Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie in Filly Vanilli

Mywas

(edited)

Yeah... i personally didn't really care for those two parts. Pinkie had made good effort, but with a terrible execution. She usually struck me as a people's person (ponies' pony?), which is why i was surprised when she didn't hold herself back from hurting Flutters.

Edited by Terminus

(edited)

I honestly never understood what's so bad about Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli. She was just stating the truth! Of course she could at least try to restrain herself, but I suppose she failed to notice that she was hurting Fluttershy's feelings.

Also, Fluttershy has been trough worse than hearing about the evil of journalists.

Edited by ShadowPirateX
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

When someone makes Fluttershy cry, that makes a lot of bronies angry, including myself...

Then you all must cry and be angry at alot of things quite often because Fluttershy is as soft as a 4D plushie,the girl can easily be upset. :P

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 4

For the same reason everyone hates Gilda.

She made Fluttershy cry.

Noo.. I hated Pinkie Pie because she was being obnoxious in a very mean way. She was treating her friend like crap in her friend's time of need. I hated her in that episode because she was just an out of character bully. For no reason what so ever. I don't hate Gilda for making Flutters cry, and I definitely didn't hate Pinkie for that reason. u_u

• Brohoof 5

She was insensitive to the point where she's just being mean. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the writer's intent, but that's what it came off as

• Brohoof 1

Then you all must cry and be angry at alot of things quite often because Fluttershy is as soft as a 4D plushie,the girl can easily be upset. :P

As I think about it, it was also probably that Pinkie didn't apologize for what she did.

If we got an apology from Pinkie, it would have been less irritating.

• Brohoof 2

Noo.. I hated Pinkie Pie because she was being obnoxious in a very mean way. She was treating her friend like crap in her friend's time of need. I hated her in that episode because she was just an out of character bully. For no reason what so ever. I don't hate Gilda for making Flutters cry, and I definitely didn't hate Pinkie for that reason. u_u

Same here! I LOVE Pinkie (she's my fav!), but she felt so out-of-character in this episode... sure, she would probably do something like that, but not so... over dramatically and obliviously as she did. :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As I think about it, it was also probably that Pinkie didn't apologize for what she did.

If we got an apology from Pinkie, it would have been less irritating.

Now that i can understand,but atleast she got a little wack on the head from Rarity  :D

(you know why this is here)

mlfw10477-1360354966550.gif

All is now balanced in the universe.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

^This

I disliked Pinkie's performance in "Filli Vanilli" because she was an obnoxious, insensitive jerk who displayed absolutely 0 common sense and didn't seem to even care that she was obviously doing harm to her friend. It goes much deeper than "she made Fluttershy cry."

It was clear that her friend was going through some troubles at the time, and all she did was keep on and on with what seemed to be pretty much harassing her. Sad, really - that's not the same pony we see in other episodes, that was a total bitch, to put it bluntly. 

I don't know what was going through Pinkie's mind that day, but she just wasn't herself. 

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Same here! I LOVE Pinkie (she's my fav!), but she felt so out-of-character in this episode... sure, she would probably do something like that, but not so... over dramatically and obliviously as she did. :/

Pinkie is my favorite pony, but I couldn't like her in that episode. That's probably why I hate that episode.

She should have been like, "Aw Fluttershy, don't worry! Sure, there are dozens of ponies in the stands, but you can just pretend they don't exist. OH OH PICTURE THEM INVISIBLE. PICTURE THEM." Helpful, but still loud.

Edited by Destiny
  • Brohoof 4

Pinkie is my favorite pony, but I couldn't like her in that episode. That's probably why I hate that episode.

A bit off-topic:

Ok I didn't like Pinkie Pie at all in this episode too, but other than that the episode was great.

Hating an episode just for that... :/ Pinkie Pie bullying Fluttershy lasted only a few seconds...

A bit off-topic:

Ok I didn't like Pinkie Pie at all in this episode too, but other than that the episode was great.

Hating an episode just for that... :/ Pinkie Pie bullying Fluttershy lasted only a few seconds...

It's one of my favorite episodes of Season 4. So much awesomeness in the episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A bit off-topic:

Pinkie Pie: Yeah! It'll be so amazing! You'll be there on stage, basking in the hooflights! The center of attention! A shining star! Everypony staring at you, judging you, jealously noting how they could be way better than you? Why wasn't it them? Why wasn't it them? And then, when you choke, they'll turn on you, becoming a seething, angry mob, and you'll be horribly humiliated, never able to show your face in Ponyville again!

Pinkie Pie: That was totally unbelievable! I mean, the curtain came up and there you were, singing in front of everypony! And you know, I don't think anypony was jealous, 'cause there certainly wasn't an angry mob! But it must have been horrible standing there on stage, all eyes glued directly on you! It's like you were living your own personal worst nightmare!

Pinkie Pie: Lost his voice and the title!

(you know, when Pinkie flaunts her victory to Big Mac in an unsportmanship way?)

Yeah. Hated the episode.

Edited by Destiny
  • Brohoof 6

She should have been like, "Aw Fluttershy, don't worry! Sure, there are dozens of ponies in the stands, but you can just pretend they don't exist. OH OH PICTURE THEM INVISIBLE. PICTURE THEM." Helpful, but still loud.

OMG that would have been so perfect! But instead, the writers ruined her and made Pinkie's image a bit worse then it already was before. How nice. -_-

• Brohoof 1

She was insensitive to the point where she's just being mean. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the writer's intent, but that's what it came off as

It wasn't the intent nor was it the writers decision. The decision came down from on high via a SP Edit note. The note supposedly said "make Fluttershy cry".

