Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think Cadance Is OP?

Castle Bleck

No I do not think she is overpowered, villains lose in the show so no one can't exactly say that Cadence is overpowered in any way. If she was overpowered, she wouldn't be able to show weakness and she couldn't be harmed by any obstacle thrown at her.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 4

Um... No not really... I mean she clearly showed weakness since chrysalis was able to imprison her... And she was made weak by holding up the shield over the Crystal empire... So no I'd say she's as evenly powered as any alicorn princess should be

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This is the OP:

Get yer facts straight, son.

(No, not at all; she worked with others each time, remember?)

I don't actually think she is, btw; I just thought I'd ask, since the above-mentioned kind of stuff tends to get at least some fans to shout, "OP!"

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

First Chrysalis, then Sombra, and now Discord have each gotten directly/indirectly owned by her at some point.

Chrysalis was beaten also because she lost her control over Shining armor, whom she was sucking energy from (and commented it was why she was able to take down Celestia), which left her weakened so Cadence could cast her out.

Sombra was actually defeated by the crystal ponies and the crystal heart, not really cadence. Cadence just held him back at first.

And I haven't seen the latest yet, so no comment there.

• Brohoof 1

Im shocked no one has mentioned probably the easiest and obvious reason Cadence is so powerful.. Shes Princess Celestia's niece, and Cadence even said that Celestia taught her that anti germ bubble.. so there's no telling what other things Celestia taught Cadence before Twilight came along

Not in the slightest.

Cadence is most definitely a flawed pony. She was easily overtaken by Chrysallis, weakened GREATLY by Sombra, and... was just there with Discord around.

Not to mention, every time she beat a threat, she was always supported by somepony(ies). She never once handled anything on her own.

You aren't OP if you need help and aren't even the primary problem-solver.

• Brohoof 1

Shes Princess Celestia's niece

:okiedokielokie:

ADOPTED niece.. They aren't actually related.  :blink:

Prince Blue Blood  has a better lineage. ;)

Edited by GrimCW

:okiedokielokie:

ADOPTED niece.. They aren't actually related.  :blink:

Prince Blue Blood  has a better lineage. ;)

regardless if shes blood or not, shes still very close to Celestia :P

regardless if shes blood or not, shes still very close to Celestia :P

In a way yes :P

But that puts her pretty much par with Twilight if anything. Except she's had longer training (maybe...)

As one of my favorites, I do not believe she is OP.

On a different and yet similar note.

World of Tankers will understand ;) 

img-2241553-1-SerB_zps25ae12cb.png

Edited by Sergei

Well, my dislike for Cadance makes me want to say that yes, she is overpowered, but I won't let that get in the way. If it wasn't for Shining Armor, or the crystal ponies, or Twilight, then Cadance wouldn't have been able to "own" those villains. It doesn't take too much to weaken her, either.

She seems rather underpowered, actually. I mean, she got her flank kicked at first by Chrysalis, wouldn't have been able to defeat Sombra without the Mane Six to help. I haven't seen the new episode so I can't say anything about her versus Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Chrysalis was owned by Cadence and Shining Armor's love, together. It was a force multiple times more potent than any power she individually possesses.

Sombra was not beaten by her. All she did was get thrown by her husband like a football, fly around the plaza, and throw the Crystal Heart back into its pedestal. The Crystal Heart then proceed to obliterate Sombra, itself.

Discord wasn't owned by her, unless I missed the scene where they kick-boxed :3

If anything, she's underpowered xD

• Brohoof 2

No I do not think she is overpowered, villains lose in the show so no one can't exactly say that Cadence is overpowered in any way. If she was overpowered, she wouldn't be able to show weakness and she couldn't be harmed by any obstacle thrown at her.

Also I'd like to add to this that first she was captured by Chrysalis. If she was overpowered Chrysalis would never be able to capture her due to obvious reasons.

Also I'd like to add to this that first she was captured by Chrysalis. If she was overpowered Chrysalis would never be able to capture her due to obvious reasons.

Exactly, I guess the question is what most people ask in the fandom.

As for the S2 Finale: Let me introduce a quote by Lao Tzu. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." That is how I see the plot of the S2 finale. The crystal heart killed Sombra, not her directly. Chrysalis was more powerful than CELESTIA! nobody could've stood a chance. Cadence wanted to help Discord because it's in her character as the Princess of Love to do so rather than saying something as bad as "B*** YOU! Take care of yourself while I spend time with Twilight!"

I won't ruin it for you, then.

Scout's honor.

Finally saw it and Gotta say.. there was no "defeat" of anyone there technically.

Discord was just looking for attn, and he was getting it. He felt empowered as such. Cadence did shoot him down (and clearly made him jealous) but she didn't really do anything other than make him feel less important.

Edited by GrimCW

Actually she seems to be pretty under-powered by Equestrian princess standards;

She was easily kidnapped and impersonated by Queen Chrysalis and was too weak to escape from the mines until Twilight showed up and she couldn't defeat the Queen or her army of Changelings without Shining Armor's aid with the combined magical power of their love.

The main conflict regarding the Crystal Empire was that without Shining Armor being able to use his magic, she was rapidly losing strength while trying to maintain the shield to protect the Empire and its citizens from Sombra's re-entry and it was only through Shining throwing her that she was able to lift off from the ground to fly and the magic of the Crystal Heart could Sombra have been obliterated.

In the newest episode, 

she was with Twilight the whole time-who actually needed to save her at one point.

I actually kind of feel sorry for her.