Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Would The U.S. React to the Discovery of Equestria?

spezzzzzhdafuigb

Okay, so lets get this started. Let's just say there's some Black Mesa-esque lab in America (because thats where everything happens), but instead of the Resonance Cascade happening, they opened a portal to Equestria. Humans who go through will still be humans(no reverse EG magic, this is science) and now the government is trying to figure out what to do. It is still a secret from the public. Would the secret get out(of course it will because otherwise there would be no fun ^_^ )? What would the government do? Peace or War? What would the general public do if the secret got out? What would YOU do? What do you think Equestria would do? This is from a global and national scale, down to personal scale. Just an interesting topic for me and I want to see what you guys's scenarios would be. 

post-23795-0-63550000-1392582545.jpg

Edited by Cheesythumbs

The government would keep this discovery a secret, they are known for keeping a lot of things classified as a secret. The United States would ask themselves why they are in a world that was supposed to be fictional in a Saturday morning cartoon, the ponies in Equestria have to think of a plan to see how to handle this.

That's how I see it.

tumblr_ljubxnFpwZ1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 2

Global scale: World piece and monopolistic exploitation of portals to Equestria.

National scale: The president would be like "where are the launch codes?" and the general public wouldnt find out.

Personal scale: Would go there instead of getting high.

• Brohoof 2

Obama: "Ponies? Unicorns? Pegasus? Alicorns? They're tech is as good as medieval with a hint of advanced entertainment? As well as golden armor!?" 

Gov: "Yessir."

Obama: "Well let's meet them and spread the ideas of Obamacare and get some gold! Claim their land for our own! They can't be as good as us!"

*Starts war with them and Equestria wins*

Celestia: "They have been defeated and yet some of them know us almost perfectly? Do not harm them. We'll share our world with theirs. Spread our Love & Tolerance diplomacy. We don't need another war with an advanced race that we've been watching over."

Luna: "Of course sister. Dost thou want us to keep it clean?"

Celestia: "Keep it slow. It will take time for those who want chaos and death to understand our ways."

Luna: "What if they refuse?"

Celestia: "You know what to do with those."

Luna: *Nods and goes to Earth and makes it happy and peaceful there as humans and ponies live together in peace*

THE END!

Edited by Wolframite
  • Brohoof 1

All government conspiracies aside it wouldn't just be the US who would react. If another world, such as Equestria, were proven to exist it would change the face of science forever. Especially if it's a world filled with magic like Equestria. It could mean a great many things but diplomatic relations are generally the first step one would think they'd take.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

Global scale: World piece and monopolistic exploitation of portals to Equestria.

National scale: The president would be like "where are the launch codes?" and the general public wouldnt find out.

Personal scale: Would go there instead of getting high.

Pretty much how I see it!

Maybe pony magic can protect against nukes and general enslavement by humans but I kinda doubt it :x!

It's a shame as I think there is a lot we could learn from a world like equestria if it ever existed and we discovered it!

• Brohoof 2

I shall volunteer to be on whatever unit is deploying to equestria. I go AWOL to live in a cottage with a dick head bunny and fluttershy. (I can't sleep on clouds so rainbow dash is not an option). I will then inform them off our tactics and weapons... Basically James Cameron's ponytar... Avapony.... Deal with it.

• Brohoof 1

Knowing the us goverment, we would probably find oil in equestria, then wage a war on the ponies just to get the oild, the the U.S. goverment would proabaly cover it up saying that the ponies were hostile or something, then CELESTIAL NUKE!!!!!!!!

Does it have oil? Invade that bitch.

Next thing you know, I'm doing foot patrols through Sucarcube Corner.

And I'm wearing knee-pads cause the Sergeant Major is a dick.

I know that CSM what division are you!? jk. lol at uniforms

The portal that leads to it would be insanely heavily guarded. Equstria would be exploited for natural resources, celestia overthrown, a very quick thursday war would deter most ponies from actively fighting against the human occupation. After time though many other portals may open, pone may escape into our world. And they will most likely be turned into a industry, were you can buy and own pone, and the seller does not question your sexual deviancy due to the huge price tag a pony would carry. 

TL;DR "MURRRICA takes over, takes natural resources, kills luna and sun butt, black market starts selling ponies as slaves and pets, some 200 years down the line if they still exist pone rights movement. 

TL;DR part two, basically take what happened to africa during the 1700's and multiply it hundred fold. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'll keep this short. They're probably gonny find some useful material in Equestria (maybe something like in "Avatar", yet again, maybe just pure ol' oil, heck, they'll find SOMETHING). Then they're gonna exploit Equestria. Because come on. Even with all magic in Equestria, you can't stop some good ol' nukes.

PS. I would NOT like this to happen, it's just my prediction :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Oh geeze, I think the first thing they would do is get a top secret military team consisting of Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, and Christopher Judge together. Then the next logical step would be grabbing a film crew and begin filming the United States next top Reality Television show.

Stargate: Equestria