Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Survival: The new world (RP)

Scribblegroove

@@Demirari, @@Thepumpkinking, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan, @, @

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/87206-survival-the-new-world/

The eight beings in the hibernation pods awoke. The pods bluntly opened, and the water that the equines had been floating in for an unspecified period of time came pouring out together with the ponies themselves. They were brutally waked by falling onto the grate that surrounded every hibernation pod. The water flew through it, but the substantially more solid ponies obviously did not. First, they were blind and deaf. There were no lights, only a few small dots on the walls and the pods themselves, blinking and shifting colours.

Then, with a humming noise of machinery being started up, the lights gradually came on, as if it was made not to blind the ponies when they opened their eyes. The room was now visible, and it was like an iron prison surrounding them:

(Something like this, only 8 pods and no computers in the middle but life sustaining machinery http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081226095133/fallout/images/b/b3/Vault_112_TQ.jpeg)

From the middle of the room, a little tune started to play through 2 crude speakers, with cracking noises and terrible quality. It was the equestrian anthem. It softly built up in volume. Then, over the song, a recorded voice started to play.

“Greetings, heroes of equestrian. This is Omnine corporations vice president speaking. We abide you not to panic and listen to this message, for this will contain very important information that you will need to understand what has happened to you.”

A short pause interrupted the voice, then the same message repeated. After another short pause, the stallion continued his speech.

“First of all, we would like to apologise for any inconveniences on your person. As you all should remember, the world has been struck by disaster, and there was no hope for our race to survive! This called for desperate measures. You few have been selected of all the people to participate in Omine corp.’s project to attempt to give our race a second chance.”

Another short pause made sure that the listeners could process this complicated information. Then it repeated itself again. After that it continued.

“This project involves the ‘eight’ of you in this vault, and your special qualities. After, to our despise, capturing you against your will and experimenting extensively on your person, we have concluded that you are the most viable to survive in ‘the new world’.”

The calming voice of the stallion speaking was attempting to soothe any panic that the subjects might undergo at the time. After repeating this part of the message again, he continued.

“We are happy to inform you that the life vitals of all ‘eight’ of you are stable, and seem to be in a healthy state. Please refrain from giving in to your emotions after this message is concluded. It is of vital importance that you keep your head clear. The following part of the message may be very disturbing, but is also very important, so pay attention please.”

Another short pause, another repetition, and then it continued.

“Everyone you may have known has died. It is even likely that you few are the last of our race to roam the earth. There are a few other vaults similar to this one, and it is your duty to the race to try to find these vaults, and connect with the other groups of survivors. If you look to the northern wall of the room, you will find equipment and supplies to survive. On the southern wall there is a control room in which you may examine the statistics on energy levels and any dangers that may threat your person. The east wall has a beds for the ‘eight’ of you to sleep in. The western wall leads to an elevator to the surface. The fate of our race is in your hands… This message has been pre-recorded.”

The anthem concluded, and the radio went silent. All there was left was the humming of the machinery.

(I suggest you'd investigate the vault first...)

Edited by Scribblegroove

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short circuit felt drained of his electrical energy...but most of all he felt dizzy and nauseous. His head pounded, and the recorded message didn't help at all. Once the message was over he started gag and vomit through the floor. His body wasn't used to the hibernation bods. He sat down regaining his thoughts, and trying to pull himself back together. And eventually the memories came back to him, the images of what the earth beyond this vault cane to him. He remembered the pain and suffering he watched. And the torture he put his body through just to survive and live to breathe another day. He needed a power source to feel alive again....

Gentle Secret opened her eyes slowly as the voice disappeared. She certainly did hear what the voice had said, and it was true. All of her friends and family were gone. Yet she did not weep at that. Trying to move her eyes around, she weakly noted the room, then she closed her eyes for a second, wanting for a few moments of thoughts. Then she tried to get up, being weak and pained by the thoughts. She fell down with a thump, then one more. Managing to get a weak but stable posture, she looked around. It probably wouldn't do her any good to move right now, but she'll check the supplies as soon as possible.

Diego fell on the grating with a thud. His head throbbed with pain, and at first he thought he was just waking up after a heavy night on the town. Then, as the recorded voice began to explain what had happened, he sat up and looked about. Tho the stallion on the recording obviously thought that his voice would have a soothing register, it had the opposite effect on Diego. Kidnapped! Experimented on like a rat! His eyes blazed with fury as he staggered to his hooves.

