Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Survival: The new world (RP)

Scribblegroove

@@Thepumpkinking, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Josh Riordan

The beast screeched, and the supersonic power of it had something strange within it. The screeching echoed through everyponies heads, and it numbed their senses and thoughts. The beast, blinded by Diego's magic, then flew off back into the forest, leaving his underestimated prey in a state of confusion.

Neuro, who had been dropped on the ground, had sprained his leg by the fall. As he tried to look up and see what had happened, the screech suddendly hit him as if he had a concussion. First, as sharp pain rang through his ears, and that pain spread to his head. Then he was deafened, everything was muffled, and his vision was blurred. He couldn't think of anything but trying to get away from the monster. He crawled his way towards Diego, and only then realised that the beast had gone away. He tried to process everything what had happened, but he couldn't get his mind straight. He couldn't think properly. "That beast must've..." He started a thought process, but it was interrupted because of his confusion. He looked up and Diego and could only think of one thing to say. "Thanks..." He left it to the others to decide what to do next... He just lied his head down on the grond and tried to focus a bit, and drive the headaches away.

Short circuit, kneeling on the ground holding his head, gritted his teeth in pain. It was excruciatingly painful. His ears ringed, and his balance felt off, and his vision blurred. He tried to fight his body from shutting down from the sudden blast of intense pain. It took him a good couple of minutes to fight it off....but he did it. He looked up to the pony who was obviously trying to help Neuro. He got up, feeling as if he could puke. "I could...s-shock him with some juice...should jump the cells in his body to quicken the healing factor...." He explain drousily. Edited by Thepumpkinking

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walls rose up around Golden Shield. They were made of a grey metal, wrapped in black wires. Red and Green lights flashed along the walls in a nonsensical pattern. Golden Shield looked down, there was no floor beneath his hoofs. He looked up, there was no ceiling, only darkness. There was only a single corridor, illuminated by the eradicate flashing of various lights. He walked until he came across a small circular room. There where eight different hallways spanning out in different direction, each identical to each other. "A hedge maze?"

"If I am doing this, I am doing it right." He took the hallway directly to his right. It may be the longest route, but he was going to explore everything until he reached whatever he needed to reach. Golden Shield walked further and further, there was no end to the mechanical maze. And it was always the same. A hallway extending an immeasurable distance, followed by a circular room with eight different hallways attached.

Golden Shield walked for what seemed like days, oddly he was neither hungry nor tired. After one hallway, no different than the others, instead of a circular room, he entered a large rectangular theatre. Pillars of marble rose from the darkness on either side of Granite Shield, forming a single path. He walked along this path, and eventually saw something that disturbed him deeply.

A large heart constructed of red metal, wrapped thickly in black wires. It was encased in static red lights. It convulsed systematically. Boom, boom.... Boom, boom. The sound almost deafened Golden Shield as if it were suddenly amplified a thousand fold. He looked around the room, the wires contracted and the walls swayed in sympathy with the beat of the mechanical heart. "The heart... the heart of technology."

Golden Shield lifted a hoof to touch the mysterious contraption. As soon he touched the cool surface, the heart ruptured, releasing a torrent of black ooze into his face. The force of the liquid sent Golden Shield sprawling. The pillars started crumbling, sending large chunks of marble crashing into the floor with large resonating thuds. The walls started to lean, and then they collapsed. About to be crushed under metal and wire, the world faded to blackness around Golden Shield.

He felt movement? It felt so distant.  

Emerald Gaze.

@,

@@Demirari,

@@Scribblegroove,

"Just here should be fine..."

Emerald breathed a sigh of relief - releasing her own spell as Golden Shield was placed gently on the ground - safely away from anything the looked potentially dangerous.

With the majority of her memories recovering, she took a moment to analyse the room more fully in search of clues to why she was there, but nothing came to mind. If what the other pony had said was true, then she had either been saved or imprisoned. Depending on where in Equestria they actually were, either option was just as likely.

Emerald dealt in facts though - speculation was a dangerous thing. Without any facts, she turned to the next best tool at her disposal.

Diplomacy.

"Thank you both." She said carefully, sitting close to the unconscious unicorn and alternating her piercing gaze between him and the two other mares. None of them looked particularly threatening, but looks could be deceiving. "My name is Emerald Gaze, of Canterlot. Or at least I was, if what you were saying is correct..."

Shaking her head sadly, she attempted an ironic smile. Unfortunately, she couldn't think of any reason that somepony would lie about something like that.

"I apologise for... I never meant for this to happen to your friend, and I never meant to order anypony around. I was weak and I couldn't just watch while he..." She shuddered - genuinely. If this was some kind of ruse then it was exceptional - this pony had saved her at the expense of his own health. The least she could do was believe that he and his friends meant no harm. Besides, say if they were lying... there wasn't really anything that she could do about it.

Despite no longer channeling magic, Emeralds horn continued to glow. Embarrassed by its irregularity and her own ineptitude and lack of self restraint, she turned back to hide it from view under the pretence of watching the stallion.

"Might I know your names? If we are here together, I would like to know how to address each of you."

@,

@@Demirari,

@,

Streamsung took control of the floating water and made it near golden shield's body. Once the water touched him it began to glow. Streamsung started to feel what he was feeling, and she knew that he was terribly dehydrated. It looked like everypony had that problem all of the sudden. She amplified the water's nutriating and energizing properties and instantly let those nescesary vitamins and hydrates flow into golden shield's bloodstream. The water turned gray and sluggish, since it had now been rid of all it's healthy properties. It was just a useless empty liquid now. It started evaporating into the air. During this entire healing process, Streamsung had been singing a lullaby to Golden Shield, or maybe even more so to the water. It was a song that gave hope and happiness, though bittersweet because of the situation. It had no lyrics, but she had sung the melody softly but clearly. Once she was done she sighed and looked at Golden one more time. There was nothing they could do but wait for him to wake up.

She turned around after the dark coated mare had started asking some questions. "Well... My name is Streamsung Swann... Though you can call me Swann... Or Streamsung. Whichever you prefer." She said as she looked around the room with frightened eyes again. She still didn't understand fully hoe all this had happened, and she was a little scared of what would happen next.

@Pripyat Pony @Thepumpkinking

Neuro grunted as he tried to get up. He was still extremely dizzy and his head still hurt, but he could speak now at least. He turned to diego. "Thanks... You saved my life there." He said as he put his hoof to his head. It hurt incredibly.

@@Scribblegroove, "Don't sweat it," Diego replied. "We all gotta look out for each other, seeing as we're all that's left. Cept maybe those ponies in the boat... wonder if any of them saw us? They surely must have seen the flares we let off, and the glowstick covered lizard bird thingy."

@@Scribblegroove, @@Demirari, @

The blackness that immersed Golden Shield suddenly began to dim to a more natural hue. His mind became slow and sluggish, but there was no pain. Slowly, Golden Shield opened his eyes. "There are ponies here? Why would there be ponies here?" He looked around and saw three mares. They all seemed to be staring at him. His voice croaked, "what merciful power sloughed me off such a cruel reality, into the caring hooves of my own personal harem?" 

His eyes bulged out when he recognized the faces of two of the ponies. Reality snapped back into place harshly. His head no longer pounded in pain. Perhaps his reckless demonstration of magic burnt off the last of the side effects of the vicious liquid.  He looked at the faces of the ponies around him, he couldn't help but feel ashamed. He tried to keep his emotions hidden, but he was sure the others would be able to see.

Golden Shield spoke softly, "it appears that I have played the fool. No doubt you all aided in, well aiding me? Thank you, and I apologize for my foolhardy actions." His voice began to grow stronger, Golden Shield was recovering at an alarming rate. "I have already introduced myself to the beautiful Emerald Gaze and my dear friend Gentle Secret, but who are you, my stunning mare? I am Golden Shield, strategist and philosopher. It is a pleasure to meet you all, even if I have thoroughly embarrassed myself." He paused, and then said "I do not understand why I am recovering with such haste."

Golden Shield didn't attempt to move, he did not want to push his luck. 

Edited by Golden Shield

Emerald Gaze.

@,

"No doubt due to this wonderful young lady." Emerald noted, relieved to see the unicorn awake again and allowing herself to focus instead on the mare in question.

@@Scribblegroove,

"You possess quite the gift my dear. If there is anything I can do for you, just say the word." She said with an approving nod.

"I will do all I can - if times are as uncertain as these ponies claim to be, it would be terrible for anything to happen to any of us - least of all one such as yourself."

The frightened eyes were a telltale sign that the mare was in a similar situation to herself - it must be genuinely terrifying to her. When she next spoke, Emerald smiled in a reassuring, inviting manner. "At the very least, we could all use a friend when we are alone, yes?" She added in perfect honesty.

@,
@@Demirari,
@,

Streamsung looked at Emerald as she offered her friendship to her. She felt comfortable as she spoke. She seemed to know how to use words like she knew how to use feelings. She felt a slight sense of pride as she complimented her on her 'gifts', and that gave her the courage to reply. "I could definately use some friends... Yes." She said, smiling a little. The earlier fright and sadness had nearly dissapeared now. She didn't have a lot of ponies to care about, as she had mourned for them before all this, when the disasters were actually happening. All she felt now, was curiosity.

