Are Rarity and Applejack still the 2 least popular ponies of the Mane 6?

ghostfacekiller39

Are Rarity and Applejack still the least popular members of the mane 6?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. Is Rarity still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. Is Applejack still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes

Applejack is some the least developed mane characters and I really hate this. Maybe that's why I don't prefer her and why she's the least popular one. XD I'm sorry, but she's almost as out of character in her episodes as Fluttershy. Don't even get me started on what her element represents when she's the star 'cause I don't even know...

I love Rarity though~! She's my second favorite of the mane six and 4th best pone overall! She has strong flaws, episodes, personality, and dialogue! I love her so much and hate that she's the 5th most loved out of the 6 friends.

So yes, I do agree It's a shame that they are not as popular as they should be. *cough* Rarity *cough*

More popular than before, but still the least popular pair of our pony protagonists. I'm positively certain.

In other news, Applejack is still my favorite.

My buddy  had this to say in a different topic; I think it should help out in this case.

He's a smart cookie :D

As for Applejack, I've seen a huge surge in fans for her as well, but I don't have as much concrete evidence like Aquila provided, but I'm pretty sure she's had a surge in fans as well :D 

*Sigh* I don't know man, i probably said it in the past already, but i guess what i say is mostly because of the huge grudge i hold with the fandom. And if im good in something it is holding grudges.

Its just all the people basically bullied Rares and Apples in the past just because they did not even try to understand them, and now all seems like sunshine and fucking rainbows because both had a good season. But what will happen if they have a not so good season in the future?

Im pessimistic at heart and i think that most people that sceam "Rarity and Applejack are so awesome in season four!" now, will just start to bully them again if things turn out not that great in later seasons.

If someone says "I really thought that Rarity is a selfish bitch before season four, but now i think she is great", then i will not accept that as a true change of heart, because everyone can like a character if he has a good season, its about beeing loyal if things are not so great.

What if someone says "Wow, Applejack sure gets a lot of love this season, i like it!". but after she falls back in relative obscurity in another season this person will start to call her background pony again?

I know i will not make many friends with this oulook here, but i came with a great deal of idealism in the brony fandom, and it sure did a great job killing it off over the years. Allmost all that is left is resentment.

Thats the reason i like this site so much, it brought some of this forlorn hope back. A part of the wonder i felt long ago, and i don't really know how to deal with it yet.

You know guys... I really, really, really want to believe that my favorites are not "That bitch" and "That background pony" anymore for the bulk of the fandom, but some believes just BURN themselves into my skull. I wan't to forget them, but im way to skeptical to do so at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Me in my 1st year of being a brony:

Applejack is okay...

I hate Rarity...

Me now:

I love them all!

Rarity is still my least favorite mane 6

but on my favorite pony list she has went from like 41 to 25 so yay for her I guess

And I think they are usually disliked because they are both stereotypes...

I know applejack has lots of hate and isn't classified as a main character. Rarity? Oh come on people what the heel is wrong with her? Rarity is stinking rarity! My second favourite mane 6!

And applejack. Well she's not a mane 6 according to the discussion in my school. So even though she's my favourite pony I have to dare say she, gets a lot of useless hate with no backup from people who are ridiculous and clueless!

• Brohoof 2

I notice Twilight isn't that popular as a character now that season four has started and she is mainly meme material if anything.Luckily,Rarity and Applejacks fanbase are INCREASING.I think Twilight may take Raritys place as an underrated character if this keeps going on.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity has made her way to a big fandom. She has a bigger fandom this year, rather than is 2012 or 2013. It's also continuing to grow. Applejack is loved too. She's the type of character with haters and lovers. The 2 ponies actually support each others fandom with their little arguments.

• Brohoof 1

Just thought I'd let you know that I've added a poll to this topic while providing evidence that Rarity is no longer one of the least popular mane 6 members :D

fNXrilZ.png

(Note: On the school's computer, so I don't have that fabulous Rarity set up I have at home -_- )

• Brohoof 5

I've seen such a huge burst in Rarity love, while I barely saw any for Applejack. Kind of sad knowing how Applejack is my favourite pony and Rarity is my least.

I did try to like Rarity, but I just can't. Am I just not doing it right?

Just thought I'd let you know that I've added a poll to this topic while providing evidence that Rarity is no longer one of the least popular mane 6 members :D

img-2476324-1-fNXrilZ.png

(Note: On the school's computer, so I don't have that fabulous Rarity set up I have at home -_- )

This will be a precedent to end all precedents if she smashes Twi. Rarity shall rise.