"They're lucky they're dead," he raged. "Otherwise, they'd pay for doing this to me!"

The fact that all his family were dead didn't really bother Diego. His father had left before he was born and his mother had cared more about hitting the bars and gambling than she had about her son. He hadn't really had any friends, due to most ponies giving him a wide berth cuz of his talent for chaos magic.

After some time. His eyes adjusted, and so did his body to the temperature of the room. He got up shakily, his muscles screamed as he tried to use them to stand him upright, it took him a second to stand. But once he did he felt much better to stretch his legs. He walked around, trying to avoid some of the other ponies attention. He felt a little off balance as he trotted around.

He soon made his way to the wall with the supplies & equipment for 'survival' like the recording said. Looking at the assorted tech and objects he picked up a battery cell. The cell was super charged. Five hundred thousand volts of energy was held in it. He picked up four and grabbed the solar powered bags and put the batteries in the bags. Then hung it on his back.

He held a battery cell in his hoof "let's see if I still got it" with that, he closed his eyes and electricity came from the negative and positive outputs on the cell, into his hoof. It took a second, but he completely drained it... He shook his head, feeling a rush. "Whoa...it feels like forever since that's happened.." He put the empty battery in his bag, he could charge it for later use.

(edited)

(http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/neuro-and-lon-r5637 my OC: DOES NOT HAVE GM-like powers, he just knows alot. Ignore backstory, only the appearance and the personality matters. Also ignore Lon entirely, this is just Neuro.)

Neuro fell on the floor face first, and his horn got stuck in the grate for a second. When he got up, he screamed immeadiately: "YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THIS! MY FATHER WI-" Then he suddendly went silent. He realised he was somewhere completely different then where he was before. Just a moment ago, he was struggling against his kidnappers, and the moment after that he was here... "Oh god maybe they have..." He whispered timidly. His ears flattened to his head. He felt really lonely. This feeling was quite swiftly blown away as he heard other's thump on the ground and make noises as well. He slowly tried to get up, but his head was resonating with pain. He groaned, and eventually managed to get on four hooves.

He looked around and saw Short Circuit move. "Quick to act, unpredictable and unthoughtful of consequences." He thought as he observed him. The second thing he noticed were the other ponies who were desperately trying to keep themselves standing. "Traumatic experiances should be kept in mind when interacting with these individuals..." He thought as he saw the pain in their faces. He on the other hand was perfectly calm, cold really, and followed Short Circuit to the supply room. When he stood on that one side of the room, he looked back. He saw the other 6 ponies still trying to figure out what happened. He reckoned he'd let them to themselves for a while. He went into the supply room and instantly looked for the thing he knew that would be there, and where he had to find it. He ignored the yellow stallion who seemed to try to electrocute himself and used his magic to grab a peculiar, cylinder shaped device. He knew what it did, but the other's didn't. Then he quickly went back to the main room and waited in front of the main door leading to the exit.

There was a big logo on the front door. It was exactly the same as his cutie mark, and the large name 'Omnine corp' stood right beneath it. He was quickly thinking of a way to explain everything to the other survivors as soon as they had come to their senses. He remained silent and watched.

Edited by Scribblegroove

Golden Shield's thoughts where hazy. It was as if he where thinking of nothing while the greatest answers where just in front of him. He just could not move his hoof to reach them. It was a blissful trance that gave Golden Shield  a constant sense of direction and purpose, even though he accomplished nothing.

He was drawn from the dusk of his chemically induced slumber by movement, and then the painfully brash kiss of a hard metal surface. His muscles ached and his mind felt slow and sluggish. He laid on the metal grating and tried to gather himself. He felt himself slowly growing stronger as a pony's voice echoed through the room. Golden Shield tried to make himself pay attention, but the words where so boring and his own thoughts where so inviting. 

When he was strong enough to move his head, he glanced around the room. He saw electrical equipment, cold and foreboding walls, a few other ponies and tons of confounded equipment. Golden Shield's thoughts where slowly growing more tangible.

"These very walls that block my body in, suppress the nomadic soul of my wayward thoughts. It as if I am a sloth scrambling  upon the rough bark of a tree. Alas, what a cruel circle life is. To emerge from the imprisonment of another's whim into the blissful harmony of deeper thought; to only return to the beginning. Have I accomplished anything, or is it simply a vain endeavour to learn anything in a world ruled by entropy?"   

