Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Rarity and Applejack still the 2 least popular ponies of the Mane 6?

ghostfacekiller39

Are Rarity and Applejack still the least popular members of the mane 6?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. Is Rarity still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. Is Applejack still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes

I honestly never found AJ underrated at all. Sure she doesn't rank high in many peoples' "best pony" list, but I felt that of all the mane 6, AJ was the most univerally liked, and I'd never see her get some of the venom people would give Rainbow Dash or Rarity.

Rarity's case was different as I'd definitely say she was underrated, but now I wouldn't really call either of them underrated, especially in these forums

On the forum, they are defiantly not underrated. I don't know about other sites but this site for me they can actually be considered raging from borderline to slightly overrated. *prepares for attack by rarijack fans* Yeah I've said before that this forum is backwards.

I've always liked all the mane 6 to an extent or another, but in S3 Applejack certainly got more likable I find. Maybe simply for the screentime.

Really with 6 characters though it is kind of hard to balance screentime and all. So i find one of the mane 6 usually ends up getting kind of left out in each season.

I don't think Applejack or Rarity could be really considered underated anymore, both have plenty of die hard fans, in fact here on the forums there are quite a lot of Rarity fans I find. 

Regardless I don't find either really underrated honestly. And I really don't know how much I like the terms underrated or overrated in the first place ;p.

But no, i don't think either Rarity or Applejack are underrated anymore.

I honestly never found AJ underrated at all. Sure she doesn't rank high in many peoples' "best pony" list, but I felt that of all the mane 6, AJ was the most univerally liked, and I'd never see her get some of the venom people would give Rainbow Dash or Rarity.

It is true that AJ never got too much hard core hate but the reputation as the "boring one" is one that cannot be denied, a lot of people felt that way about AJ and there are still some that do. Rainbow Dash had a lot of hate but she had probably just as much love as she did hate making without a doubt the most polarizing of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know if they are considered to be underrated. I have not seen a lot that seems to confirm that idea but I always believed that Rarity was quite popular. Perhaps Applejack was less popular than most of the others but she still has a great following.

I personally never thought either of them were underrated (well, perhaps Applejack a little), but with excellent episodes of the two of them playing off each other (Simple Ways, Trade Ya) plus some great individual performances (Rarity Takes Manehatten, Leap of Faith, Inspiration Manifestation, Pinkie Apple Pie, For whom the Sweetie Belle Toils, Somepony to Watch Over Me) I don't think anyone can say they're underrated any more.

Hey there , I've merged your thread with an already existing topic. Just wanted to let you know. :)

(edited)

For whatever reason (and maybe because the only brony I know loves her), I never assumed Rarity as being an unpopular Mane 6. This perception was what surprised me when I first started reading threads on the forum. Both ponies have a strong fan base on here and that constitutes for 99% of my brony interaction, looking at the World Cup, Rarity made it to the final four while AJ and RD were eliminated (this is admittedly limited to sample size and matchup, but its all I've got! ) From the brony I know IRL and this site, I've never considered Rarity as one of the least popular.

However, Hasbro merchandise seems rather neglectful of AJ and I wondered if thats to do with her perceived fan base, I hope not as she certainly deserves more attention   :(

I voted Rarity no, AJ yes (unfortunately :( )

Edited by Guest

(edited)

As a longtime Applejack fan I have noticed that alot of people haven't given AJ that much credit as a character in the past and I used to do the same with Rarity along with many others. Of course since season 3 thanks to Applejack's amazing character development a lot of fans have given Applejack a second look and while Rarity was ignored that season they have for the most part made up for it in season 4 while still keeping Applejack's momentum going. Because of this and other factors including the Rarity fans being more outspoken than ever before it seems like while Applejack and Rarity are still lower on the popularity scale than the other mane 6 are being taken more seriously as characters.

In the March Madness tournament on here both Applejack and Rarity made the final 4 of course there was a rather messy situation which had them and the other 2 all declared the "winners" due to the behavior of some fans getting a tad out of hand but in the "unofficial" version which was created in the aftermath and later blessed by the creator of the "official" version Applejack won. Now in the World Cup tournament while Applejack has just been elimited made it very far and Rarity is now in a semi finals match against Fluttershy.

