Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Basketball fans ?

NightOwl

Hey all, 

Are any of you into NBA Basketball or play Basketball ? 

Just wondering because I recently got into the sport I think my favourite NBA team right now are the Atlanta Hawks :D

Have you got a favourite team ? 

I'm from Boston. In New England, you root for all 4 pro teams, because that's just the way it's done. :D So I'm a big Celtics fan. Too bad we suck right now... :(

I only play basketball casually now.

EDIT: Did you become a Hawks fan because of the game they played in London?

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be a Chicago Bulls fan in the late 90's because some of the good players that were on there.  As of 2001, I defected to Miami Heat, however, I don't watch it as much, b/c it has gotten a little boring, if you think about it, ;/

I like basketball as a sport, but I can't stand the NBA. Some of the rules are ridiculous (carrying, anyone?), the referees are terrible, and the monopoly around LeBron James and certain other players is annoying. I also hate the playoff system.

Yes I love basketball. The first game I went to in several years was last year January. The team playing was the Atlanta Hawks and the Brooklyn Nets. Brooklyn won. My favorite team is Brooklyn because of their point guard Deron Williams and because I live in Brooklyn, New York. Just don't talk to me about Miami because I feel like everybody is going for that team because of Lebron. 

As for playing basketball, I do. The school team has practice every Tuesday and Friday and we have games on Wednesday's (wish me luck tomorrow) and occasional Fridays.

• Brohoof 1

I only got into basketball about a year ago since one of my best friends is a huge fan of it. I've never been to any games, but I occasionally play some exhibition games with my friends every other week; I also plan on joining my friends spring basketball team, so it'll be a fun new experience (Too bad I can't play very well).

For the NBA, my favorite teams include the Spurs, Pacers, Warriors and the Timberwolves.    

• Brohoof 1

I've been a Phoenix Suns fan since I was 4 years old (1993). My first basketball memory is watching the 1993 NBA Finals, Suns vs. Bulls. Even though we lost, it was still a magnificent sports moment. One of the best sports moments in the entire 20th century.

I do agree with whoever said the NBA has declined in recent years, but the Steve Nash era for the Suns was still very nice. Perhaps one day, the championship will be ours.

I played one season of kiddie basketball when I was in elementary school but we were so lousy that I didn't bother to continue. I'll still shoot hoops with anyone that wants me to, however.

• Brohoof 1

I inevitably grew up with some basketball culture in my home. I'm 6'5" and both of my older brothers are as tall as I am or taller. Or rather they were when I was in highschool. They both played for the local highschool teams, but I never did because I never felt sports-inclined.

My eldest brother appeared to have the greatest sports aptitude and can still play really well, but the other brother's team once made it 12th in the A-A-A Highschool Provincial Championships I think in 2005. But my main knowledge of basketball came through that same brother buying and playing the dang out of NBA Street Vol.2 for Playstation 2.

That way I learned all the names that were important, like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and all those greats.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

It's been a year since I last posted, and I still hold the same views as I did previously, for the most part.

I still follow my team (The Cavaliers) by watching a game every now and then, and I generally watch the highlights to most games. But man, the NBA's parity is awful. I'm still not a fan of the playoff system, as too many teams get in, creating too many drawn-out series. However I will say, watching Cavs games has been a lot more exciting since LeBron came back home. The last 4 years without him have been a nightmare to watch.