RISE

Okay no she'll still be the minority outside of this forum but still

RISE

I've seen such a huge burst in Rarity love, while I barely saw any for Applejack. Kind of sad knowing how Applejack is my favourite pony and Rarity is my least.

I did try to like Rarity, but I just can't. Am I just not doing it right?

Well, what do you dislike about her? :D 

That's a good place to start :D

Unfortunately yeah... some pony has to take the least popular title and as much as I dislike it, it is a task that is fallen upon my poor AJ.

Of course it doesn't change anything, it just means more Apples for me.

Rarity... that is a different story.

(edited)

No for Rarity, she's clearly better than during the first seasons.

However, yes for Applejack, nothing has changed.

Edited by BlobuIle

Well, what do you dislike about her? :D 

That's a good place to start :D

It's mainly just for personal reasons including my general tastes. I've never really been a fan of cartoon characters that act in an upper-class manner, and while others find her drama-queening funny and entertaining to watch, I simply can't stand it. I can respect those who enjoy her for these reasons, though.

And that's pretty much it, really. However, if there's one thing I can relate with Rarity, we both have an obsession of keeping everything NEAT UND TIDY!!! I will also admit I really liked Rarity Takes Manehatten, but these things simply aren't enough when compared to my other top ponies in terms of how much I like their personality, their role, how relatable I find them, and how entertaining they are to watch.

Saying this to possibly the most obsessive Rarity fan on this forum, it almost feels like I've just done something crazy.  :wacko:

It's mainly just for personal reasons including my general tastes. I've never really been a fan of cartoon characters that act in an upper-class manner, and while others find her drama-queening funny and entertaining to watch, I simply can't stand it. I can respect those who enjoy her for these reasons, though.

And that's pretty much it, really. However, if there's one thing I can relate with Rarity, we both have an obsession of keeping everything NEAT UND TIDY!!! I will also admit I really liked Rarity Takes Manehatten, but these things simply aren't enough when compared to my other top ponies in terms of how much I like their personality, their role, how relatable I find them, and how entertaining they are to watch.

Saying this to possibly the most obsessive Rarity fan on this forum, it almost feels like I've just done something crazy.  :wacko:

So, do you really hate Rarity? Or is she just your least favorite character of the mane 6?

In all honesty, it doesn't sound like you actually dislike her, it sounds more or less like she's your least favorite of the mane 6 :D 

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are my least favorite characters of the mane 6, but that really doesn't mean I dislike them; hell there's characters I like more than RD and Pinkie that are background ponies/secondaries, but that doesn't really mean I dislike them.

In all honesty, though, in the case you do actually dislike her:

Disliking someone (or in this case, pony) for who they truly are isn't really necessarily a good thing; that's really no different than me disliking you for your flaws or interests, even if you don't do anything to hurt me :D 

Hey, she's not a bitch to you or any of the other characters most of the time :derp: 

She's a geniunely good-hearted mare who tries her goshdarn hardest to do the best she can :D And sure, she's a bit feminine and totally wants to be more high class than she truly is, but that's not really anything to hold against a character :D 

Honestly, though, I question whether you truly dislike her or not :D

• Brohoof 3

I dunno; votes are seeming to say otherwise :D

You mean the votes that are saying that Twilight is winning?

Then again you're apparently a magnet for voting against Rares in general.

That's mlpforums through, what about everybody else. :P

A large portion of these forums don't limit themselves exclusively to these forums though, dude :D

Like, I'm an active member of 3 different forums and I look at EQD pretty regularly :D I know that's the case for other members of these forums, as well :D

You mean the votes that are saying that Twilight is winning?

Then again you're apparently a magnet for voting against Rares in general.

Not srs response: 

:okiedokielokie:

Srs response:

Didn't necessarily say they were the most popular; just weren't in 5th and 6th place anymore :D

• Brohoof 1

Not srs response: :okiedokielokie: Srs response: Didn't necessarily say they were the most popular; just weren't in 5th and 6th place anymore :D

Well lets see what happens in AJ v. Rainbow. A precedent might be set here if AJ crushes hard enough.

Hey, any other day but today, Rarity has my love! Even then, I voted against her with a heavy heart... :(

I'm personally glad she's been having more exposure this season!

As for Applejack, well, she is 5th on my Mane 6 list.  -_-

However, I'm glad she is also acquiring more fans! Dat Flim and Flam rebuke too...

• Brohoof 1