Are my parents doing the right thing?

Crazy Misty

So, recently you may have seen my topic I have my "friend" http://mlpforums.com...hate-my-friend/

Anyway, my parents are now saying I HAVE to forgive him, they're forcing me to, I honestly hate him and don't want to forgive him but I have to, they're even telling me to message him, I'm honestly annoyed because this is my decision not theirs and to be honest I don't want him to think he's getting away with doing stuff like that.

REMINDER: Anyone remember that gilda episode? Think of that, RD never forgave gilda for acting like she did.

Edited by Stewie Griffin
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps if he apologises, then you could forgive him. But you shouldn't expect something for nothing. At the very least make it clear to him that if he wants to still be friends, he isn't going to do that ever again.

Perhaps if he apologises, then you could forgive him. But you shouldn't expect something for nothing. At the very least make it clear to him that if he wants to still be friends, he isn't going to do that ever again.

He doesn't sound sorry he's just like "k you forgiven me yet?"

"Sorry for you repeatedly insulting my best friend."

I wouldn't. He was being an asshole, you have no reason to apologize.

He was making fun of my online friend (my best friend) and according to my parents online friends aren't actually friends..

I will be here to say, it really is up to you. if you don't want to, you don't have to.

At least you should make it very clear to him that you are not joking. And give him some form of fair chance, but on your own terms.

according to my parents online friends aren't actually friends..

Oh, I hate that argument.

Apparently parents don't understand that the internet has evolved from two person chat rooms.

and, even he wasn't your friend, you were just standing up for a decent person online.

Edited by BrandonTehDragonbornDigger
  • Brohoof 2

UPDATE:

If you didn't know I want to be homeschooled because public school systems suck, anyways my parents said if I don't forgive him I can't be homeschooled.... what the fudge

PLUS, this isn't the first time he's been mean to me or ruined friendships one recent thing is he started a rumor about me.

Pretend to forgive him and be okay with everything so your he and parents are happy and then just start hanging out with the guy less and less and slowly end your friendship so that you don't have to deal with him anymore.

Pretend to forgive him and be okay with everything so your he and parents are happy and then just start hanging out with the guy less and less and slowly end your friendship so that you don't have to deal with him anymore.

That's the thing though, it would be impossible, he'd just follow me and follow me and follow me and never stop, I've honestly loved these few days where I haven't had to see him.

Your parents can't force you to do something you don't want to. If they said you can't be home schooled if you don't forgive the guy, then tell them that you won't just let it slide like that. Besides, public school systems may suck, but you at least can socialize.

Your will is the strongest thing you have. It will only break if you let it be broken.

That's the thing though, it would be impossible, he'd just follow me and follow me and follow me and never stop, I've honestly loved these few days where I haven't had to see him.

Can't you just go somewhere with your other friends and not tell the unwanted friend about your meeting? A few actions like this and he'll see he really is unwanted, especially if he hears about the time you and others spent together afterwards.

I would see no reason to forgive sombody like that. He seems pretty nasty and immature, no offense...

Anyway, im sure your parents cant force you to be freinds with someone. Just say no. Would they really ruin your chance at a better education for you over something like this?

Sounds to me like their bluffing :lol: