Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your least favourite member of the Mane Six?

RulesofRarity

Who is your least favourite member of the Mane Six?  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Least favourite member of the Mane Six

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash

Twilight until S7 after getting wings was boring like 80% of the time to me so it kinda defaults to her now, if you asked me two seasons ago id of said Fluttershy but they finally figured out what the hell to do with her in S6 and kept on doing it in S7.

• Brohoof 6

Fluttershy. Mostly because I think the shyness gimmick is overused.

She also doesn't really seem to get any more confident in herself even after 7 seasons.

Not that i hate her or anything its just that i think she is pretty bland.

• Brohoof 1

By the most recent seasons, I guess it's Twilight. Feel she's lost a lot of definition as a character, and on top of that isn't really given a lot of opportunity anymore to excel at things which I would call her previous defining traits. She lost the student role and didn't really do much to make up for that.

For me, it's like she fell down a staircase of plot devices, each progressively less competently used to maintain a focused character

• Brohoof 5

14 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Hmm, no one's least favorite is Twilight. I wonder why...?

Because who can hate such a dork? 

(I actually found her super boring around seasons 4-6 but shhhhh)

13 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Oh Jesus... I certainly hope Pinkie Pie's repeated increase of votes in this poll won't stop those writers from making more episodes focusing on her.

I doubt they’re paying attention.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Good, 'cause I'm still only concerned about her and Fluttershy after 7 seasons of the show. I'm not telling why until Season 8 comes out.

It's out of Rainbow and Applejack. I like them all most of the time but these two can get a bit annoying here and there. What shocked me is how much i like Rarity. I usually hate the type but she's always fun to watch. I have to give huge credit to her voice actor making her sound so dramatic.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Because who can hate such a dork? 

(I actually found her super boring around seasons 4-6 but shhhhh)

Right. Our very particular demographic of online introverts happily do not hold much sway over such an important topic.

Also, whatever distaste might be had for the effect of marketing incentives on the show at times, they at least will always keep the pinkest one of the mane 6 celebrated to some degree

Rarity just because she's too snobby sometimes. Still like her alright. Nice to see Rainbow Dash has the fewest votes too. Guess people finally realized her jerkish personality is why she's so great, especially when her soft side shines through it.

On 12/18/2017 at 9:09 AM, SolarFlare13 said:

Rainbow Dash. No offense to any-one who likes her, but she's become more of an ass-hole in the last couple of seasons. She was completely un-enthusiastic and un-supportive about Fluttershy's first attempt at Nightmare Night, the fact that she pulled a prank on every-pony in "28 Pranks Later" just for own amusement and she didn't even consider their feelings and how those pranks would make them feel. I mean, did she learnt anything from "A Griffon The Brush Off" and NOT taking Pranks too far??? :huh: That episode alone is the sole reason why I HATE rainbow Dash SO much...

...and I didn't like the way she approached her parents in "Parental Glideance". The least she could've done is tell them to tone it down a bit...

I mean, I understand that's she's frustrated, but they're only trying to support her and what she did in that episode is un-acceptable...

...and the fact that she keeps saying the word "awesome" in Season 7. I dunno about you, but I find that almost as annoying as Trixie saying "The Great and Powerful..." NO!!! :angry: YOU'RE NOT GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! :baconmane: *sighs* man, that line triggers me...

I almost have to 'mute' the TV EVERY-TIME RD is about to say something in Season 7 just so I don't have to hear that word :huh: ...

Why should Rainbow Dash have bothered trying to talk to her parents when nobody ever bothers to just talk to her when she acts up? Rainbow Dash had every right to lash out at her parents. And Frankly I don't blame her for being sick of Fluttershy's shit too. Fluttershy pranked them all in the nightmare night episode, but Dash isn't allowed to prank her back? Bullshit. That's not how it works. Fluttershy had it coming.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, bluseymoe said:

Rarity just because she's too snobby sometimes. Still like her alright. Nice to see Rainbow Dash has the fewest votes too. Guess people finally realized her jerkish personality is why she's so great, especially when her soft side shines through it.

