Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most-Illogical Arguments You've Ever Heard

Castle Bleck

That Twilight is not best pony.

... What? That's perfectly illogical... Okay fine he's another.

That Bronies are all homosexual or that they have some sort of sexual orientation towards horses just because they watch My Little Pony. -_-  Honestly that is the most stupidest argument ever.

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 8

That Twilight is not best pony.

... What? That's perfectly illogical... Okay fine he's another.

That Bronies are all homosexual or that they have some sort of sexual orientation towards horses just because they watch My Little Pony. -_-  Honestly that is the most stupidest argument ever.

To be fair we are a pretty "gay" bunch ;)

• Brohoof 5

I dunno if I'd consider it totally illogical but yesterday I was arguing with someone about whether a game I liked was better than another game series and they said this:

"If 10,000 gamers took a vote on it I guarantee over 80% would put a [theirgame] over [mygame] therefore [theirgame] is factually better. This is not opinion, this is fact."

Let's ignore the fact that it's impossible for something to be factually better just because a subjective majority is made for [theirgame] and move on to the part where we're supposed to assume that these are 10,000 arbitrarily chosen people have all had the same experience with the two franchises. Assuming they had all even played it the other game series is far more omnipresent simply because it's still being made...a lot. My game series hasn't had a game since 2007 and the particular game I was talking about is over fifteen years old. Of course people are gonna not only remember but put the more recent game in a ranking list above a game they maybe played once years ago.

He made it sound like I'm not allowed to think that my game is better simply because I'm completely and utterly outvoted. Last I checked majority in subjectivity does not equal truth or righteousness.

So it's not totally illogical but it doesn't prove anything one way or the other. It also really pissed me off that this happens every single time I say something to this person. He acts like I can't think the way I do and somehow takes EVERYTHING I say as a statement of pure unadulterated fact. I shouldn't have to say "in my opinion" for someone to understand that it is an opinion.

• Brohoof 3

I dunno if I'd consider it totally illogical but yesterday I was arguing with someone about whether a game I liked was better than another game series and they said this:

"If 10,000 gamers took a vote on it I guarantee over 80% would put a [theirgame] over [mygame] therefore [theirgame] is factually better. This is not opinion, this is fact."

Let's ignore the fact that it's impossible for something to be factually better just because a subjective majority is made for [theirgame] and move on to the part where we're supposed to assume that these are 10,000 arbitrarily chosen people have all had the same experience with the two franchises. Assuming they had all even played it the other game series is far more omnipresent simply because it's still being made...a lot. My game series hasn't had a game since 2007 and the particular game I was talking about is over fifteen years old. Of course people are gonna not only remember but put the more recent game in a ranking list above a game they maybe played once years ago.

He made it sound like I'm not allowed to think that my game is better simply because I'm completely and utterly outvoted. Last I checked majority in subjectivity does not equal truth or righteousness.

So it's not totally illogical but it doesn't prove anything one way or the other. It also really pissed me off that this happens every single time I say something to this person. He acts like I can't think the way I do and somehow takes EVERYTHING I say as a statement of pure unadulterated fact. I shouldn't have to say "in my opinion" for someone to understand that it is an opinion.

No one thinks very rationally when they're frustrated, which means you must've really got on his nerves! XD

You'd assume so but he was in control of that entire conversation. I couldn't say anything edgewise without him shooting it down. By the end I had to be the one to say "if that's how it really works then fuck reality"

That made me the illogical one but whatever. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

The argument that Pinkie Pie is not the best pony.

A few I've heard, mostly from the typical people you meet on Youtube, include:

• Electro music originates from the UK, because the UK invented computers. (wat)

• "If evolution were true, you would have half-dog half-cat animals running around because they always live with each other." (even more wat)

• 3D printers are immoral, because you could print more 3D printers and cause devastating deflation. (the most wat)
  • Brohoof 5

There are asexual bronies? XD

Oh yeah, hey there :P

'But it's not natural!' ...you tweet from your microcomputer you keep in your clothes while sailing at 30,000 feet in an airplane.

'Thats how it's always been done!'

'They aren't people!'

'The government!'

"My religion considers homosexuality immoral, therefore gay marriage should be illegal despite the fact that no one will force my church to perform gay marriage ceremonies if they don't want to."

If you don't believe that gay marriage should be legal, that's your business, but when you spend time and money petitioning the government and challenging gay-marriage laws because you want everyone else to live by the tenets of your religion, that is not only illogical, it's just annoying.

• Brohoof 8

"Think of the Children!"

also in terms of MLP I once saw this guy try to say that because watching MLP is not publicly accepted and that raping babies is not publicly accepted, watching MLP is therefore equal to raping babies.

It didn't seem like he was joking either...

Edited by Flakk
  • Brohoof 3