Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

I love Apple Bloom.  I really do.  But this is starting to turn into a pony eat pony tournament and I have to vote for who I believe to be the best pony in my heart.  :blush:

Please remember to vote for Fluttershy and that is not an April Fools' joke.  ;)

• Brohoof 6

Now I'm not saying Rarity not winning is a bad thing, but what I am saying is that Rarity not winning is a testament to our failure as a species and I wouldn't be surprised if a higher power just decided to Noah's Ark 2.0 the whole bloodied planet as a result.

Don't let the planet get Noah's Ark 2.0'd and switch to DirectTV.

• Brohoof 2

Now I'm not saying Rarity not winning is a bad thing, but what I am saying is that Rarity not winning is a testament to our failure as a species and I wouldn't be surprised if a higher power just decided to Noah's Ark 2.0 the whole bloodied planet as a result.

Don't let the planet get Noah's Ark 2.0'd and switch to DirectTV.

Don't worry God promised never to flood the world again. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fluttershy Corps, mail this one in and punch the tickets! She's the first one in the Final Four, and it's blowout city!

post-13366-0-45460000-1396432608.gif

As you can see, Flutters is overjoyed. She's not the only one, though. I want to make this crystal clear: each and every one of you has simply been...

She couldn't have done it without all of you, being fantastic.  ;) 

Savor this rout, though... because it might just be the last one. For the whole tournament. For anyone. This has set up perfectly to be the best finish in the tournament's three year history. Much better than the first one (when the bracket was stacked and most of the best characters were already out at this point) and better than last year (when Rainbow Dash was just stupidly unbeatable). Six matches remain: Purplesmart vs. Whitebeauty. The Ashleigh Ball Showdown. Pinkie vs. Derpy. And then the survivors, along with Yellowquiet, face each other in three final contests for all the marbles. Maybe someone will surprise me and get a blowout win in that group of matches, but I'd say there's a good chance that every single one of them is decided by fewer than ten votes.

Fans, get your popcorn ready. Participants, brace yourselves, because here's your competition.

Twilight Sparkle: Doesn't seem to have many outspoken boosters in the comments, yet she beat Scootaloo by 44 votes in the last round. Oh, also worth mentioning: she made it to the Final Four last year.

Rainbow Dash: Defending champ, and CRUSHED Twi and Pinkie to win it all. Seriously, there was no drama last year at all. Dashie might not have that kind of unstoppable wave of support this time, but she probably doesn't need it. (A 40 vote cushion gives you some margin for error. XD)

Pinkie Pie: Won it all two years ago and made it to the final match last year. What more needs to be said? She's always a solid bet to advance. She even managed to beat Sweetie Belle by a double digit margin, and this year that's saying something.

Fluttershy: Only assured Final Four participant at this point, and blew out Luna and Apple Bloom to get there. The heartbreaking losses of years past now seem like ancient history; the Fluttershy Corps is energized like never before. Oppose at your own risk.

Applejack: Knocked off Derpy last year and came within one vote of upsetting Twilight in the Elite Eight. Got a somewhat favorable draw to get to this point, but if anything she looks like an even tougher out this time around.

Rarity: Forget about Dashie knocking her out in the Sweet 16 last year. Rarity has AT LEAST the second most outspoken fans on this board, if not THE most. No surprise, then, that she's on a hot streak, beating the likes of Spike and Sombra by MORE THAN 50 VOTES EACH. Nothing more needs to be said; you REALLY don't want to be on her side of the bracket right now.

Derpy: Needs no introduction, though I'm sure @@Batbrony would be more than happy to give you one. And with him in her corner, Derpy is not to be taken lightly. AJ fans can tell you from experience, she won't go down without putting up an incredible fight first. And she might not go down at all this time.

These should be simply EPIC showdowns. I'm talking pulse-pounding, white-knuckle, lead-with-your-BFG-cuz-there's-no-tomorrow brawls. Anything less than your A-game, and you'll be out.

Us Fluttershy fans are fortunate to have a few days to rest and savor today's win. But come Saturday, we'd better be back and ready to be at our most awesome. Fortunately, with @@@Sterling Crimson@, and @@Wingnut (among others) on board, I go in knowing that I have some of the best teammates around. No worries here; we'll be ready.

Everypony else? Get your game faces on now.

post-13366-0-36849800-1396439282.gif

Edited by Bhending the Rules
  • Brohoof 7

I sure got mah game face on @Bhending the Rules! I may have been turned down by the best Fluttershy I know, but that doesn't matter! The Fluttershies in the world are amazing people with amazing hearts inside, and that's what drives me to love Fluttershy pony all the more!

Advance Fluttershy corps! :D

the_peace_corps_by_puzzle_of_life-d41z6m

• Brohoof 4

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS - WEST REGION ELITE EIGHT

(2) Fluttershy spanks the blank flank (5) Apple Bloom 67-41 to advance to the FINAL FOUR!

Fluttershy vs. Apple Bloom = Florida vs. Dayton. The more well-rounded and prominent Fluttershy team flexed their muscle to take out the upstart Cinderella Apple Bloom

Today's Matchup:

MANE SIX UNICORN ALICORN (thanks M.A. Larson) VS. UNICORN BATTLE!!