There are still plenty of people that think Applejack is the "boring one" and still some hard core Rarity haters but both have gone down quite a bit in a relatively short amount of time which made me come to the conclusion that if they are in fact still underrated that they are not as much as they used to be.

Applejack got a huge boost in popularity imho. But well, i thought she would win the would cup this year, and seeing that this is obviously untrue because she lost against Pinkie im probably not the most reliable source.

Rarity is still one of the most despised characters of the show though. Will sadly never change.

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

For whatever reason (and maybe because the only brony I know loves her), I never assumed Rarity as being an unpopular Mane 6. This perception was what surprised me when I first started reading threads on the forum. Both ponies have a strong fan base on here and that constitutes for 99% of my brony interaction, looking at the World Cup, Rarity made it to the final four while AJ and RD were eliminated (this is admittedly limited to sample size and matchup, but its all I've got! ) From the brony I know IRL and this site, I've never considered Rarity as one of the least popular.

However, Hasbro merchandise seems rather neglectful of AJ and I wondered if thats to do with her perceived fan base, I hope not as she certainly deserves more attention :(

I voted Rarity no, AJ yes (unfortunately :( )

AJ's too busy for that plastic nonsense, 'sides she was holding out until they started showing her with her hat. :huh:

Anyhoo, I'm biased and can't really fully chart AJ and Rarity's popularity over the course of the series since I wasn't there from go.

I will say this though. If Rare's ever does this again ... her popularity may just plummet.

Lipstick Pony ... NO!

img-2827569-1-800px-Rarity_looks_at_came

Edited by Jeric

I think Rarity is probably the most mixed.  There are a ton of absolute crazy for Rarity Bronies.  And an equal ton of Bronies who don't like her.

Although Applejack may be the most mixed in a totally different way.  I don't think many actually dislike her, but she's kinda too perfect at times for a main character.  This makes her a middle muddle.

As for me, I think Rarity is a hoot.  There would be a ton of things that I would see myself doing with her that would be fun.  (going to art museums etc.,)

As for AJ I could see myself doing chores with her, or having her as a personal trainer.  [i fear Dash'd push too hard for my tastes]

For me, Applejack is my least favourite of the mane 6 and Rarity is tied with my favourite with Pinkie Pie. From what I've noticed in the fandom, there isn't a whole lot of Applejack love. 

From my experience i saw a huge amount of applejack fans and rarity fans in the welcoming plaza so yeah they started to get attention and for me as well rarity was my least favorite but after seeing that her fanbase and applejack fanbase have like a huge amount of love between each other i just for no explainable reason i like her now............A LOT

Both ponies are on the opposite side of my favorite ponies list. Rarity is my first favorite, because I admire her element of generosity, and I see why most peeps don't like her as much as other ponies, and same goes for Applejack. Applejack is down to 6th on my list because I don't like how she flaunts her element as much as other ponies do. Her element is "honesty", but she has told a few lies somewhere around the show. However, both ponies are polar opposites. Rarity being the "elegant and stylish" pony, while Applejack is the "country gal" pony. 

The writers will probably kill off Rarity in the future and replace her through a character that is actually liked by some people, like Scratch, or Lyra.

Rarity has that huge burden that she is hated since season one, and there is no way they will ever manage to make her likeable for the majority of the fans.

They will let her do some generous sacrifice bullshit to get her out of the show, the few people that actually like her will start the smallest uproar in existence, they will replace her, and the bulk of the fandom will not care about her being gone.

Well, as much as I love Applejack, she's not exactly the most popular pony among all bronies. In fact, she may be the least popular but, I think Rarity has a huge fan-base (that's just my opinion). I mean, just look at the Rarity fan club thread. It has over 1,000 posts!

I think Applejack is gaining popularity. Season 4 was also a very good season for her is you ask me. She got pretty much screentime and some nice roles.

Unfortunately the 'best background pony' joke seems still pretty popular. But overall she's doing better.

And Rarity, status quo I think. 

If you would ask me which 2 characters are the least popular right now, I would say Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

No pony of the mane 6 deserves to be 'least popular' though.