Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Survival: The new world (RP)

Scribblegroove

"We shouldn't, considering that we don't even know what the world will be like and how it would act," Gentle Secret agreed with what the stallion had said, glancing at the cylinder. Then she spoke, "That is why I propose that we send some ponies to act as scouts to the upper land to detail in as much as they can and come back to give us information." Standard rules when investigating new lands, and this would be the perfect situation to apply that. After all, what kind of vegetation or predators would be lurking up there?

"Sounds like something I could do" said short circuit bumping in. Something that could give him something to look forward to. Specially since it's felt like it was forever since he had some action. And now that the odds were not against him, he could have a better chance of having some fun. But with short circuits first impression, how could they trust him.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Scribblegroove

Golden Shield was rather taken aback by the pony's rather blunt refusal to answer the question. "He is guilty of some transgression, and is hiding it. I am going to find out what it is," he thought. Golden Shield looked around the room and saw that, at this point, most of the ponies where up and about and some where looking for gear. 

"All I need is a spark to understand what must be done. My thoughts will be ignited." He then heard another pony speaking, this one was proposing a plan of action. He looked to find the speaker. She was a white unicorn with a blue mane.

@@Demirari

"We shouldn't, considering that we don't even know what the world will be like and how it would act," Gentle Secret agreed with what the stallion had said, glancing at the cylinder. Then she spoke, "That is why I propose that we send some ponies to act as scouts to the upper land to detail in as much as they can and come back to give us information." Standard rules when investigating new lands, and this would be the perfect situation to apply that. After all, what kind of vegetation or predators would be lurking up there? 

Golden Shield waited for her to finish, and then addressed the pale pony who was seeking authority. "Well now, my friend, you seek to become a leader, do you not? Why else would you attempt to rally us? That is all well and good, but tell me how am I ever supposed to follow a pony that I cannot trust? How can I ever trust a pony who does not answer the most trivial of questions?"

He turned to face the white pony, and studied her for a second. "She seems more reasonable then Commando here." He then said to her, "Ah, there is more to you then meets the eye, is there not? A scholar of sorts, perhaps? I do not know how long we have been sitting in this metallic stomach, but before I was consumed by the great mouth of technology, I lived in the forests. The animals that had won my affection where being swept into the afterlife. Vicious beast with malevolent hearts began to plague the land, they imposed a tyrannical rule upon the wild. They would tear the flesh from your bone as easily as tearing a fresh loaf of bread. To send a 'scout' outside would be to throw these monsters an aromatic steak. They would also then know where we are living."

"Alas, we must learn what awaits us beyond the confines of this purgatory. I have some skill in the magic of illusions. Mayhaps I could see the world beyond without the sacrifice of a drop of blood."  After finishing, Golden Shield looked at both acquaintances and waited for their responses.  

Edited by Golden Shield

Diego was angry at being ignored. He threw his head up and said, "Well, I'm not afraid. My magic could deal with any threat that's waiting outside, and we'll have to leave here sooner or later. In case you didn't know, the food here won't last forever. Of course, I can create food if needed with my chaos magic, but I'm not so sure that I feel as tho I want to help ponies who have done nothing good for me."

@,

"Illusion magic? I see, that would be rather helpful," Gentle Secret replied. Now that would be very helpful in their scouting mission. So a chaos magic user and a pony that would be proficient in illusion magic.  Now she wondered what others could do. Then she spoke after thinking for a while of what the others could do and what skills do they have, "I am a explorer, I hunt for artifacts and tomes of value that would be lost long ago. I am a scholar of Magic before being kidnapped, and here I am right now."

Edited by Demirari

@,

"Illusion magic? I see, that would be rather helpful," Gentle Secret replied. Now that would be very helpful in their scouting mission. So a chaos magic user and a pony that would be proficient in illusion magic. Now she wondered what others could do. Then she spoke after thinking for a while of what the others could do and what skills do they have, "I am a explorer, I hunt for artifacts and tomes of value that would be lost long ago. I am a scholar of Magic before being kidnapped, and here I am right now."

"Oh yay group seminar" said short circuit to himself sarcastically. "I can drain power from anything that runs on electrical energy, then use it to power something....or fry something. I can track, and hunt if need be. Suturing skills is also a added bonus for me" he explained. He had learned most of his skills just by surviving for some of the chaos, up untill the kidnapping of course. He had to learn the skills in order to survive, it was a sink or swim sceniro for most of his days of the doomsday environment.

@

"I will tell you what I have to do with Omnine coörporations when I deem it nescesary. That moment is now now. It will only distract you from the task at hand, which you have perfectly analyzed and made a plan for as I can hear. I agree, we need to scout the area..." He said as he walked towards control room. He smashed a button with his hoof and the doors leading to it slid open. "And I happen to know exactly what we need to do that..." He said as he walked inside. "If you'd please follow me, I will show you something." He said. He walked around in the room as if he'd been there a million times before. He flicked on a few switches, pressed a few buttons and turned a few things on. Screens brightened and machines started to hum. Neuro then reacted to what the questioning stalion had said before. "I never meant to put myself in authority, I simply spoke my mind. We found a solution democraticly did we not?" He said. He cleare thought he had outwitted him there, and he smiled to himself. "Intelligent, but not a 'young prodigy."

He was done with the machinery and started to talk again. "Right, what I am trying to do is to activate the vaults surveillance camera system. At least one outdoor camera should be installed in every one... And I think I can remember 68 having three... I think I have spilled enough to give you the gist of what my affliation with Omnine Corp is did I not?" He said. He leaned back against a wall as he waited for everything to launch and heat up. "The generator is still waking up, so we will have to wait for a while before we open our mechanical eyes... I don't remember I have introduced myself. My name is Neuro. I would say 'nice to meet you', but obviously this situation is not very nice now is it?" He said snickering. His mind was cold and calculating as ever. He could keep his cynical way of acting even in situations like this.

(Sorry guys didn't notice the rp had started)

Connor had hit the metal grate at the same time as everypony else but just couldn't be bothered to get up so he just sat there on the grate listening to everypony talking taking in all the facts when he did get up he stumbled into the a white coated mare with a blue mane and tail and fell to the floor he looked up at her as he stood back up

"Sorry miss I didn't hurt you did I"

"My name's Diego, and as I said before, my talent is for chaos magic," Diego said. "And yeah, it's not exactly 'nice to meet you' either. Don't take this the wrong way, but I never really hung out with other ponies much before. They didn't like my talent and thought I was related to Discord or something stupid like that."

@,

"Huh?" Gentle Secret replied, stumbling back a bit, she got a good grip onto the ground with her hooves, saving herself a fall. Then she spoke, "No worries sir, you didn't hurt me that much. Anyways, I'm Gentle Secret." Gentle Secret greeted herself to the stallion that had stumbled into her and the group itself. Better to be polite and greet herself to the stallion and the group itself. Then Gentle Secret nodded her head at the plan of action by the stallion now known as Neuro, whom was talking about opening the cameras to view the outside world. That would be the best course of action. 

Josh laughed a little at neuros Ill humored joke and then Started to speak up and introduce himself standing towards the back of the group. "I am Josh. I am a Pegasus and have no idea why I have them four horn like growths. I was Born im canterlot but have lived and travelled alone I'm anywhere that wasn't a town or city since I was about umm seven or so I think. And despite all this its a pleasure to meet you all. I like seeing new faces." He smiled nervously and went quiet again unsure what else to say or do.

Connor steadied himself before replying to the mare with a smile

"Nice to meet you gentle secret I'm casual connor"

He held his hoof out hoping for a hoofshake from the friendly mare

"If you ever need to unwind tell me I'm a great moral booster and I throw great parties"

@@Scribblegroove

Golden Shield couldn't help but grow frustrated as he heard Neuro's response. "Why do ponies insist on making everything so difficult for themselves? This is precisely the reason why I left Canterlot." He had had enough of the continual distractions everypony kept making. The mind games Neuro was playing, the angry outbursts of Diego the supposed chaos magic wielder and the unyielding multiple conversations that never ended. He needed solitude to balance his head.

He allowed himself to  get herded to a room that supposedly held the solution to all their troubles. It turned out to only be an extravagant camera system. "Mechanical eyes?" Golden Shield snickered until he realized this pale pony seriously thought that this was the solution. Everypony seemed to be introducing themselves, so this was his chance to speak.