@@Pripyat Pony

The voice of another pony broke Golden Shield's thoughts. 

"They're lucky they're dead," he raged. "Otherwise, they'd pay for doing this to me!"

Golden Shield forced his aching muscles to pull himself into a sitting position. He was puzzled by the odd statement. "Why would anypony be lucky that they are dead, or pay to be alive? Or pay to be alive when they are lucky to be dead? For Death is the grandest reward and the most cruel punishment. To have eternity for nothing but thought, but to have no manner to communicate the genius discovered from within. Besides, It is only a matter of time until The Grim takes you."

He glanced around the room once more. Golden Shield was slowly recovering. He receded back into the comfort of his own thoughts.  

Gentle Secret took a few steps, looking around the room and ponies. She took small careful steps, still quite exhausted and tired from thinking of the lost of companions and families. Maybe she should move to the supply area. Yeah, that would be best as she moved, slowly of course.

Breathing in slowly, she looked around, the ponies nearby, exhausted to even bother speaking. She needed some general supplies and maybe a saber or rapier of some kind. Then the supplies to build shelter and other things. Gentle Secret tiredly looked around, noticing some saddlebags. Those would be useful she noted as she approached the saddlebags, trying to mind her weak steps.

Diego staggered towards the other ponies he could see inside the room. He wasn't one for working with others, but he realised that he would have to, at least for a time, if they were to get out of this place.

"We need to leave here, as soon as we can," he said to them, generally. "I don't care what's out there, it's got to be better than what's in here."

Diego was at least glad that none of these ponies were ones he recognised, and therefore would not be the ones who'd shunned him before his kidnap. But he was determined to get out, one way or another. He ignored the pangs of hunger which assailed him in order to focus on his main objective. Diego hated being locked inside a cage, whether it be bars or steel walls, and he planned to blow a hole in the wall if need be.

Gentle Secret slowly placed the items she deemed useful in the saddlebags. She even took a few notebooks and other items that were useful. She tried to mirror what she usually carried before getting kidnapped, adding in a hand axe, a small knife. Then she's going to need a weapon of some kind, a rapier. Good. Inspecting it, it was useful for now.

Then her ears perked a bit, she turned around, mildly noting a stallion speaking. Still a bit tired, she tried to focus on what the stallion was saying. Getting out of here? Yeah, that was the best course of action… or not. The world is different from what she heard, then she decided to voice her opinion, "How can you be sure?"

Short circuit felt his cells acting as batteries, holding the volts of electricity. It was a gift the Pegasus had since birth, each time he pushed his limit of power. The more he could handle. Though it had it's pro's and cons. He could manipulate it to change polarity of his own body, or anything else in that matter. He could also use it to vanquish threats if need be. But he needed to keep supplying himself with energy everytime he used, it was like an addiction. None of the energy gets used unless he emits it, or uses it manually. If he didn't call on it, the energy itself would stay stored till he calls on it again. It also made him allergic to water, if a mass amount of electricity was in his body making it painful to touch anything with water in it. Even if he needed to drink, he would have to drain himself before taking a sip.

He grabbed some rations of food, a combat knife, thread and needle, and some bandages. Once he felt ready, he walked out to the main room. He looked at the pony who was standing by the exit...at least that's what he guessed it to be. He stood quietly as he watched the ponies struggle around. "Why is it my job....I didn't ask for this nor did I get anything good from it...." He thought to himself as a displeased expression was shown.

@@Demirari, Diego heard a mare speaking to him, he swung around and faced her. "Cuz it's always better to die free than live in a cage," he replied. "Besides, whatever you and the others decide, I'm out of here. If there's no actual way out, well then, I'll just make one. Chaos magic has no limits."

@@Pripyat Pony

"We're not leaving perfectly safe shelter with food and energy for months to come behind just because you are claustrophobic." Neuro said to the strange looking pony with the patches. "Claustrophobic, reckless and apparantly capable of wielding the power of chaos..." He though, analysing him in his mind, taking notes, planning and scheming like he always is.

@@Thepumpkinking

"And this is not your JOB, it's your fate. It's everyponies fate. You should keep in mind that our entire race has put their trust in you." He said, lecturing him. "No sense of racial pride or responsibility, has trouble dealing with self pity..." He thought, yet again taking notes. "We need to make a plan..." 

@@Scribblegroove, Diego rolled his eyes. "Who died and put you in charge?" he replied, moments before realising what he'd just said. He then started laughing hysterically.

"Yeah, that's right; everypony died! Everypony is dead, cept the ones in here! What kind of idiot even thought of choosing somepony like me to represent the future of ponykind?" Diego exclaimed in between bursts of laughter.

@@Pripyat Pony

"We're not leaving perfectly safe shelter with food and energy for months to come behind just because you are claustrophobic." Neuro said to the strange looking pony with the patches. "Claustrophobic, reckless and apparantly capable of wielding the power of chaos..." He though, analysing him in his mind, taking notes, planning and scheming like he always is.

@@Thepumpkinking

"And this is not your JOB, it's your fate. It's everyponies fate. You should keep in mind that our entire race has put their trust in you." He said, lecturing him. "No sense of racial pride or responsibility, has trouble dealing with self pity..." He thought, yet again taking notes. "We need to make a plan..."

"Who said I wanted to be in this stupid science project. I was forced to be here, don't I have the right to choose what I want? Not sit here and do what some fucking recorded message said, hell he's dead, so what authority does he have now?" He said getting on the offensive side. "I don't give a good god damn if the pony race dies, the only thing I care about is me. I've seen enough to know that whatever they had coming, they deserved it, stupid technology, stupid science. All their fault." He explained. With that he huffed and leaned back against the wall.

(If anyone has a problem with the cursing let me know and I'll fix it :) it fits my oc's personality)

Edited by Thepumpkinking

@@Pripyat Pony, @

Neuro didn't get distracted from his cause by these two rebellish idiots. In his opinion, they were right about one thing. They definately WEREN'T the ones who should've been chosen. "So what are you going to do now? Commit suicide? Blow yourself out of here and kill all of us, perhaps the last of ponykind? Even if you only care about yourself, all you have now is the rest of us, your own life and the promise that there MIGHT be more ponies out there. If you want to kill yourself, fine, but not whilst harming the rest of us, or putting us in danger." He did agree with them on one point. He didn't choose to be here. But he'e best do with what he had...

@

@@Demirari

He looked at the other's who had came to senses and regained consciousness. "What do you two think? Should we kill ourselves or should we stay safe in here..." He said cynically. He was not one to give up quickly.

@@Scribblegroove

Gentle Secret finished with her packing. Enough for a pony and maybe three, but two at maximum. Then other things such as sheets of paper designed for calligraphy and cartography. After checking the weight via weight spell, she concluded that she would be able to carry it in a hour or two.
Then she responded to the stallion's question, "Best to gather our strength and scout the outside area a bit," Gentle Secret responded calmly. They could use the two imbeciles as canon-fodder for that. Especially the selfish one.

Edited by Demirari

@@Scribblegroove, "Who's to say that we're safe in here, anyway?" Diego said, after calming himself down a bit. He was beginning to realise that his original plan of blasting out the wall was probably not the best one. "We don't know what's out there, and we won't unless we find out. I guess I could make a viewing window in the wall, rather than destroying it. That would help."

@@Demirari,

Diego looked at the mare, and didn't think much of her. He was sure that she was discounting him, like many ponies had done before, and he choked down his rage. It wouldn't do any good, anyway. Diego thought back to the village that he'd decimated before, when his rages had gotten the better of him. That hadn't done anypony good, not least himself. His marefriend had fled to the griffon world and he'd been left all alone. Diego sighed heavily and looked down at the floor.

@@Pripyat Pony, @

Neuro didn't get distracted from his cause by these two rebellish idiots. In his opinion, they were right about one thing. They definately WEREN'T the ones who should've been chosen. "So what are you going to do now? Commit suicide? Blow yourself out of here and kill all of us, perhaps the last of ponykind? Even if you only care about yourself, all you have now is the rest of us, your own life and the promise that there MIGHT be more ponies out there. If you want to kill yourself, fine, but not whilst harming the rest of us, or putting us in danger." He did agree with them on one point. He didn't choose to be here. But he'e best do with what he had...

@

@@Demirari

He looked at the other's who had came to senses and regained consciousness. "What do you two think? Should we kill ourselves or should we stay safe in here..." He said cynically. He was not one to give up quickly.

"I never said I'd kill myself. But I never agreed on helping" he said quietly. He was also stumped by the stallions remark. He sighed heavily "ok "boss" what's going to happen?" He asked. He wanted to give his opinion on what to do, but he didn't want to deal with the argument afterwards.

Edited by Thepumpkinking

(sorry I'm late didn't realise the rp was up sorry)

Josh woke up on the floor and panicked at first trying to remember where he was. When he failed upon the he lay where he had fallen in silence until after the recorded message had played "this sounds pointless" he sighed and listened to others around him talk about what they should do and tried to stay quiet and out of the way as he looked around the area they were in. He slowly got up and headed towards the northern end if the hall to look at the supplies and think about what he had just been told.

(is this an OK start?)

Edited by Guest

Golden Shield was lost in the furthest corner of his mind when a voice broke his concentration. 

@=@Scribblegroove

Golden Shield thought for a moment, and then waited for a break in the ceaseless banter occurring around him. He then replied, "how curious, I was just pondering the benefits and repercussions of death. It would be best to wait for death to come to us, rather than seek it for ourselves. After all, those who seek power are often destroyed by it." 

He forced himself to stand up and then slowly, and a little shakily, he walked towards the pale pony. As he did so he took a moment to look around the room. Oddly, it all looked similar while he was walking than when he was sitting. Then he noticed A large door with a strange symbol on it. "Fascinating, I wonder what the meaning of that icon is."

Golden Shield then resumed his statement. "Although the answer does depend on where is here. This metal cage so neatly severs us from the entropy of the world. Which has grown ever more violent as of late. I do not know the purpose of these nicknacks here, but I can tell you that they will not bring you answers. Those are only found out there, in the deep harmony of uninterrupted thought. This place lends short term safety from elements, however..." his voice trailed off as he drew close to the pale pony. His cutie mark was the same as the strange icon on the door.

He quickly glanced back at the door. He was close enough now to read the writing on it. The large letters spelled out: Omnine Corp. Golden Shield then turned back to the pale pony and stared directly at his cutie mark. "Now tell me, what is you affiliation with this supposed Omnine Corporation?" 

Edited by Golden Shield

Cutaway remembered nothing during his stage of slumber. When he finally awoke, Cutaway was blinded by the light, his ears ringing violently and his body feeling numb from the years he was placed into the pod.

He did remember what happened before. The Disaster. Somehow he was still alive after the unfortunate event. Cutaway's father was already killed before he was taken into the vault from a collapsing building during an earthquake; he didn't know what happened to his mother, or his friends for that fact.

When he regained his sense, he first heard and saw a groups of ponies arguing each other. What a nice way to welcome me, Cutaway thought. At least his brain was functioning normally.

He glanced at the metal wall opposite to him. Vault 65 , it read in bold yellow letters. The whole place looked rusty and faded however; just how long have they been sleeping? Cutaway blinked. This was new. When one of the stallions spoke up, he added it along. At first, his words started off a bit slurred, but eventually managed to fluently say his point. "It looks like this place is aged anyway. It's not going to be a settlement for long. We have to head out."

Edited by Suri the Superior

Neuro raised the cylinder shaped thing he was holding with his magic. He looked at golden shield. "Quick of reasoning, silver tounged and seems to lose track of himself and his surroundings from time to time." Neuro frowned. "I'd rather not..." He said to him. Then he turned to the others. "We may not know what is out there, but we don't know what is in here either. I believe there is more than just food, saddlebags and trivial weaponry. In fact, I already found something!" He said as he raised the cylinder. "This is an advanced flaregun I believe. Perhaps there are more of these? We shouldn't immediately leave this relatively safe haven." He said.

Josh stared at the supplies and carefully picked what he would need in his head. He shut his eyes to think and forced through a pounding headache thoughts of what has happened before this. The last thing he remembered was being grabbed and then darkness. He could not remember who had grabbed him nor could he remember why. He had not seen his parents in years but was a little saddened after thinking over that they were possibly dead. Josh kept his eyes shut and listened to the general conversation around him until the worst of the headache had cleared. He then got up and walked to the edge of the group of ponies to listen to what their plan was. Josh has decided that sticking with a group would be a good idea until he knew what he was going to have to deal with.

"We shouldn't, considering that we don't even know what the world will be like and how it would act," Gentle Secret agreed with what the stallion had said, glancing at the cylinder. Then she spoke, "That is why I propose that we send some ponies to act as scouts to the upper land to detail in as much as they can and come back to give us information." Standard rules when investigating new lands, and this would be the perfect situation to apply that. After all, what kind of vegetation or predators would be lurking up there?