Why should Rainbow Dash have bothered trying to talk to her parents when nobody ever bothers to just talk to her when she acts up? Rainbow Dash had every right to lash out at her parents. And Frankly I don't blame her for being sick of Fluttershy's shit too. Fluttershy pranked them all in the nightmare night episode, but Dash isn't allowed to prank her back? Bullshit. That's not how it works. Fluttershy had it coming.

I kind of agree with you on Rarity. I never liked her as much as the others either.

22 hours ago, bluseymoe said:

I'm more annoyed at how the episode bastardized the entire cast for the sake of it's dumb zombie prank

• Brohoof 2

Least favorite has to be Fluttershy. Because it seems that she learns the same "be assertive" lesson at least once a season. Also writing stories about characters who don't like talking is a pain.

I can't bear to vote, but I definitely know would never take that title for me, Rainbow Dash or Rarity. They've always been my favourite. But even if I were to vacillate between Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack or Fluttershy I just find all of them to be endearing mares with great personalities, with endearing motivations that make them all so loveable.

Edited by ShadowPhoenix

• 2 years later...

All six have their ups and downs but if I had to choose one, it will be Pinkie Pie, no offensive of course.

While she can be hilarious at times, she can also be very annoying at times, such as in "A Friend in Deed". I get that Pinkie Pie didn't have any bad intentions of course, but it was just downright annoying that she wasn't able to pick up on the fact that Cranky didn't want to talk, even following him to his house and finally getting the picture after he kicks her out of his house. At least she was able to reunite him with Matilda.

Pinkie Pie , I know she is supposed to be all "fun and smiles" but goddamn sometimes she gets soooo annoying!! Like in that EqG special where she keeps bothering Sunset and can't see the band , so Sunset decides to avoid her... You should feel bad because "oh she left her friend bla bla" , but i swear I was like well done.

Also, sometimes Twilight. She isn't annoying, i just don't find her that interesting (and she is the main character)

Rarity.   Rainbow Dash always gets the flak for being full of herself, but then there’s Rarity.   I just don’t like that snobbery and need to be “high status” 

But even so it’s not like I don’t like her.

Sadly it is Rarity. The moment we got to know she's wearing fake eye lashes, was the moment I stopped looking her way. But then she somewhat started using Spike, and the whole business in Manehattan just made her look greedy instead of generous.

She lost the appeal to me, and at some angles, she looks bold as well, questioning if she's wearing a wig as well?

I can not really decide between Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. Both have something in their character I don't like. Pinkie is for me often to hyper active and I have the feeling that she can not take some situations serious. And on RD, I really don't like her arrogance. I always get a little bit angry when she say "I am so awesome". I really have a problem when a person always have to say that. I mean, I don't hate both, I enjoyed a lot of episodes with both in the main role, but if I had to chose, it is someone of them both.

Apologies to hardcore fans of the timid yellow pony, but my least favorite is Fluttershy. Her design is very cute, but whether she abruptly gains confidence or is her usual shy self, I still can't help but feel uncomfortable. At least she has 5 best friends and nearly every animal species who say she's okay :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

For me it's probably Rarity. I don't hate Rarity, I don't hate any character in MLP to be honest, but Rarity...... I guess I just don't find her all that interesting. Her episodes always seemed to be the most dull, at least for me. Fashion is just not my thing! :please:

I also didn't really like Pinkie Pie in the later seasons of the show. In the early seasons I felt that she was a better character, mostly because it felt like the writers then actually knew how to write Pinkie Pie, but by the end of the show it was becoming apparent the new writers that had replaced those original ones didn't know how Pinkie Pie should be written. :okiedokieloki: 

The answer to this question is in a perpetual state of quantum flux.

By which I mean, whenever I notice I've been conspicuously uninterested in one of the Mane 6 for a while, I immediately become interested in them again. :kirin:

I still do not like Pinke Pie personally.  I mean she moments I have a "likable" to her on the funny side,  but personally I could not stand to be in the same room as her.