Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ponies and Pages Bookstore

SkyHeart

Nervous, she bolted behind the counter as Diamond Tiara entered the shop. The filly had to crouch low to avoid being seen.

Meanwhile, Diamond Tiara left dirty hoofprints on the floor as they looked around. She grabbed the towel from the counter that was being used and wiped her face without asking.

"Hay" she shouted to the owner. "Have you seen a filly run in here? A blank flank"?

"No, not at all. All I see is your muddy hoof prints all over my shop." Her tone was kind, but her smile didn't reach her eyes. "No fillies here. You should head on home." She gestured to the floor "maybe you ll clean it up with my good towel that you grabbed?" She nugged the filly Further under the counter.

"No, not at all. All I see is your muddy hoof prints all over my shop." Her tone was kind, but her smile didn't reach her eyes. "No fillies here. You should head on home." She gestured to the floor "maybe you ll clean it up with my good towel that you grabbed?" She nugged the filly Further under the counter.

"Whatever then" Diamond replied curtly. "Let's get out of here, Silver Spoon".

Before she left, she pointed a hoof at the owner.

"If you do see her, tell her to watch out. She's messed with the wrong pony"!

They left the store to continue the search. The filly finally stood up, a little embarrassed.

"For what you did, thank you" she said. "Sorry for the intrusion and for your towel. I guess I should be going unless you would like me to clean up for those two. I have no problem with that".

"No not at all!" Love Bug said. "Why don't you stay a while? You can catch your breath, have some tea and a muffin, and calm down a bit." She smiled. "I always help ponies in need. Besides, this is a place for that. Just hanging out." She gestured to the soft couch by the mystery section. "Don't worry at all, I or my employee Rising Shine will clean it up. I'm Love Bug, by the way."

"No not at all!" Love Bug said. "Why don't you stay a while? You can catch your breath, have some tea and a muffin, and calm down a bit." She smiled. "I always help ponies in need. Besides, this is a place for that. Just hanging out." She gestured to the soft couch by the mystery section. "Don't worry at all, I or my employee Rising Shine will clean it up. I'm Love Bug, by the way."

After such an ordeal, the filly finally had a reason to beam outwardly towards Love Bug. Her voice was thick, accented and didn't sound very learned.

"Well...that sounds really nice, Ms. Love Bug. Nice to meet you. I'll be glad to stay. My name is Honeycrisp. I'm a relative of the Apples and I'm here, visiting family".

She looked around, seeing the shop for the first time.

"Wow, this is a bookstore or something? Neat! I'm not always into reading but mah cousin, Applebloom tried to get me to read more I guess".

She flopped on the couch. "I'll go for one of those muffins until she comes by, seeing I don't risk bumping into them two twice in one day".

(Well, now I have much to write XD)

I just finished the door. when a filly runs into the shop. The filly is hiding. I fall to the ground, this time wasn't bad, because, it wasn't high. I rubbed my head, when two more fillys coming in. I had a "beep" in my ear, so for the moment, I didn't hear anything. Short after the 2 left, finally I can hear again. I went to the counter.

"Wow, what was that? Is the filly fine?"

I go to the filly.

"Hey, my name is Rising Shine, hope you are all right."

I smile to the filly.

(Well, now I have much to write XD)

I just finished the door. when a filly runs into the shop. The filly is hiding. I fall to the ground, this time wasn't bad, because, it wasn't high. I rubbed my head, when two more fillys coming in. I had a "beep" in my ear, so for the moment, I didn't hear anything. Short after the 2 left, finally I can hear again. I went to the counter.

"Wow, what was that? Is the filly fine?"

I go to the filly.

"Hay, my name is Rising Shine, hope you are all right."

I smile to the filly.

The pony named Rising Shine that came towards Honeycrisp was as nice as Love Bug, it would seem.

Honeycrisp collected her thoughts. "Yeah, everything is surprisingly great" she slowly replied. "I wonder if Applebloom has ever been here before"?

She started to feel a little bored in that unfamiliar place.

The pony named Rising Shine that came towards Honeycrisp was as nice as Love Bug, it would seem.

Honeycrisp collected her thoughts. "Yeah, everything is surprisingly great" she slowly replied. "I wonder if Applebloom has ever been here before"?

She started to feel a little bored in that unfamiliar place.

"Well, I working here for some hours, but I didn't see her. But I living here, so I know her."

I realize, that the filly look a little bit bored.

"Bored, huh? I think, this place is normally more for older ponies. But you can stay here. The other 2 fillys don't looking friendly. When you need something, just ask."

I smile to the filly. I can understand the filly ... young, wild, more action, more risk.

"Well, I working here for some hours, but I didn't see her. But I living here, so I know her."

I realize, that the filly look a little bit bored.

"Bored, huh? I think, this place is normally more for older ponies. But you can stay here. The other 2 fillys don't looking friendly. When you need something, just ask."

I smile to the filly. I can understand the filly ... young, wild, more action, more risk.

"Okay. I don't feel like leaving just yet but I can gladly take some water or something to drink". She rubbed her tongue along the inside of her mouth which was as dry as sandy soil.

There might have been little chance of her actually finding one but she hoped that perhaps this book store had something she might want to read. Being the daughter of migrants, she has never had much of a proper education and finds even thick lettering to hold an aura of intimidation over her. If it wasn't for Applebloom, every encounter with another pony in her life would have ended in conflict. She has eventually come to dislike everypony for some reason and mostly because everypony looks down on her. The two bullies in Ponyville was something else. She didn't regret pouring her coffee over the filly's head. She deserved a little humiliation for all the trouble she gave her cousin. But she also didn't feel like a fight with her cousin as a spectator.

She saw Rising Shine start to go back to work but she decided to ask a question.

Thinking it a stupid question, she mumbled anyway, "Do you have any books about apples"?

"Sure."

I make my way, to bring the filly some water. When I did it, I hear the filly ask something. I make my way back to the filly.

"Here is a cup of water. Books about apples? Sure ... this is a good one. Here you can read it."

I take a book out, about apples and give it to the filly.

"When you need more, just asking."

Love Bug pulled a fresh apple muffin from the oven in the back. She put apple frosting on top, with a single apple leaf. That little filly will like this. She thought happily to herself. Love Bug had been bullied as well, as she was a blank flank for a long time. She knew the best thing to have was a muffin and some friendly company. Oh, and a good book.

'Im back!' Yelled Hazelnut "I just had to take care of some... Business. Anyway about that Hazelnut Flavoured muffin?" Everypony looked worried as to what he was doing and what the bang was. There was some sort of red liquid on his back hoof. Hazelnut hoped no one would notice.

(Is this too spicy? :) Hehe)

Honeycrisp was pleased with the positive attention but also felt distracted from her problems. But for now, she believed that it has passed. Somepony else came in but she ignored them.

It was good that the day was so clear. The clouds have been swept aside with the same joy that this small bookstore found in cleaning up its own messes, whether by errant spills of ink or muddy hoof prints left behind by arrogant bullies. A clean sheet of light was all the filly needed to look upon that book. She didn't know the proper way to hold one and found her arms shifting often with the spine and pages. She focused, trying not to bend a single one. It was interesting that the town was so heavily tied to apples and the orchards her family worked. She wished Applebloom was here but wasn't going to leave with those two about. So, turning her attention back to the book, it pulled her attention towards it and all else faded into a lulling static.

Honeycrisp was pleased with the positive attention but also felt distracted from her problems. But for now, she believed that it has passed. Somepony else came in but she ignored them.

It was good that the day was so clear. The clouds have been swept aside with the same joy that this small bookstore found in cleaning up its own messes, whether by errant spills of ink or muddy hoof prints left behind by arrogant bullies. A clean sheet of light was all the filly needed to look upon that book. She didn't know the proper way to hold one and found her arms shifting often with the spine and pages. She focused, trying not to bend a single one. It was interesting that the town was so heavily tied to apples and the orchards her family worked. She wished Applebloom was here but wasn't going to leave with those two about. So, turning her attention back to the book, it pulled her attention towards it and all else faded into a lulling static.

Hazelnut slowly approached Honeycrips. He suddenly blurted out "Watch'ya reading! Is it funny?" Hazelnut laughed "Is it sad?" Hazelnut cried "Or is it epic?" Hazelnut jumped to the ceiling, hitting his head quite hard. He was stumbling around the shop. Hitting everything he came past. He stopped at the counter in front of love bug and fell to the floor. 

(edited)

@

Love Bug laughed. "Yes, we've got a batch." She wrapped up a small muffin and gave it to the spunky pony. "Oh gosh! What's on your hoof?" She noticed a splotch of red, and it looked like blood. "Are you okay?" She said in a worried tone. She hoped this cute pony wasn't hurt.

"And try not to interupt our customers plase" she whisperex, a smile on her face.

Edited by SkyHeart

Honeycrisp thought the strange pony was very silly but opted not to say that out loud.

"Y'all are very funny. I think I'll definitely come by more often" she said. "I do want this book but where I come from, we don't read whole books in bookstores until we buy them". She walked to the counter and helped the stranger get up. She turned and spoke politely to Love Bug. "Before I ask, I know I don't have enough bits but how much is this book of yours"? 

It was at this time that Honeycrisp had seen that the owner was a pony of good nature. But also quiet, with a wonderful simplicity not too unlike the rural life she knew of glassy ponds and lone roads of fine caked mud. Love Bug would make for a good neighbor anywhere she had been and in a way, she already started to relate enough to ask such questions. Otherwise, she might have wished to slink out while they were distracted by the stranger pony's silly antics.

"This isn't blood!" Hazelnut said worriedly "Its definitely not blood! Its errr, Ketchup? Tomato ketchup! When i ran out i was going to get ketchup! Its definitely not blood and I'm definitely not planning something that no one is supposed to know about!" He immediately covered his mouth with his hoof.

Love Bug raised an eyebrow, a smile on her lips. "If you say so" she said.

She turned to the other filly. "I think two bits would suffice?" She winked "that's an older book, so it doesn't cost to much." She gave Hazelnut her muffin while still looking at the other filly.

(Hazelnut is a boy)

"Uhh, I gotta go" Exclaimed Hazelnut "Ill be back later, Back with my surprise hehe."

(filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler fillerfiller filler filler filler filler filler fillerfiller filler filler filler filler filler filler)

Love Bug raised an eyebrow, a smile on her lips. "If you say so" she said.

She turned to the other filly. "I think two bits would suffice?" She winked "that's an older book, so it doesn't cost to much." She gave Hazelnut her muffin while still looking at the other filly.

"Ma'am, that means a lot". Honeycrisp placed two bits on the table, all she had after Diamond Tiara made her give up her lunch money yesterday from Applejack. They were old and pitted, the sort one would find near train tracks. Most ponies would just pass them by and not give them a second glance. She actually had many old coins, ones she has found along the road. Most didn't understand but she liked them more than shiny coins, or even shiny things in general. Was it because she came from an old land where time was measured in crops and the rings of trees? Applebloom was right. This was a special town with special ponies. Perhaps one day, she would learn enough to want to stay in one place. Maybe even have herself a mailbox all to herself.

For once that day, she felt not just relieved or temporarily content. It was more than that. Something hard to place.

"I'll try to come back" she promised. "And remember this place again. Goodbye". She took her muffin and book before leaving into the heating air of day. She had a lot to tell to Applebloom. A day of hiding from bullies, muffins and funny ponies but most of all, charity and a smiling face.

After saying that, I went to a table, sit down on a chair, laying my head on the table and start thinking ... and like always I fall asleep. I wake up later, looking around. I realized, that the filly was gone. And I recognize, that there was something red on the bottom.

"Uhm, Love Bug? I wish that away."

((sorry for being inactive, wasn't sure what to do. Actually i'm still not sure.))
Gold drank his mocca as he  read his book.  He looks up and waves at the new ponies that had come in since he was busy in his book. "Anyone up for a chat on the balcony"  he asks to any pony near by.

((Yeah its just sorta roly-polying along. Feel free to change it up!^^))

Love Bug settled into her book. It was the new Daring Do, and she was especially excited. This one had Rainbow Dash onthe cover! She couldn't wait... but then she heard another pony wanted to chat on the balcony. Daring Do could wait.

"Sure, That sounds wonderful!"

After I say Love Bug, that I wish the bottom, I go and start cleaning it. It was harder then I hoped to clean, took a bit longer. Then I hear a pony asking, if somepony want to chat on the balcony. But I have to do. I hear Love Bug answering positive.

"No problem, I take care here so long you are away."