutie mark is wrong and she addressed that immediately meaning that she would have to be looking at her flank right away. Why do you think that's the first place Twilight would look?

Hate on me all you want for this question, I know it's ridiculous.

• Brohoof 5

Given how familiar Twilight is with Rarity, I would think a change in cutie mark would stand out like a friend having a bandage on their hand. It's something your eye is drawn to because it's out-of-place and doesn't seem to belong.

But that might be just me.

Silly filly, it was rainbow on white, how do you think that looks? Not as jumping as red on white (Sorry had to make the PW:T&T reference), but still.

Are you accusing Twilight of being a pervert >:0? Lol. Well.. wouldn't that be the first place to look since it appears Rarity's "special talent" appears to have transformed into weather control?

When we're used to how someone looks, we notice when they look different than normal. Like when someone gets glasses or gets a new haircut. It's something we're not used to seeing on/about that person, so we're drawn to those things. So it's not unreasonable to think that the changed cutie mark was the first thing that caught Twilight's eye.

• Brohoof 2

it could be that ponies don't have the same capacity for facial recognition that we do. if they do, it could be that ponies at a distance pretty much look alike with the exception of their mane and colors. they probably use cutie marks to identify others since that would probably be the most identifiable aspect of the pony since that's unique to the pony and the colors used could be in any combination or used on other ponies as well.

in the case of that scene, since twilight is already familiar with rarity, the fact that she had dash's cutie mark would stand out as much as the fact that she was doing weather stuff

• Brohoof 1

Well Rarity sort of turned her flank towards her, didn't look like it was on purpose.

Cause honestly, I don't think the writers of a show that has such a young audience would add such a reference.  ^_^

I think with how Twilight has never seen cutie marks switched before, you could say that it was something that she didn't expect to see so she had to take a second glance just to be sure.