SOLDIERS OF GENEROSITY AND FABULOSITY, TO ARMS!!!

tumblr_lzfcijcJAm1r6gpo9o1_500.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Go, Rarity, GO! :D

I'm sorry, Twilight fans, I love her, but in season 4 she became just too boring for my taste. Especially compared to Rarity, who had one of the best episodes in the entire series and some amazing scenes. So... yeah. Rarity :)

rarity_by_artsquid-d3hk4if.jpg

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Before season 4, I'd have voted without any doubt for Twilight.

But Rarity became a really good character during the last episodes.

I'll still go with Twilight, because she's an awesome character in the seasons 1 and 2.

Edited by BlobuIle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sorry Twi fans, but even in Season 1, she was only my second favorite because I hadn't liked any other ponies at that point.

Any other ponies, that is... 

Except for Rarity. She was once my favorite and no Ghostie she isn't anymore.

As I stated in the Rarity fanclub after For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils aired...

Now, as a big AJ fan, it's not my tendency to post in here often...

BUT RARITY DOES NOT OFTEN GET SUCH AMAZING EPISODES, NOW DOES SHE?*

*by which I mean that she does not get enough episodes. Rarity episodes are fantastic as a rule.

As we see with Sweetie's birthday party, long before she met any of her friends and had any of her character development, Rarity was a kind soul who was always willing to offer up her time and energy to help make life better.

Really, if I were to pick any of the Mane 6 to be my role model? It'd be her in a heartbeat. I think that she has a fabulous sense of style and understands that valuing it is not a bad thing, making it her life goal to do just that, because beauty makes the world brighter and because she wants every pony to be as beautiful as they can be. Rarity works hard, and from Season 1...

to Season 4

She's moving up in the world and I'm happy to see her succeed. Her work ethic? Astounding. Her moral ethics? Even better! While Rarity may not be my favorite pony, she is one that I deeply admire. That came through today, and I only hope to be as gentle and thoughtful in my dealings with my own family members as her. 

img-2436784-1-tumblr_mk105ylI4g1s7w4kzo3

Twilight's biggest achievement was making me go "wow I'm kinda similar to her" in her Season 2 episodes, which were the best of the character in my opinion. 

Not enough to outclass Rarity.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 5

This is it...

This very well may be the toughest battle of the whole tourney.

I have faith, though; Rares can pull through. She deserves it; she was put through hell by this fandom up until this season, getting bashed and slandered for no good reason. She didn't deserve any of it, of course; she's a genuinely good-hearted mare who was just a bit misunderstood.

Now, of course, this created problems for us; her fans. We could ignore it and passively take the beating, but we got nowhere. In the end, it was getting harder and harder for us to enjoy being a part of this fandom.

But we fought; we fought for dear life. We grew more dedicated, more loyal, and more tight-knit as a result of this unfounded hatred being directed at us and our best pony, and, in the end, we stopped passively taking the beating, and we started fighting back; we very well may be the fiercest and most loyal fanbase at this point in time.

We rose up from our ashes, and this year, is the year of Rarity...

...and she's going all the way.

fancy_rarity_by_tim015-d5ficvc.pngSo...

Vote for Rarity.

She deserves it.

c9b8389b9029017a7f37e6e3ee3f13ba-d61lm4brarity_elite_by_mysticalpha-d4i2i27.jpgA-Blossoming-Rarity-rarity-the-unicorn-2rarity___are_you_sure_you_want_to_play__

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Twilight and Rarity are both characters I overlooked at first, Twilight because of my bias against "leader" type characters and Rarity because I found her vain, shallow side to be very annoying. I liked Twilight alright but just didn't pay much attention to her but I didn't really like Rarity all that much at first and although there are occasional moments where she can still annoy me she is growing on me. Though I have made no secret that I am not a fan of twilicorn for many reasons Twilight is pretty much tied with Rainbow Dash and Luna for my 2nd favorite pony so my vote is going to Twilight.

adorkable_bookworm_by_killryde-d68ln4g.p

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

(edited)

Twilight's biggest achievement was making me go "wow I'm kinda similar to her" in her Season 2 episodes, which were the best of the character in my opinion. 

Not enough to outclass Rarity.

It's sad, but you're right :C Twilight was amazing in seasons 1 & 2, but since the beginning of season 3 she's constantly becoming more and more boring. It's not the same Twi I used to know and love. And my opinion has nothing to do with alicorn thing. She became a schematic 'good guy' character and it's not only sad, but also scary. I used to like Twilight so much, because as the main character she was exceptional, different from others. But now? Eh. 

i_m_a_kitty_cat_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d7a

nothing_to_see_here_by_kp_shadowsquirrel

nope_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d78q4bk.png

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

I'm just going to be short and to the point here.

I keep seeing Twilight from seasons 1 & 2 being brought up, but what about after that? How good has she been post-season 2?

You can't go back in time, you can only move forward.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Come on people, vote for Twilie :3

but at the finals... pffft you people don't stand a chance against my pinkie pie fan army ;)

Edited by Jokuc

(edited)

I'm just going to be short and to the point here.

I keep seeing Twilight from seasons 1 & 2 being brought up, but what about after that? How good has she been post-season 2?

You can't go back in time, you can only move forward.

There're more episodes from the seasons 1&2 (52 episodes) than from the season 4 (20 currently) where Rarity shines.

I personally consider season 3 as a transition era where they are equals.

I voted Twilight because overall, I prefer her to Rarity.

But if Rarity continues to be that great during seasons 4 and 5, I'd prefer her to Twilight.

Edited by BlobuIle
  • Brohoof 1