2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

I'm voting for Applejack. She, unlike that spiteful selfish Rarity, is true to her element. Rainbow Dash is a good pony but nothing like Applejack, even with her overprotective qualities. I, Silver Letter, am going for Applejack to win!

• Brohoof 1

We actually did it... It was a hard battle but... wait... What did you say darling?

*wisper*

Rarity wants to thank everyone who made this possible, she never imagined so much love for her... She says she will never forget this...

*wisper*

She also wants to say that she LOVES EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS! She also wants to thank the Twilight fans for the fair competition and... i actually want to do that too...

Thanks guys! It was really fun! Now let's lick our wounds and vote for Applejack!

you_should_see_the_other_guy_by_kp_shado

• Brohoof 9

I'm voting for Applejack. She, unlike that spiteful selfish Rarity, is true to her element. Rainbow Dash is a good pony but nothing like Applejack, even with her overprotective qualities. I, Silver Letter, am going for Applejack to win!

Rarity's not spiteful and selfish. Do we even watch the same show?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

. I, Silver Letter, am going for Applejack to win!

Thank you for your help! ^^ Have a cookie! *gives a cookie made by AJ*

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm voting for Applejack, because....

We're Apples forever,

Apples together.

We're family, but so much more.

No matter what comes we will face the weather.

We're Apples to the Core.

THIS POST HAS BEEN GIVEN A C&D FROM HASBRO STUDIOS.

Well, fuck.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Fluttershy vs. Apple Bloom = Florida vs. Dayton

Rarity vs. Twilight Sparkle = Kentucky vs. Michigan

I'm going to predict that Applejack vs. Rainbow Dash will end up like UConn vs. Michigan State. Michigan State shot themselves in the foot with turnovers and the younger, less heralded UConn won. So AJ = UConn, RD = MSU.

Which means Pinkie vs. Derpy will end up like Wisconsin vs. Arizona with another hotly contested, down to the wire match that ends in a buzzer beater

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

C'mon RD fans, are we gonna let some background pony win?

Please don't take this seriously AJ fans

That's right Apple Overlords, our goddess has taken a dominant lead! But let's not get complacent, Applejack took a big early lead against Twilight last year before ultimately falling by one vote. This is not over until it's over, but let's do everything in our power to ensure victory and cause a second enormous upset in this tournament!

133571559300.gif

Oh, and a heartfelt congrats to the Rarity fans. I was sure that Twilight's victory was secure last night, but it turns out that you can never say never in this tournament, and Rarity's fans proved how loud and dedicated they really are. Twilight, you played the game well and deserve credit, but Rarity has simply had the better season.

LET'S GO APPLEJACK!!!

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

C'mon RD fans, are we gonna let some background pony win?

Please don't take this seriously AJ fans

Not so fast, RD fans! AJ's fanbase might be small, but in heart we're as strong as our favorite pony!

post-20905-0-51748000-1396543779.gif

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

I'm voting for Applejack. She, unlike that spiteful selfish Rarity, is true to her element.

I hope you are just kidding... the only one who acts spiteful and selfish is you. It was just a friendly competition, there is no need to fling mud at someone.

Just get over your butthurt and think about the fun you had in this competition.

• Brohoof 4

You keep talking like that you'll recieve Ghostie's wrath. No it's not a threat, it's a warning.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Day 14 in Review:

Now THAT'S what I call a match up, dagum son!!! :o  That right there was a real nail biter and, as I expected, came down to the final minutes.  Glad to see that Rarity managed, in the end, to squeak into the Final Four, despite facing some truly hefty opposition from Twilight's Magically Massive Multitude of Fans! :D  Well done Rarifans, well done indeed; here's hoping the Derp Brigade throws similar support behind our beloved mailmare tomorrow!  :muffins:

minecraft__rarity_derpy_hooves_by_lotusf

P.S. Just a friendly reminder to any Rarity fans who may be on the fence about tomorrow's match up; Derpy Hooves is voiced by none other than Tabitha St. Germain, the VA of your very own beloved best pony.  Just saying, food for thought ya'll, food for thought.  :comeatus:

Day 15 Comments

Despite an early jump on her competition, I have a feeling that this'll turn into a tough one for Applejack, as it almost always has been.  I mean, c'mon, how could it not?  We've got the two resident tomcolts of Ponyville going head-to-head in the Elite Eight for crying out loud!  That said, this year, I found it quite easy to cast my vote for Applejack.  For one, Rainbow's already won it all, just this past year in fact.  But more importantly, I just think that AJ's having a better season at the moment; sure I though that "Rainbow Falls" was epic, but that's really for my own personal reasons (*cough* SO MUCH EPIC DERPINESS *cough*  :derp:), but when you measure the season overall, it just seems like Applejack is doing a lot more in the grand scheme of things, both in starring and supporting roles.  I think a lot of people will realize this as well, and taking that into account with the rabid AJ-fanbase helmed by Sugar Cube, Stellafera, and Clarity, overall it looks like AJ's got a better shot than ever before of busting into the Final Four.  Best of luck lovers of AJ, best of luck indeed; I assure you, the Derp Brigade's got your back on this one!  :muffins:

ride_em_cowpony_by_danleman14-d3kp1gl.pn

Onward Applejack, to victory!  :muffins: 

Ah'll give ya 5 seconds ta git down.  :okiedokielokie: 

119590__safe_applejack_derpy-hooves_muff

Aw yeah, EPIC PASTRY UNITY FTW!!!  :angry: 

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 5

I hope you are just kidding... the only one who acts spiteful and selfish is you. It was just a friendly competition, there is no need to fling mud at someone.

Just get over your butthurt and think about the fun you had in this competition.

Ey Bruh,

LetZ not take this out of hand.

It was a joke....

And a good one at that.

Joke like these need to be either ignored or not talked about.

(edited)

Ey Bruh,

LetZ not take this out of hand.

It was a joke....

And a good one at that.

Joke like these need to be either ignored or not talked about.

It's pretty obvious it wasn't a joke...

Edited by Scootie
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity's not spiteful and selfish. Do we even watch the same show?

Yes. Usually she has to be forced to be generous unless it's a special Rarity episode or it's a season premiere/finale. Even Twilight is more generous than her. She gives up her books, her time (Twilight Time especially) and her wisdom without anything in return. Rarity stole the wedding flowers in the Canterlot Wedding episode, manipulated Spike into giving up his time and gems on many occasions, tries to steal the limelight from her own sister, takes advantage of her and others (etc...)....and all sorts of awful things.

Oh well, I'm a bit upset that the better character lost. As long as Derpy is defeated and Rarity loses to Applejack in the finals, things will be fine like the great princess says. I need a new avatar.

*Looks away for a bit to organize my picture folders so there is less clutter when I get a giant influx of AJ pics for this* Rainbow got more votes? Oh hay nahh. Sugarcubes they maybe catching up but don't let them get close!

post-25449-0-47716200-1396544277_thumb.png

We did it guys, we actually did it! Rarity is in the Final Four! :yay:

rarity___yay_by_quanno3-d53k0k5.png

We couldn't have done it without all that hype and support though, so let's keep it going for the next round! It's not over yet! :D

As for this round, gotta go with AJ. Let's hope her supporters can pull out another underdog comeback story. :)

YCxHseI.jpg

Don't think we'll hold back if it comes to Applejack vs Rarity though- hopefully AJ gets some glory for now, but if she does get to face Rarity eventually, then it. Is. On. :comeatus:

rarity_vs_applejack___truth_or_dare__by_

Until then though, see ya next round! ;)

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Yes. Usually she has to be forced to be generous unless it's a special Rarity episode or it's a season premiere/finale. Even Twilight is more generous than her. She gives up her books, her time (Twilight Time especially) and her wisdom without anything in return. Rarity stole the wedding flowers in the Canterlot Wedding episode, manipulated Spike into giving up his time and gems on many occasions, tries to steal the limelight from her own sister, takes advantage of her and others (etc...)....and all sorts of awful things.

Oh well, I'm a bit upset that the better character lost. As long as Derpy is defeated and Rarity loses to Applejack in the finals, things will be fine like the great princess says. I need a new avatar.

Well, now you're sure to get many responses from others. Good luck, you'll need it.

Edited by DryColt84