And she expressed her feelings in a question. "Now that you mention it... ARE we alone? Are there others in this... bunker?" She said to Gentle Secret and Golden Shield. A thought popped up in her mind as she was thinking of this. "How did the two of you actually find us?" She looked around at the machinery to see if anything gave away a clue of what it was. She didn't know a lot about technlology, so she was clueless...

@@Scribblegroove

"Alone, alone?" Gentle Secret replied, "No, we're not the only four ponies here, if that is if the others haven't got outside of this bunker. Which, I doubt they didn't." With what she saw previously with some of the ponies, they were probably outside. Then, her mind wondered off to another thought, did they actually went out to scout, or did they idiotically ran out, to be free of this accursed bunker? Her mind was already pointing at the second possibility, aided by what she saw and what was probably the main personalities of the ponies that were urging ponies to get out of this bunker. 

Then, her mind stopped and returned to its previous state, Gentle Secret continued, intending to answer the third question, "Well it was more of finding a strange liquid on a floor below us. Golden Shield here tried to identify the liquid, if I'm current, what was unexpected was what seemed to be a type of anti-magic, I'm assuming, but that is still rather unclear. Now, continuing, Golden Shield here, got curious, and we proceeded to travel up here, which led us in here." She had cut some things off to try to make it as short as possible.

Josh stayed around the entrance for a while his head ringing from the sound of the bird only a little before. he stayed quiet and watched the other ponies mess about as he was still unsure how he could properly talk to them and hold a proper conversation without them getting bored. He eventually walked over to neuro. "hey should we start heading towards the boat? if that bird is to come back for prey we wouldn't want to be sitting in the open like ducks would we?" he stared unsure and then looked around and up to the sky looking for the bird with a smile on his face "then again seeing it again could be very interesting"

Emerald Gaze.

@@Scribblegroove,

Emerald smiled and nodded in appreciation: the honesty of the younger mare a refreshing change of pace from the dance of barbed words she was accustomed to: the same dance that she suspected her unlikely saviour was likely to make her perform.

"Thank you dear, I'd like that."

@@Demirari,

"That is... unusual..." Emerald noted, eyes wandering nervously towards the waning glow still emitting from her horn. "Though it appears to have done no lasting harm, praise the sisters..."

Anti-magic? Her magic was effective at what it did, but it was hardly dangerous... Hardly something that needed neutralising at any rate. More and more questions were forming but it seemed like these ponies had precious few answers.

Golden Shield was content to just lay on the floor while the others were talking. He needed to bide his strength and wait for the perfect time for action. He scanned the room taking notes on each of the ponies there. "Emerald Gaze, ever so regal and diplomatic. She is far too similar to myself to trust without knowing her true intentions. I need to make her ally with me and fast. Gentle Secret, as subservient as ever, she will pose no threat. The mystery mare that hasn't given her name, I know nothing of except she responds far too strongly to praise. I must make sure that Emerald does not wrap them around her hoof, before I know if I can trust her."

Then, Golden Shield found his moment. The talk had paused, and for what he was about to do, Golden Shield wanted all attention to be on him. He smiled at his own plan. It was a gamble, sure, but he needed to shock and awe them. This could accomplish it. He jumped up from the place he was sitting, perhaps a bit too fast. He was still unsteady on his hooves. He began walking towards the unknown mare.

@@Scribblegroove

"If what I hear is true," Golden Shield said in the loudest voice he had the strength to muster, "then I am in your debt." He finished the sentence beside the mare, most likely within her personal area. Carefully he reached his hoof out and bent his neck down, as he carefully attempted to lift her leg so that he may kiss her hoof.

"No matter her reaction, I will learn something about her, and she will only think that she has learned something of me." 

@@Demirari, @ 

He turned away from the mare to face the others. "My dear Gentle Secret here is right. I believe there are three other ponies here, possibly more. They test my patience far greater than I would care to admit." "Truth is the greatest weapon. They will trust truth, as long as too much is not revealed." 

"You appear confused, Emerald of Mine Eye. I have plenty of answers, if only I knew of the question. Whatever this place is, it was built by something known as Omnine Corporation. There is a member among us that is intrinsically associated with the supposed Omnine Corporation, but he is not forthcoming of any information, to say the least. He, and this building push me far out of ease, as I cannot trust either him nor the Omnine Corporation. Far moreso with this discovery of the dubbed 'antimagic' and you two. I hope we do not have this problem between us. I wish for us to be able to trust each other. Ask me any question you desire, and I will answer with truth, and I shall expect the same. A shield will only work if you trust it completely in deflecting the blows of your foe. Does this sound reasonable?"

"However if Gentle Secret's suspicions are true, we are in trouble. I do not wish to raise alarm, as I will ensure no harm befalls upon any of you, as long as you trust my actions. If the others have left this bunker, then we are in grave danger. We should regroup with the others with haste."

@@Scribblegroove

"But first my dear," Golden Shield turned to the mystery mare, "pray tell your name, as that I may have the decency of addressing you in a fashion befitting a fine lady."

@@Demirari, @@:

Streamsung didn't know how to react to Golden Shields attempt to kiss her hoof. One moment she was eagerly listening to Gentle secret's story and then Golden Shield made a move at her. She was absolutely uncomfortable with him doing that, but at the same time she didn't want to offend him. She merely stumbled back a little and stood there a bit awkwardly. "Umm... Thanks. It's nothing... I guess." 

He then proceeded to speak of the other inhabitants of this bunker, and of how they might have left it. She could relate to them though, she wanted nothing but to leave this horrible place and feel the wind in her mane again. When he turned to her again, she quickly replied and asked a question herself. "I'm Streamsung Swann... And please don't, I am everything but a fine lady in your presence, in that of all of you. I was just wondering, why is it so dangerous that the others have left the... umm, bunker? Vault? I mean, whatever is out there won't be waiting right outside the door right?" She said. She had heard of news reports long ago where there had been dangerously quickly evolving predators in nature. If they had sustained to evolve so quickly, they would likely be very dangerous now... But not sentient surely.

@@Josh Riordan@@Pripyat Pony,@@Thepumpkinking.

Neuro got hold of his mind again, and he quickly realised something. "Everyone, we need to go back inside immediately. If that thing is still out there it could seriously harm us..." He stated as he got his hooves and started walking towards the vault door, looking around to see if he could spot the predator again. "The people on the boat will surely come here if they saw the flares, and they most likely have. They weren't out there to take a little trip, they were searching for survivors, and we made sure that they'd find us. At least that is what I presume..." 

@@Scribblegroove, "Yeah, good idea," Diego replied, following Neuro in. "I've got some wood so I can make more fruit trees if need be. We ought to do an inventory of what we've got in this place, search it from top to bottom. There might be some useful information we can use, or even some weapons. For everypony else, of course. I have my magic."

Cutaway was simply following the group, acting in his usual taciturn and reserved manner. He secretly felt and gripped on the map he was hiding in his backpack pocket. The encounter with the monster was forcing him to seriously take consideration of venturing alone. "Damn it, it's a no win situation..." he thought to himself, strolling along with Neuro.

"Actually, we shouldn't be waiting for them. We should be searching for the possible group, if there is one. We can't just abandon them out there; what if the predator got them instead?" Cutaway argued. "I do have a compass, just so you know, so as long as we don't go wandering, we can find our way back."

@@Scribblegroove

Golden Shield blinked at the mare as if he were confused. "Too much modesty is a dangerous thing, my sweet Streamsung." He glanced around the room to make sure everypony was listening. He began speaking in a much louder voice.

"A keen question, a very keen question! One that I most certainly have an answer for, alas I must start at the beginning first. I am not certain if you are aware, but when the world broke from the cycle of sanity, and decended into the darkest abyss of the most twisted mind, vicious beasts began to arise. Blood thirsty, ravenous beasts with an unquenchible hunger, perputally clawing at their gut. They are steadfast and determined, they will stop at nothing to feed."

"I have encountered many more of these beasts than I would care to say, and should have died a thousand times, and a few more for good measure. For some strange reason, I stand before you today, although I am not sure if this is reality or the maddened dream of a relestless soul within a shollow grave. I know some of these demons." 

"This shelter here provides safety, as long as they is no knowledge of our existence. As soon as a pony steps out from these confines, their scent will waft with the breeze and into the nose of any beast. They will track down this prison, and even if they do not encounter our colleagues, they will know where they came from. Where one pony emerges, there is the possibility of another."

"Beasts are far more intelligent then most give credit for. A metal hole with one focal point is easy to surround. They will make camp and wait for the emergence of a delicious snack. With the only escape barred, we will be trapped within and be forced to wait till starvation wraps us in its cold embrace. I would feel much more at ease that when the beasts have knowledge of our existence, if we stayed in the wild, where there is space to roam, then to be trapped like sitting ducks."

"I have managed to survive through my wits alone by some bizzare miracle. I am sure that combined we stand much stronger, and will be able to endure the trials of an insane God."

Golden Shield stopped his speech, and looked at the others. He waited for any response.

@, "I can do a shield spell to protect us," Diego said. "But we should all leave as a group, rather than in ones and twos. The ponies here are the last of the equine race; it would make sense for everypony to leave as one. Otherwise, we could come back here and find everypony dead."