Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Elaborate Meal You've Made

PeachPalette

I work in a restaurant so... Yeah XD.

But on my own the most elaborate thing I've made was Two different types of sushi roll with miso soup, ichigo mochi, and green tea. I love Japanese cuisine and I love working with pork tenderloin. I also tend to be quite the cooking buff!

Japanese meal

Roasted pork tenderloin alfredo

Turkey cream soup

• Brohoof 1

I work in a restaurant so... Yeah XD.

But on my own the most elaborate thing I've made was Two different types of sushi roll with miso soup, ichigo mochi, and green tea. I love Japanese cuisine and I love working with pork tenderloin. I also tend to be quite the cooking buff!

Japanese meal

Roasted pork tenderloin alfredo

Turkey cream soup

Mmm! All of that looks delicious! Especially the sushi!

• Brohoof 1

I actually have made something fairly elaborate. It was a breakfast combining scrambled eggs with cheese, Hashbrowns, all put into a bacon weave. It was absolutely terrible O.o, Something went wrong with the hash browns, they were soggy :(. I tried it again a month later and it was really good.

• Brohoof 1

I actually have made something fairly elaborate. It was a breakfast combining scrambled eggs with cheese, Hashbrowns, all put into a bacon weave. It was absolutely terrible O.o, Something went wrong with the hash browns, they were soggy :(. I tried it again a month later and it was really good.

I might have still liked those hash browns. Whenever I used to frequent Waffle House I'd always get my hash browns steamed. I dunno, something about the grease and the crispiness of the potatoes do weird things for my palette. So yep...all your soggy hash browns are belong to me. :)
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, I decided to make a Gordon Ramsay dish - scrambled eggs!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks

Here are my results:

Posted Image

I did not go with sourdough bread - I like my potato bread. I did not bother to toast it either. The eggs did not soggy up the bread at all. It tasted delicious! Honestly, they were the best scrambled eggs I've ever had.

And yes, I did do the tomatoes on the vine and mushrooms. I could not find the capped mushrooms he mentioned but used regular mushrooms instead. This all tasted great together.

Posted Image

I could use a little more practice - for example, I think I could have done a better job cutting up the chives. But, all in all, I am happy with my first attempt. I recommend this video recipe - give it a try!

Ok, I decided to make a Gordon Ramsay dish - scrambled eggs!

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks

Here are my results:

Posted Image

I did not go with sourdough bread - I like my potato bread. I did not bother to toast it either. The eggs did not soggy up the bread at all. It tasted delicious! Honestly, they were the best scrambled eggs I've ever had.

And yes, I did do the tomatoes on the vine and mushrooms. I could not find the capped mushrooms he mentioned but used regular mushrooms instead. This all tasted great together.

Posted Image

I could use a little more practice - for example, I think I could have done a better job cutting up the chives. But, all in all, I am happy with my first attempt. I recommend this video recipe - give it a try!

I'll have to make this for breakfast one morning! It's looks SO good! Looks like you pretty much had breakfast like a boss. ;) Keep cooking! :wub:

I'll have to make this for breakfast one morning! It's looks SO good! Looks like you pretty much had breakfast like a boss. ;) Keep cooking! :wub:

Thanks!! I just have to find more Gordon Ramsay videos with recipes that don't have very rare ingredients or very expensive ingredients, and that don't take hours to make. :)

Thanks!! I just have to find more Gordon Ramsay videos with recipes that don't have very rare ingredients or very expensive ingredients, and that don't take hours to make. :)

Good luck with that! ;)

Personally Ramsay is my hero!

Good luck with that! ;)

Personally Ramsay is my hero!

I think I found one:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSfgIa_hG0&feature=related

Aubergine in the US is simply "eggplant" which is easy to get. In the video, he also talks about finding sour cream. Sour cream in the US is everywhere! Guess creme fraiche is more common in Europe but here in the US that's hard to find and sour cream is not. So, for those of us in the States, this recipe should be easy to do.

• Brohoof 1

You're quite creative in the kitchen! I never come up with things of my own creation, just recipes. I made gingerbread waffles for Christmas breakfast and then were really yummy. I also make sopapilla cheesecake that everyone goes crazy over. Es delicioso pero mucho rico. I suppose I make smoothies without a recipe a lot, but throwing chocolate milk and frozen bananas in a blender is no exactly a new idea. :P

Once I had an Iron chef competition with my housemate. The theme for my entry was egg. I made

- an egg entree with spiced egg yolk - an Ancient Roman snack

- fried rice wrapped in omelette (unfortunately I broke the omelette) - a Malaysian dish

- sweet egg pudding - a Chinese dessert

• 11 years later...

The most elaborate I've ever done for myself was not really a meal, but I tried making crab/cream cheese rangoons myself. They were good but it took a long time for me to grasp how to fold them. :kindness: