Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Survival: The new world.

Scribblegroove

No one would’ve thought that nature had a mind of its own. No one even dreamed that there was a force more powerful than the magic of the princesses. But when mother nature turns against you, there is nothing that can be done.

The advances in both magic and technology had made the world of equestrian greedy. The quest for knowledge and advancement had turned into a hunt for power and control. The ponies had turned against the planet instead of working alongside it. Forcing the most out of it without considering other life, or the environment. Corporations and Companies had caused major environmental disasters, and even though the princesses tried to stop them, the madness of the industrial world had already doomed everyone… Because magic in equestrian is not only for unicorns, the world had a power of its own.

First, Samuil Sharpeye, a scientist and environmentalist had found out about the magical and kinetic force that the world was building up against them. After countless equations he had predicted the outcome of it… Disaster… Globally, and he was already too late.

“The end is coming, and there is nothing we can do about it. Say your goodbyes, because the world is going to flush us out…”

This message had been spread around the globe by him. On the internet, on international television, on an emergency transmission radio station, everywhere. Ponies started to panic. The world was in chaos. Some were sceptical, and thought it was a lie, some believed it and either committed suicide or tried to do everything to prepare themselves. All of it was for not.

After several earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami’s, hurricanes and floods, civilization had been wrecked, but the world wasn’t done yet. Massive amounts of plagues, diseases and evil predator’s  started to evolve from the new ecology. Slowly the world had been rid of all modern life, and all signs of it as well. Except for one place.

During the era of diseases, a few doctors had noted that there were few who were immune to nearly all diseases nature would throw at them. These few were captured against will and experimented upon without hesitation. ‘To save ponykind’ they thought. Still, it was hopeless. The doctors, who died shortly after, had put the subjects into hibernation cells, to be opened once the world would be relatively safe again. These hibernation cells were placed in underground bunkers, all over equestrian. Every bunker held around 4 to 10 ‘immune’ ponies. These ‘Vaults’, as you might recall to them, were thus filled with the final bits of technology and civilization from the ponies. All outside these bunkers was reclaimed by nature.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
YOU are one of these few ponies. You were captured after surviving the era of the ‘attack’ (the earthquakes and such), and you remember mostly of what happened, for instance, you know that the world should’ve ended. However, you do not remember exactly when you were captured, and nothing of the time between when you were captured and now. When you wake up, the last thing you will remember are the moments right before you were captured, and it will feel like those moments happened yesterday (even though it could’ve been several years, maybe even ages…).

There is no real boundary to where this RP will be going... You can have a bit of romance (I would actually like to encourage 'naughty stuff', since you migth want to repopulate the whole world...), or a bit of action, sometimes adventure, but mostly survival. No one knows what is out there after such a long time with the world rid of civilization.

Rules:

1: standard rules... No godmodding, no OP oc's, mary sues...

2: I don't want any alicorn nonsense. No sir, it is out of the question. I prefer pony races as well, but if your gryphon/dragon is an exceptionally awesome character, I might let him in, but otherwise: Earth ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns...

3: I want some sort of commitment to this RP. I'm not asking you to sign a contract or anything, but please be active and post good-quality, properly lengthed post. Around 400 charcters is the ABSOLUTE minmum. Try to be descriptive, communicate with more than just one person and don't go spam 1on1 and forget about everyone else... (TEAMWORK, people)

4: As for the length of your post, I am also going to impose a minimum to posts per week, which is at least 2. Otherwise you are contributing too little to the RP and there should be made room for someome more motivated.

5: I'm pretty loose with all of the rules above. This might sound a bit contradictory, but if you talk to me we can always figure something out. Just try to use common sense. Is what I am doing contributing to the story AND EVERYONES fun... Stuff like that.

If you want to join, post your OC's link here. I will tell you if you are in or not.
Edited by Scribblegroove

OC Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cutaway-r5630

Current Age: 38

History after the Disaster: Cutaway, formerly a journalist and editor, is one of the "fortunate" ponies to survive after the Disaster. He was a member of the relatively large-sized Vault 78, which was recently built and is currently regulated by the psychologist Placebo and the scientist Alidade. It holds a relatively large amount of "Patients", as they were called, and has a max capacity of forty Patients, along with three hundred regulars.