"I am known by the name Golden Shield, and a shield I am." He then lowered his voice and looked Neuro in the eye. "Might I add, that a shield only works if you bear it proudly and closely. I had not realized that we had come to a solution. It is to my understanding that we merely have a solution because you have said we have a solution."

Golden Shield then walked toward Neuro, so that he might be able to speak quietly to him. "I know you are merely trying to protect yourself, or even all of us. If your actions go uncorrected they may well damn us all. Furthermore, you cannot comprehend what information is valuable or not to me. Every thought gathers with another, until a thick rope is made that allows you to reach a solution."

He turned away from Neuro and addressed the group once more. "Since my questions go unanswered, I must answer them myself. I need the sanctity of my most inner thoughts."

@@Pripyat Pony

"I will leave now to seek a shred of solitude within this giant cage. Please Diego, in my absence, control your outbursts. They are extraordinarily distracting. If you seek to kill yourself, there are plenty of ways to do so in here, just do not leave this place or you may put us all in danger."

@@Demirari

As if an afterthought, Golden Shield looked towards the pony Gentle Secret. "It has been many a moon since I have taken part in an intellectual conversation with anypony other than myself. I pray thee, come with me so that our minds may adjoin together. Together we shall come to the ubiquitous answer, if you accompany me."

Having said what he needed to say, Golden Shield grew silent and waited for the response of Gentle Secret, Neuro, or anypony that may want his attention before he left.

((wow, I just realized that the two characters that are scholars/philosophers have the same initials. Made me laugh pretty hard.)) 

Edited by Golden Shield

@, Diego rolled his eyes in response to what Golden Shield said. "I'm not going to kill myself," he replied. "That's the coward's way out. If I was going to do that, I'd have done it long ago. Second, who are you to tell me what to do? You're just like the ponies in my home town. As if it was ever going to be different. If you want to stay here and starve to death once the supplies run out, then feel free. I'll be alright. I've always had to look after myself, and I survived."

Diego walked over to look at the machinery that Neuro said were mechanical eyes. He had never really bothered with machinery before, or the weapons that many ponies armed themselves with, but this was different. He burned to take a look at what was outside, and wondered how to switch the cameras on.

Neuro looked at golden shield as he tried to throw a wrench in his reasoning. "Oh, but we have come to a solution have we note. The two of you stated that we had to scout the area, bit shouldn't put ourselves in harm whike doing so. This covers both of your wishes, and I don't believe that there is any problem at all with my approach. You seem to think that you are deep and wise, while you are just well-verser and moderately intelligent. Don't make a fool out of yourself please. Clearly I am the only one to have a plan here." He said to Golden Shield. When he decider to stay aside from the other's he simply shrugged. "I guess all you will get to know about the outside world are our shrieks of disbelief once the camera's finally switch on. The view should be stunning. At least that is what I presume, and my assunptions are nearly always correct." He said as he waited. "This is taking quite long..." He said, finally questioning himself. Had he been wrong and did the camera's not work. Perhaps the generator just took longer than expected.

"I suppose I could Golden Shield," Gentle Secret replied nodding her head. Maybe a small or a large intelligential conversation between the two would be beneficial. And a very nice chance to stretch her mind after that kidnapping and being frozen to be thrown into a new would.

Gentle Secret's mind was wondering in a direction of what the world would be like. A old world made brand new by the forces of nature. Too many assumptions and predications. Only actual exploration will give an answer, and she felt excited by this. A chance to explore a newer world.

(Now that startling realization made me grin like a moron drunk.)

Edited by Demirari

Cutaway stood behind the group as a bystander. And first, Cutaway wondered why he was still alive and fine, despite having no survival skill whatsoever; fate may have placed him in this. The group's rambling was not helping. Each was acting to their own accord, he felt no unity, and everyone was arguing with each other. Is this the remainder of what we have left of ponykind? Cutaway thought.

Finally, Cutaway had enough, and when the group was in a heated debate, Cutaway ventured off into the hallways of the Vault. Disregarding the risk of going alone, he rather not be with these ponies. They were not useful to him, anyway.

The hallways were unusually silent and desolate, and Cutaway moved around the maze. He glanced to the left, using the reflection to observe himself. A tall pegasus stallion, short fur, sharp wings. Cutaway chuckled; he had not changed much, save for a longer mane and a mustache growing below his muzzle.

Most of the doors were locked with some kind of pin code. Cutaway tried kicking some of them open, to no avail. He had to improvise with a fire extinguisher as a defense weapon, and kept it close to his hooves when he tried to bash some doors, with, again, no tangible result. When he proceeded down the second hallway, he found an open door. Luck seems to kick in now.

Employee living quarters. Multiple white bunk beds, three tables, two lamps, and a radio set. Cutaway searched through the bed sheets and the drawers. Nothing of any substantial use here, except for the bed sheets, only they were thin and didn't offer much warmth.

Josh stared at the screen patiently with anticipation. He hoped to see vegetation like it was before only less dangerous for some ponies sake. After a short while he grew bored and walked cautiously towards neuro. "I don't mean to make accusations but you umm said that you had something to do with omnine corporations yes? If that's true would you know why if not just mine but most of our minds are blank as to how we got here. And also why is there no one else in this facility? " he stared at Neuro taking in his features as he talked and then sat looking around the place again while waiting for a response.

Edited by Guest

While taking the verbal barrage from Neuro, Golden Shield couldn't help but smile. He waited patiently for his fuming to stop, and then he calmly said "Forgive me Neuro, I did not mean to anger you. After all, I only expressed dissatisfaction with the plan you made. I did not realize that it would anger you to challenge your authority, the authority you said that you didn't want." 

"I don't see how he can get himself out of this knot." Golden Shield then concluded, "We may work side by side, you and I, but not until you see and treat me as your equal."

Upon hearing Diego's response, Golden Shield tried to ignore it as best he could. He had no business dealing with simpletons who let emotion run their lives. As long as Diego didn't leave this vault, he could do no damage to the group, so best not even deal with him.

After hearing that Gentle Secret would accompany him, Golden Shield felt elated. He tried to remember the last time he had an intense conversation with a fellow scholar. "Come my dear Gentle Secret, let us traverse across this baron metal and discuss the harshness of reality. Let us go then, you and I, to lead each other to the overwhelming question. Oh, do not ask, "what is it?" Let us go and make our visit."

Golden Shield trotted to Gentle Secret's side and motioned her to start walking away from the others. 

((last three lines of Golden Shield's speech are plagiarized from one of my favourite poems: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock))  

"Very well sir," Gentle Secret replied. She didn't move for a second, looking around the room and the paths it had. She believed that at least one of the group members traveled into one of the hallways without notifying others, but that was just guesswork. Then she spoke, "To the northern hallway," then she turned and started walking.

While walking to and entering the hallway, she wondered exactly what the subject would be. After all, life had many paths and many subjects to discuss. One would die of old age before even learning and debating a 50% of it, or that is at least what she believed. Then she remembered a medium book that she had chained to herself, a spell work that would take at least a day of preparation. Binding was never very easy, that was of course depending on the object and the used.

Gentle Secret then spoke, "May I summon a book while we converse?" Best to ask, to be polite and courtesy. Didn't want to offend a fellow scholar/philosopher or any other pony at that.

Short circuit didn't bother to follow the group, as most of the conversation was far to superior in grammar for him to handle. Nuero seemed to be an observant one. Paying to much attention to his surroundings. But what made the yellow Pegasus start to question the trust that this stallion with the group, grew because he knew way to much about the facility. If he wasn't mistaken, That colt had something to do with this place. Definitely a pony who's story was waiting to be unravelled.

Then the well rounded golden shield, to short circuit. This character was definitely well mannered. He could tell by the way he words his sentences. Not a big fan of his type.

Then there was Diego, with that chaos magic. And his personality somewhat reminding of himself. Or old self.

The others...he hadn't had enough time to take notes on the rest of the group, but in time he would. He looked around the room as he quietly following the group, looking at anything of interest.

@@Demirari

A look of disappointment flashed on Golden Shield's face when Gentle Secret asked if she could read her book. Sighing he said, "if you must. I do not understand why so many of us insist on keeping their noses buried in carefully crafted paper, defaced by scribblings in ink and carefully wrapped in leather. There is so much more to be learned from tranquillity and the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings that arise from it. The greatest knowledge comes from the thoughts trapped in the darkest corner of the mind which can only be unleashed in the bliss of uninterrupted meditation."

Golden Shield then turned to look behind him. They were far enough away from the others as to not be heard. "We can debate about knowledge and learning later, that is not the reason I asked you to accompany me. I do wish to put our minds together to learn what must be done, but I confess I do have an ulterior motive. You must surely know that what I am about to say is not the result of some petty squabble, I am above such infidelity."

He took a deep breath as he thought about how to word his statement. "I do not know your impressions of Neuro, but I cannot find it in my heart to trust him. I am not sure if you noticed, but his cutie mark is identical to the icons sprawled upon some of the doors in this cage. Additionally, he seems to have an intrinsic, almost intimate, knowledge of whatever this place is. He obviously knows much more of this place and what is going on than anyone else here. When I asked him about it, he bluntly refused to answer. He is hiding something and until it is revealed, I do not know if he is ally or foe. His insistence of leadership is either an attempt to misguide us, or a testament to his strong headedness. I am not sure which I fear more. What are your thoughts?" 

Edited by Golden Shield

(When you look through the room you'll also find 3 aidiologs hidden in the room.)

Neuro laughed at Golden Shields attempts to outsmart him. "Still I have not claimed authority whatsoever." He started, but when Golden Shield started to walk away, he stopped. There was no sense in going on.

He turned to the stallion pegasus with 4 growths on his head. "All of our questions will be answered eventually. Don't worry, I will make sure of that. I think the camera's are about to show us the world." He said as he turned to the screen and flicked a few switches. There was black and grey distortion at first, but then 2 views started to appear.

The first showed a peaceful but thight pine forest on a mountainside or hill, the camera below the natural rooftops of it. There was a label on the right lower corner of the screen. It said 'exit'.

The second view was above the foresr, looking down the treetops and down the mountainside. The vault wasn't very high up the mountain, at it's foot really. The forest's vegetation was brutally interrupted by a giant ravine, with on the other side a large grass field, streching out for miles, only interrupted by a river flowing through it. Very far in the distance. More mountains could be seem to the opposite side of them. To the left the mountain ranges met, but to the right they dissapeared into the ground and only left a stunning view of the sea. The rivers from the mountainside flowed towards it.

What drew the most attention however, was a boat in the sea in the distance. It was a small speedboat, and it was floating in one place for a while.

Neuro was surprised. "It seems there are other survivors right out there! We must make them see us..." Neuro said. He thought deeply. "The flaregun!" He shouted. "Even in the light of day they should be able to see it!" He said as he raised it with his magic.

Josh sighed as neuro asserted and then at the screen stared and analysed the pictures he saw on the screen. "that is fascinating" he muttered to himself as he stared looking for herbs and things he could use. His snake like eyes flicked to the boat and then neuro. "if you would like neuro I could go up and fire the flare. I would enjoy a chance to see what the world has to offer"

@,

Gentle Secret didn't respond for a while, deep in thought. It is too early to make a clear characterization of Neuro. Though she clearly agreed with what Golden Shield had said. The cutie mark that Neuro bared with other things such as the knowledge of the cameras. Then she spoke, "I cannot make an opinion at this stage, it is certainly on a more neutral stance, leaning in on what your views on him are. Especially his knowledge of the cameras and his cutie mark baring an airy resemblance to the images plastered around us."  

Diego stared at the pictures of the new world. He didn't see the open grasslands, or the high mountains, or the blue sky. What he noticed was the absence of ponies. Where were they all? Could it be true that the eight of them really were the last remaining ponies in all of Equestria? When he saw the boat, he was startled. Maybe it wasn't true, and there were others. He agreed with Neuro that the best thing to do was to contact these survivors, whoever they might be.

Diego ignored Golden Shield. He thought the pony was arrogant and pompous and too full of his own importance to be worth bothering with. Diego was also sick and tired of the pony and others assuming he was stupid. While Diego hadn't gotten very far with school, due to being shunned and isolated, he was far from stupid. Diego had street smarts instead of book smarts, and felt that street smarts and survival techniques would be far more useful to the group than reading books or pontificating about what somepony with a small mind thought of everypony else.