Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bushi no Tamashi (A Human Samurai RP) OOC

Samurshy

Main Synopsis

On planet Yami, across the Zarionic Sea; lies a land named Sakoku isolated from every other land by water, and brutal storms. This large crescent-shaped continent was once at peace, governed by an Emperor named Kamimura Jin. Jin was in control of a powerful shogunate. The only enemy Emperor Jin had to worry about was the Oni demons that constantly threatened the civilians of the land. The Oni were in few number since the bloody war 15 years ago; wherein the samurai forces succeeded in defeating the majority of the Oni. Since then the land had been at piece. The Emperor had 2 sons, the eldest: Kamimura Hana, and the youngest separated by 2 years: Kamimura Kurai. 

The benevolent Emperor Jin passed away in year 1246 of the Celestial calender. Leaving his eldest son Hana to take up his mantle. Hana was the more levelheaded, and kind of the children. Even though he presided over most of the decision making, he saw strength in his brother Kurai and dubbed him Shogun in charge of leading the nation's military against the Oni. Kurai was indeed powerful, and did lead a great many campaigns against the Oni in which they mostly always won. Four years later, after coming in contact with a ambassador from Tani (a large unknown island within the crescent of Sakoku), Hana and Kurai leaned of the existence of not only the island but of a race of humans who were cursed by the Oni and therefor were half Oni as well as human. The ambassador came seeking a trade agreement with the nation. Hana, being benevolent, wanted to accept the offer. Even though he was taken aback by the small black horns on the ambassador's head, the Emperor saw only good intention in the ambassador. However, Kurai did not have the same reaction. Kurai, who had spent years fighting Oni, could not overlook the fact that the Tanian's were half Oni. Kurai suggested, in confidence, to his brother, that they not only reject the offer, but launch a full campaign to wipe the Onijin from existence. Hana not only rejected Kurai's offer but forbade Kurai from so much as sending a scout army to Tani. Kurai was furious. He thought his brother weak, but also at the same time, felt a bit betrayed.

Kurai, who had led his armies through many victories was greatly respected amongst his army. So when Kurai staged a coup against Hana, he had the majority of the shogunate at his side. Although Kurai had numbers, Hana had the support of the strongest of the warriors and thus was able to fight survive the initial attack. After a bloody battle, Kurai escaped with thousands of supporters. Kurai's next target was Lord Edo's (the governor, and landkeeper of the easternmost portion of Sakuku) castle. Kurai struck silently during the night with his army, they killed every single person within the castle. Kurai then took over the castle and dubbed himself the emperor of Zetsumei, which was essentially a new name for the eastern half of Sakoku. Even though, amongst the people, there were a few protesters to what had happened, eventially Zetsumei was established as a separate country in Sakoku. 

Not every soldier had left the emperor's side. And, even though Hana did not have the support to launch a counter strike right away, he accepted what happened and began to rebuild what he had left. He named the western half of the nation under his rule Narumi. It took a total of 3 years to rebuild his army, wherein his army started to rival even the Zetsumei army. Hana vowed to bring his brother to justice for betraying the nation and began to prepare his army for war against his brother.

Fast forward to the present, both sides have discovered that the land of Tani has special relics of power (dubbed Taniaku) scattered all over its land. In a race to gain power over the respective side, both sides have launched expeditions sending their most skilled warriors to find one of 22 known Taniaku.

This is where you come in. Create a character under one of the two factions: Narumi, or Zetsumei. Your character can be one of three races: Human, Onijin, or Kyujin.

Race Descriptions 

Humans, are, well, Humans. You are one, so you know exactly what a Human is.

Kyujin were a tribe of humans blessed by the Goddess Kyuhime in ancient times. Kyujin differ from humans in that they have animal ears, tails, and eyes. They can also possess the instincts and senses of animals. Kyujin eventually blended, and are now a part of everyday society. Although often looked down upon because they are a different minority, they possess traits that humans do not. 

Onijin are a race of accursed humans. They were cursed by Zin the dark God of the underworld, the ruler and creator of the Oni demons. They are sometimes hard to spot, because, for the most part, they have no aesthetic differences from humans. Onijin do have small black horns that can poke out of their foreheads. Onijin can voluntarily extend and retract these horns. Onijin possess immense physical strength. Compared to humans, their strength is 4x the average human. However, Onijin tend to be slow, and unintelligent.

Keep in mind that Onijin are condemned by Zetsumei, so if you want to be a Zetsumean Onijin, make a convincing backstory that explains how it is that you fit in with the Zetsumei.

Explanation of Taniaku

Taniaku are objects with divine affinity. They are objects that have been touched by gods or goddesses and therefore possess special abilities. These objects can be almost anything, from a rock, to a necklace. The abilities of each object vary. One object may have the ability to turn the user invisible, whilst another may hold the ability to amplify the physical strength of the user 10 fold. If you have an idea for a Taniaku and want your character to start off with one or find one during the RP tell me or @Pumkin about it. We will discuss it and have the final say on whether or not we allow your character to have it.  

Weapon types

This is technically a samurai roleplay. So please keep all weapons within the confines of traditional Japanese armory. There are no guns in this roleplay, however, there is magic, and other powers.

For example, warriors with enough willpower can use a technique called Soul Forging . Soul Forging is the ability to inject some of one's soul energy into their weapon, effectively transforming that weapon and giving it different attributes than a normal weapon. A Soul Forging is unique to the user and so what the soul forging does to the weapon is completely up to you, Example would be, a Soul Forged bow could shoot arrow's that home-in on a target. Or could shoot elemental arrows. 

Also there is legitimate magic. You can have your character specialize in casting spells as well. If need be, I will write out a description of how the magic system works in this universe.

Characters

Narumi (FULL)
1. ((Main Shogun General)) Arashi Akage (My character) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/arashi-akage-zeke-redsteele-r5829
2. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Katsuko Natsuki (Dawnpath) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/katsuko-natsuki-r5883
3. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Kaito Ikazawa (Ampharos) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kaito-ikazawa-r5887
4. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Fenikku (TheBreech) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/fenikku-r5913
5. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Shiho Ohara (Yarne) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/shiho-ohara-r5920
Zetsumei (ONE SLOT REMAINING)
1. ((Main Shogun General)) Saigo Fuzen (Pumkin) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kumori-fuzen-r5791
2. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Akira Sakurai (Azura) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/akira-sakurai-r5889 
3. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Tora Kenpachi (ragestar) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/tora-kenpachi-r5891
4. ((Undisclosed position within the Shogunate)) Isamu Shimanaka (LOLINKLOL) http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/isamu-shimanaka-r5912

Rules
1.Standard RP rules, no godmodding, no flaming, etc.
2. Pumkin and I have the final word in everything. If you do not listen to our directions, we will kindly ask you to leave our RP. Pumkin is the co-captain of this roleplay and his word is just as much law as mine. 
3. Please for the love of sweet Celestia, do not use obscure fictional references when creating your OC. No BLATANT pony references, no Sonic the Hedgehog references, etc. CREATE AN ORIGINAL CHARCTER.
4. You must be, for the most part, grammatically and syntactically literate. Please, this is a serious roleplay. If your posts are completely butchered, and look like you downed four bottles of wiskey before writing them, we will ask you to leave.   
5. Post all OOC responses in this OOC. If need be, I will create a private message for all those involved in the roleplay, but for now, all out of character statements should be posted http://mlpforums.com/topic/89558-bushi-no-tamashi/.
6. Please attempt to create your character with a Japanese name. This is a samurai RP and we want to adhere as closely to Japanese authenticity as possible.

Reply to this OOC if you wish to apply to our RP. Post your OC, and Pumkin and I will inspect it. If the backstory adheres to all of our rules, we will allow you to join. 

LINK TO THE ROLEPLAY CAN BE FOUND HERE

Edited by Phoenix Flare

Revisions to original OOC post have been made. Ampharos, what side do you wish to be on, so that I can reserve a spot for you? 

I'm going to make a character at some point, just posting to show I'm interested.

Edited by Phoenix Flare

This looks awesome! Here's a link to my character!

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/tora-kenpachi-r5891

Character seems solid. Although, to expand on Soul Forging. A Soul Forged weapon isn't something you possess. Soul Forging is an ability used on a weapon that transforms the weapon into a special version of itself. The weapon reverts back to it's original state after the user stops using the technique or runs out of soul energy/will power to keep the technique sustained. 

Character seems solid. Although, to expand on Soul Forging. A Soul Forged weapon isn't something you possess. Soul Forging is an ability used on a weapon that transforms the weapon into a special version of itself. The weapon reverts back to it's original state after the user stops using the technique or runs out of soul energy/will power to keep the technique sustained. 

Oh, ok! I get it now, it's like a zanpokto in the anime Bleach. It has a release form, and a base form...clever! Should I elaborate on here, or on my OC's page?

Oh, ok! I get it now, it's like a zanpokto in the anime Bleach. It has a release form, and a base form...clever! Should I elaborate on here, or on my OC's page?

Kind of like that, except not. The way it works is, a warrior has will power, his soul. He injects his soul into a medium. This medium can be any weapon. The weapon isn't special. The warrior can literally pick up any weapon off the battlefield and soul forge it. Your own energy transforms the weapon into a special weapon. So the attributes would be different for every weapon type. Like, say your energy that soul forges a sword makes a sword of flame. Well if you soul forged a bow with the same soul energy, the ability may be different. The soul forge is unique to the person as well as unique to the medium that is used. It's honestly more along the lines of Shaman King.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of like that, except not. The way it works is, a warrior has will power, his soul. He injects his soul into a medium. This medium can be any weapon. The weapon isn't special. The warrior can literally pick up any weapon off the battlefield and soul forge it. Your own energy transforms the weapon into a special weapon. So the attributes would be different for every weapon type. Like, say your energy that soul forges a sword makes a sword of flame. Well if you soul forged a bow with the same soul energy, the ability may be different. The soul forge is unique to the person as well as unique to the medium that is used. It's honestly more along the lines of Shaman King.

Like Soul Calibur, except not permanent or weapon specific.

• Brohoof 1

Like Soul Calibur, except not permanent or weapon specific.

I don't know much about SC, but I suppose. 

Alright, I was going to make his soul forge ability flame-to-weapon manipulation anyway, so this kinda freaked me out when you mentioned it...

Eh, that is what I  normally have for my characters. But also, I kind of assumed so, because, well, you did mention he had a fiery temper and you have Natsu as your avatar and signature. It wasn't that much of a wild guess.

NEWS ON BUSHI NO TAMASHI

We have just about enough people to start, but I have a friend from my Skype group that wishes to join. I am going to wait a day or two for him to complete his character sheet and then create the first post. 

• Brohoof 4

Being friends with someone doesn't belong in the "Personality" section.

Anyway @, now that we're all ready, can you start it off with your famous 2000 word posts?

I'll edit it later. I wasn't sure the formatting was incredibly important. I just figured it would be a good place to note that our two characters get along well in the personality section.

Mind if I join? http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/fenikku-r5913

My OC is an Onijin so after trying to join the Zetsumi at a few small bases, eventually got that they were going to keep attacking him.So he decided the Narumi were a better choice, and hoped they'd overlook him trying to join their enemies and just notice that he leveled chunks of the previously mentioned bases.

Thanks in advance for reading this and I hope to RP with you soon.

Edited by TheBreech

My OC is an Onijin so Narumi is going to be my faction. Thanks in advance for reading this and I hope to RP with you soon.

Even though I am not the one who approves of your OC, I'll just leave my comments and suggestions regarding your OC.

First of all, your OC is lacking a first/last name. The Appearance section is somewhat lacking and does not provide a specific height, while the Personality section is definitely not detailed enough and isn't really detailed.

Having a weapon that cannot be blocked or parried is kind of overpowered in a way as well so you might wanna remove that detail to avoid a chance of disapproval from the GMs of this roleplay.

Even though I am not the one who approves of your OC, I'll just leave my comments and suggestions regarding your OC.

First of all, your OC is lacking a first/last name. The Appearance section is somewhat lacking and does not provide a specific height, while the Personality section is definitely not detailed enough and isn't really detailed.

Having a weapon that cannot be blocked or parried is kind of overpowered in a way as well so you might wanna remove that detail to avoid a chance of disapproval from the GMs of this roleplay.

These seem like fair critiques. I'll fill in those details of his personality and appearance.

As for his name and weapon, I'd like to offer an explanation and if you're still having doubts, I'll fix it.

I'll clarify, Fenikku is in self imposed exile so he has relinquished him original name for the title Fenikku or Phoenix.

As for his weapon, since it's not a solid form, it can neither block or be blocked. I can also go in and add that he can't cut with it (only burn) unless he solidifies it, thus making it blockable. I expect I'll be patching him up a lot, simply because it's officially morning now and I haven't slept yet, so I'll edit it now then take another look tomorrow.

Edited by TheBreech

These seem like fair critiques. I'll fill in those details of his personality and appearance.

As for his name and weapon, I'd like to offer an explanation and if you're still having doubts, I'll fix it.

I'll clarify, Fenikku is in self imposed exile so he has relinquished him original name for the title Fenikku or Phoenix.

As for his weapon, since it's not a solid form, it can neither block or be blocked. I can also go in and add that he can't cut with it (only burn) unless he solidifies it, thus making it blockable. I expect I'll be patching him up a lot, simply because it's officially morning now and I haven't slept yet, so I'll edit it now then take another look tomorrow.

So basically the attack can be blocked both when it's in solid and non-solid form right? Because since it's just fire, it cannot penetrate a solid object which means it'll temporarily break if you attempt to slice past something.

My OC is an Onijin so after trying to join the Zetsumi at a few small bases, eventually got that they were going to keep attacking him.So he decided the Narumi were a better choice, and hoped they'd overlook him trying to join their enemies and just notice that he leveled chunks of the previously mentioned bases.

Thanks in advance for reading this and I hope to RP with you soon.

A few things. Azura wasn't exactly correct in the naming process. The way I see it, the onijin are a lot more tribal and a lot less intellectual than other races. That being said, one name should be fine. Kind of like Sten the Kunari from Dragon Age. 

In reference to "A massive sword of fire that can't be blocked." I personally do not have a problem with it, as long as it consumes a massive amount of soul energy to use, thus is only sustainable for a short period. Just because something isn't blockable doesn't mean it isn't dodgeable. Though, I am assuming that when you say that it is unblockable you are referring to parrying with a sword. There is magic in this RP and a magic barrier should be able to hold up against a soul forged weapon.   

Azura is right in the fact that you do need to add more description. Tall isn't really a fleshed out aesthetic description. Actually state how tall he is, in feet'inch" format.

Edited by Phoenix Flare
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, I sorted most of these out but I need some sleep so if there are any more problems, I'll fix them tomorrow.

Btw, I promise, I am not normally this poorly set up, I'm just really tired right now.

Edited by TheBreech