In TV, like much of commercial fiction, a writer's original script is edited like this. This is why writers have a love/hate relationship with editors. It's worse when you are freelance or staff.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie: Yeah! It'll be so amazing! You'll be there on stage, basking in the hooflights! The center of attention! A shining star! Everypony staring at you, judging you, jealously noting how they could be way better than you? Why wasn't it them? Why wasn't it them? And then, when you choke, they'll turn on you, becoming a seething, angry mob, and you'll be horribly humiliated, never able to show your face in Ponyville again!

Pinkie Pie: That was totally unbelievable! I mean, the curtain came up and there you were, singing in front of everypony! And you know, I don't think anypony was jealous, 'cause there certainly wasn't an angry mob! But it must have been horrible standing there on stage, all eyes glued directly on you! It's like you were living your own personal worst nightmare!

Pinkie Pie: Lost his voice and the title!

(you know, when Pinkie flaunts her victory to Big Mac in an unsportmanship way?)

Yeah. Hated the episode.

I guess I tried to forget everything she said because I don't remember all that.

But OK I understand ;)

• Brohoof 2

I never thought is was bullying because Pinkie Pie was just being ridiculous, which she admitted too, and if anything I feel as though Fluttershy would have been crying from the pressure put under her, if anything it was best to voice the two sides of the argument or Fluttershy would have still been insecure but since both the fact that she had no reason to be frightened and that there were a lot of ponies watching which would be intimidating. And I think it was a decent representation of Pinkie's character perhaps not really knowing the boundaries and wanting to lighten the mood. I also believe that if anything Fluttershy broke down because her friends (all of them) were pressuring her to do something out of her comfort zone.

At least that was the impression I got from the episode.   

Because she was a mean-spirited (and dare I say STUPID!) asshole with no objectively good reason for her actions. She knows very well how sensitive Fluttershy is based on what she said to Dash in Griffin the Brush Off; she, too, is a very sensitive character. When she intimidated Fluttershy the first time, it was bad enough. But when she acted like a sore winner to Big Mac and then repeated the same viciousness to Fluttershy, it makes Pinkie look idiotic and vindictive. Two traits that contradict her ENTIRE morale.

It wasn't just a few seconds. They were spread apart, artificially created conflict, and really interfered in the story. Because of Pinkie, the episode's factually one of season four's worst. Cut her out entirely, and the episode would've easily eclipsed Dragonshy in quality and be a million times better.
  • Brohoof 6

I love how people are incapable of comprehending that sometimes everyone is not going to act based on their best behavior always,and yes this also applies to characters in TV's shows that actually have character. 

It boggles my mind that alot of people think it was so OOC for Pinkie in that moment,that it shocks them to no end,yet if i were to take you,put you in a 22min show constantly over time,i am sure that at some point you are going to act OOC. 

Pinkie isn't perfect,nobody is. Get off her case about a few seconds of over dramatic writing of Pinkie,and focus on the other idk; hundreds of minutes of non making poor Futters cry writing of Pinkie.

Seriously my friends,get a grip,pull yourself up,and get over it. 

M'kay?

32374__safe_pinkie-pie_fluttershy_animat

(edited)

This is much more than just "making Fluttershy cry". She was acting as if she had absolutely no social skills, and the way she played directly to Fluttershy's known character flaw casts her in an extremely negative light that is just beyond her character. That's not even the worst part.

She is repeatedly shut up by her friends throughout the episode, and this has no effect on her behavior for the duration. We would expect these characters to learn from these kinds of situations and change their behavior accordingly, not needing to have the lesson beaten into them.

What I can't wrap my head around is the fact that this came right after "Pinkie Pride", and from the same writer, too. It has been a constant flaw in Season 4's weaker outings to treat characters as plot devices and to play certain situations up for comedy when they should have been taken seriously. Just before this, we saw a Pinkie that knew to restrain herself when she knew she was hurting rather than helping a friend.

This should've been dampened by having Pinkie Pie learn her lesson after maybe one minor out of character moment. But for it to be a constant running gag where a fully-realized character is treated as a comic device at another's misfortune is wrong, and the writing staff should really take a look at this one next time.

I love how people are incapable of comprehending that sometimes everyone is not going to act based on their best behavior always,and yes this also applies to characters in TV's shows that actually have character. 

It boggles my mind that alot of people think it was so OOC for Pinkie in that moment,that it shocks them to no end,yet if i were to take you,put you in a 22min show constantly over time,i am sure that at some point you are going to act OOC. 

Pinkie isn't perfect,nobody is. Get off her case about a few seconds of over dramatic writing of Pinkie,and focus on the other idk; hundreds of minutes of non making poor Futters cry writing of Pinkie.

Seriously my friends,get a grip,pull yourself up,and get over it. 

We expect Pinkie to not be perfect or else she'd be a Mary Sue, but character flaws are one thing, and being out of character is another thing entirely. Pinkie Pie being stubborn and inflexible when she forgets one lesson she learned was Season 1 stuff that she's over by now, as demonstrated in "Pinkie Pride".

Don't compare an episode from a TV show to an event in real life. This episode is one event, edited together to have a beginning, middle, and end. Real life is a much longer and less-clear process. Of course you'll get 22 minutes of out-of-character stuff if you did do that.

This was not a few seconds. This is an entire episode.

For one character to act insufferably condescending in a show for kids and to get stuck in that cycle without due reparation, especially when this character is supposed to be a protagonist, is concerning considering the normal style of the show, its reputation, and the impressionability of the audience. From professional writers, we have to expect the best, but assume mistakes and correct them when they happen.

Sure, it's over, and the episode is out. There's nothing that can be done except to bring it to attention so that this doesn't happen again.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 4