technology I realize that the YouTube comments section is that bad

Smashboi7

so recently I've been looking at a pony music video when I realized the comments were actually nice and it was very strange like one of the conversations was I think this is best video ever for some guy said I disagree that guy replied back well everybody has different opinions and then they just move on with their life that's what the whole internet should be but its not sadly

What do you think about the youtube comments?

Edited by SCS
Added further content to promote discussion.
  • Brohoof 1

Yup......happens a lot, not only to pony music videos, as you mentioned, but almost everywhere you go....there will most likely be comments were is just absolute damnation. Just look at the console wars, its a firestorm of horrific comments.  Its a shame though, but what can we. 

"9 people chose Charmander as their starter"

Yeah, that got old lol The comments section has always been shitty. Only recently was the shittiness intensified

• Brohoof 2

That's why I always have the comment section disabled. Can't stand the mess I see in it.

I saw something similar though where there was a heated argument but one person accepted that the user had valid points and moved on, to the surprise of everyone.

Sadly YouTube is a cesspool of hate and ignorance that at first made me think ALL of the internet was this way including bronies but after finding a different website that uses an independent video player I found not a single hate comment at all

(edited)

Youtube comments are this weird thing that can showcase the absolute best, or absolute worst of humanity depending the video and situation. As far as ponies go, just avoid drawing the ire of Friendship is Witchcraft fans. They tend to consider it a sacred cow and react very badly to criticism of either it or Sherclop's actions.

Edited by Shoboni

It is quite a mess at times, there are good comments that exist, but some are just downright disgusting.

That's one thing can be discouraging about being on YouTube, and considering i'm planning to try YouTube again those hateful comments are at the bottom of my list of things i'm excited for on YouTube.

But there are nice people and comments on YouTube, they just get buried by hateful ones a lot of times.

(edited)

As someone who's online home has basically been YouTube since 2006, I love it and I enjoy reading the comments. Always have.

Edited by Rivendare

Am I the only one who finds the comment section hilarious?

My buddies and I always send eachother the most idiotic or funny comments we find and we have a blast with it.

They're okay, but they get out of hand, real fast.

Which is why I don't comment often.

If you enjoy sane, constructive conversation and wish not to see just how moronic, ignorant and hateful people can be; avoiding YouTube comments is step #1.

There's plenty of good Youtube comments. No idea where this idea that everyone seem's to have is coming from that Youtube comments are significantly worse than other site's comments.

When I was younger I used to have arguments with people in the YouTube comments section.

Like, I remember posting a Teen Titans slideshow set to a song by The Goo Goo Dolls and this person commented on it and said that my pictures were stupid. I started arguing with her, "well why did you watch the video" and she was like, "cuz the song is cool but the pictures are so dumb you shouldn't have posted these stupid pictures with the song they ruin it" and it just kept spiraling downwards.

I still hate that bitch.

(actually I don't, I don't even know her, I just like how dramatic that sounds lol)

Do you know you Youtube needs?  A team of good moderators.  Not that I'm tooting my horn about my recent promotion or anything.  :P 

That's what happens when you have a no-rules, anything goes posting environment (although the most offensive remarks are subject to removal or downvoting into oblivion).  Every now and then we hear complaints that MLP Forums is overmoderated.  No moderated site is perfect, but just take a look at the alternative.  ;)

When I was younger I used to have arguments with people in the YouTube comments section.

Like, I remember posting a Teen Titans slideshow set to a song by The Goo Goo Dolls and this person commented on it and said that my pictures were stupid. I started arguing with her, "well why did you watch the video" and she was like, "cuz the song is cool but the pictures are so dumb you shouldn't have posted these stupid pictures with the song they ruin it" and it just kept spiraling downwards.

I still hate that bitch.

(actually I don't, I don't even know her, I just like how dramatic that sounds lol)

Damn...

I hate them so much... there's perverts on there including... People's names on comments (Highlighted with red) and the comments themselves (Highlighted with blue)!

Now here is a picture i replied to, with a gross name.

WARNING! DO NOT OPEN!

oKby7A6.png

Damn...

I hate them so much... there's perverts on there including... People's names on comments (Highlighted with red) and the comments themselves (Highlighted with blue)!

Now here is a picture i replied to, with a gross name.

WARNING! DO NOT OPEN!

img-2361165-1-oKby7A6.png

LOL what's wrong with people?

(it's not that gross of a name... but it is inappropriate and why in the world would someone name themselves that?)

That's the reason i put the comment "Change your Username, dumbass!"

I figured. :)

Unfortunately I am not sure if people who lack common sense will listen to people with common sense. Hard to tell on the Internet.