Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could it be? Are 'creative Bronies' taking advantage of advertising on YouTube?

Sholem Itzhak

I was just playing around on YouTube, when I saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDu8ShIXDO4) as a YouTube advertisement (you know, those videos that play as ad’s before the video you want to watch starts, which sometimes gives you the option to skit to the main video after a couple of seconds). :wacko:

Could it be that ‘creative Bronies’ are taking advantage of this to spread their work on the world? :D

How would you like to see more Ponies in YouTube advertisements (and perhaps in other places on YouTube as well; such as those little clickable ads that appear toward the bottom of a video while it’s being played)? B)

@@Sholem Itzhak,

what's the problem? if they do good animations/art why can't they earn money with a you tube partenrship? all of my respect to them

Because they're basing their work off of something that is copyright material. In that case, shouldn't some portion of the profits made from ad revenue go back to Hasbro? It's a bit of a grey area.

• Brohoof 1

what's the problem? if they do good animations/art why can't they earn money with a you tube partenrship? all of my respect to them

This thread is about people spending money to advertise their video on YouTube, not earning something from the ads shown on their own videos. :)

The main issue I'd see with such is sustaining it - buying a little exposure can become very addictive, and I'd hope that anyone who's shelling out cash to drive attention to their work has a plan to get a return on their investment, and maintaining financial sustainability for fan projects isn't always easy. It is unfortunate that there are people out there who are deeply opposed to the notion of creators earning something from their passions, and feel that it's wrong to get money from something more fun and engaging than retail work.

But if those paying for the ads are at least able to break even, I certainly won't mind seeing more poni on YouTube. :DPsst... there are upsides to not using ad blockers...

• Brohoof 1

@@Feld0,

FANMADE_facehoof_2x_combo.png

i am an idiot.. i missunderstood everything... my fault.... that will teach me to not reply at 1 am.... sorry all guys

(and since you are here feld0, how the hell can i donate to the forum trough paypall? i saw just the subscription button but not do donate only one time! can you pls link me? thx!)

• Brohoof 1

(and since you are here feld0, how the hell can i donate to the forum trough paypall? i saw just the subscription button but not do donate only one time! can you pls link me? thx!)

You can find our donation form right on the front page, under the birthdays. :)

7bbYY.png

• Brohoof 1

You realize that the fastest selling book in history '50 shades of grey' was originally

a Twilight fan fiction right?

The difference is that book is trash but some of the fan works from MLP are actually pretty good,

especially the music.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but they could run into an issue if they use copyrighted music or sounds. Even the characters as far as advertisements goes seems a little questionable but if they aren't selling their product and just trying to get people to their channel, I think it's fine.

I am a creative brony, but I do not make pony content. I do gaming right now and I am working on my first EDM track. Once I get a bit of an audience and start making some money by partnering N4Gtv, I will probably run a few ad campaigns to bring me more viewers. Of course, I will make it some sort of epic music-synced mashup using an original track, not just a video. But that is to worry about in maybe a year.