Life in Vault 78 is mostly flat. All residents of Vault 78, including employees, have little contact with the outside world, save for communications with other Vaults and resource transportation. As a result, Vault 78 is its own little society in the wasteland.

Vault 78's residents are needed to work for the common good. Regardless of cutie mark and talent, each pony has a fixed job every part of the day. As a result, currency does not exist inside the Vault, let alone wages. Patients are established as equals to Employees, or former regulators of the Vaults.

Every pony's actions are monitored almost the entire day by the two Overseers, Placebo and Alidade, to ensure order and efficiency to keep the Vault running.

Vault 78 has a nearly circular shape, connected by two rectangular halls and a squared exit, which is usually kept locked to keep the Patients in and the Infected out. The Infected are hated and discriminated by the residents of Vault 78, seen as impure to the pony race.

Cutaway is a Patient, surviving after the hard hitting plague of the Disaster. He was found, alive and overall healthy, when he escaped from the city of Solstice Basin. He was taken, approximately four hundred kilometers away, to Vault 78, where he was checked and classified as a Patient.

Cutaway has lived in Vault 78 for seven years, working as the radio personality for the Vault. He has his differing beliefs from the Disaster, hoping to form a reunified Equestria, either by the branch or by blood and iron. He starts his plans for creating his new faction right in Vault 78...first by getting the population on his side.

OC Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cutaway-r5630

Current Age: 38

History after the Disaster: Cutaway, formerly a journalist and editor, is one of the "fortunate" ponies to survive after the Disaster. He was a member of the relatively large-sized Vault 78, which was recently built and is currently regulated by the psychologist Placebo and the scientist Alidade. It holds a relatively large amount of "Patients", as they were called, and has a max capacity of forty Patients, along with three hundred regulars.

Life in Vault 78 is mostly flat. All residents of Vault 78, including employees, have little contact with the outside world, save for communications with other Vaults and resource transportation. As a result, Vault 78 is its own little society in the wasteland.

Vault 78's residents are needed to work for the common good. Regardless of cutie mark and talent, each pony has a fixed job every part of the day. As a result, currency does not exist inside the Vault, let alone wages. Patients are established as equals to Employees, or former regulators of the Vaults.

Every pony's actions are monitored almost the entire day by the two Overseers, Placebo and Alidade, to ensure order and efficiency to keep the Vault running.

Vault 78 has a nearly circular shape, connected by two rectangular halls and a squared exit, which is usually kept locked to keep the Patients in and the Infected out. The Infected are hated and discriminated by the residents of Vault 78, seen as impure to the pony race.

Cutaway is a Patient, surviving after the hard hitting plague of the Disaster. He was found, alive and overall healthy, when he escaped from the city of Solstice Basin. He was taken, approximately four hundred kilometers away, to Vault 78, where he was checked and classified as a Patient.

Cutaway has lived in Vault 78 for seven years, working as the radio personality for the Vault. He has his differing beliefs from the Disaster, hoping to form a reunified Equestria, either by the branch or by blood and iron. He starts his plans for creating his new faction right in Vault 78...first by getting the population on his side.

I have to honest, your stort seems really good, but on the other hand it was not what I had in mind, since my story concludes with the Idea of everyone being in one vault, and also that they all remain in hibernation during the 'experimenting' period. I feel kinda bad but your story doesn't really fit... Though it wont prevent me from using your story though. It's pretty cool. I hope you still want to join this RP with the idea that you have been in a COMA since the day you were captured...

I have to honest, your stort seems really good, but on the other hand it was not what I had in mind, since my story concludes with the Idea of everyone being in one vault, and also that they all remain in hibernation during the 'experimenting' period. I feel kinda bad but your story doesn't really fit... Though it wont prevent me from using your story though. It's pretty cool. I hope you still want to join this RP with the idea that you have been in a COMA since the day you were captured...

Oh, I thought this was Fallout. :derp: I'm a big fan of the game.

The Vault 78 thing stays, however.

@@Demirari, @@Thepumpkinking, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan, @

Demirari, you are in as well, very interesting character. Simple, but something wonderful to build on! I like it :3

Everyone else, the RP thread is going to go up soon, so I would like to know if all of you are ready! Please reply so I know if I can launch the RP.

P.S. I live in the netherlands, so if you're from america, I will have to stay up till 2 a.m to GM for you, but eventually I will ACTUALLY have to sleep (weird, I know...), so don't be mad if I don't reply to you when it is evening for you, as it will be late at night for me, perhaps even morning... 

I'm ready whenever it is. I post as much as I can that won't damage my performance in school. So 10 hours of able posting unless something happens.

Also, simplicity? That's my motto. Simple. Keep it simple, short, and easy.

Good day!

@@Demirari, @@Thepumpkinking, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan, @

Demirari, you are in as well, very interesting character. Simple, but something wonderful to build on! I like it :3

Everyone else, the RP thread is going to go up soon, so I would like to know if all of you are ready! Please reply so I know if I can launch the RP.

P.S. I live in the netherlands, so if you're from america, I will have to stay up till 2 a.m to GM for you, but eventually I will ACTUALLY have to sleep (weird, I know...), so don't be mad if I don't reply to you when it is evening for you, as it will be late at night for me, perhaps even morning...

I'm ready as I'll ever be lol

Hey Scribblegroove, did not realize you had a knack at designing RPs. The storyline seems very interesting and I couldn't help but throw out an application. I would like to apply with my OC Golden Shield (who is pretty much the exact opposite of Granite Wing). Let me know what you think. I am very open to alterations/suggestions. 

One other thing; when the RP is up, could you please link it in the OOC and maybe do some mentions? Just cuz sometimes I'm not online when an RP starts and I find it quite unmannerly when people don't bother to let me know so by the time I find out that it's started, I'm way behind. :(

(edited)

Hey Scribblegroove, did not realize you had a knack at designing RPs. The storyline seems very interesting and I couldn't help but throw out an application. I would like to apply with my OC Golden Shield (who is pretty much the exact opposite of Granite Wing). Let me know what you think. I am very open to alterations/suggestions.

Your background left me flabbergasted! You're definately in!

@@Demirari @@Thepumpkinking @

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan, @, @

http://mlpforums.com/topic/87418-survival-the-new-world-rp/?p=2281800#entry2281800

Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 2

Your background left me flabbergasted! You're definately in!

@@Demirari @@Thepumpkinking @

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan, @, @

http://mlpforums.com/topic/87418-survival-the-new-world-rp/?p=2281800#entry2281800

Wow, I am flattered, thank you. To be honest it was just something I thought up on the spot. Golden Shield is one of my favourite OCs that I have made (as you have probably guessed by my username), and I just heavily modified him to fit into this RP.  I might actually even write a fanfic about him at one point if I work myself up to it. I already have the storyline and background characters and everything thought of. If you are at all interested, his character is largely inspired by the poet Wordsworth. I don't really like his poetry to be honest, but he has a couple interesting views on poetry and life that I thought would be cool to base an OC on. 

I will be hammering out my first post in a little bit.

Edit: sorry this is a little bit of a nitpick, but Scribblegroove, would you mind placing a link to the RP thread at the top of your original post? I have just finished my first post, did I overdo Golden Shield's strange philosophical/poetic side a bit?

Edited by Golden Shield

I will do that soon! I promise :3

I would like everyone to keep in mind that I wont tolerate 'going easy' on holding things and doing this that are considered human. You are a pony, and your movements are restricted like one. Therefore, any equipment that you would normally have to hold in you hand has now been adjusted so that you can either hold it with magic (thus becoming a far more simple object, because you wouldn't need anything to take hold on), or it becomes back/shoulder mounted (so that pegasi can interact with the object usint their wings, and both earth ponies and pegasi can reach it with their mouths.

For instance, a gun would be attached to a saddle and then designed to be mounted over the shoulder so that you can aim with it, and the trigger has to be activated with either wings or something that can be activated using hoof or mouth. Be creative with this. Restrictions can encourage creativity just as much as freedom!