Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oldest of Mane 6? Rarity?

Cirrus.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-12-25 at 7:46 PM, xLuneti said:

I think it's pretty sure to say Fluttershy is the oldest, you can see her being bigger than the rest of them in the flashblack from season 1

This is possible... flutter also mentioned she was older than Pinky. Rainbow especially compared was extra tiny. She's always the youngest whatever. 

1 hour ago, Kadeda said:

This is possible... flutter also mentioned she was older than Pinky. Rainbow especially compared was extra tiny. She's always the youngest whatever. 

My headcanon is that in season 1 they had the following ages: 

Twilight - 15

Rarity - 16

Flutters - 17

Rainbow - 13

Pinkie - 14

AJ - 17

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, xLuneti said:

My headcanon is that in season 1 they had the following ages: 

Twilight - 15

Rarity - 16

Flutters - 17

Rainbow - 13

Pinkie - 14

AJ - 17

They are probably all above 18 at least in season 1 since they all have jobs. None of them are in some form of school except possibly Twilight who I would guess was in some form of college in season 1. We also have teenage models in later season which compare to fluttershy look in season 1 flashback.

Fluttershy also mentions she's 1 year older than Pinky.

In general... I would probably add about 5 years to everyone ages... while I think the flashback of them getting their cutie marks happened 10 years ago. That would make fluttershy around 12 and everyone else 12-8 which adds up.

Edited by Kadeda

2 hours ago, Kadeda said:

They are probably all above 18 at least in season 1 since they all have jobs. None of them are in some form of school except possibly Twilight who I would guess was in some form of college in season 1. We also have teenage models in later season which compare to fluttershy look in season 1 flashback.

Fluttershy also mentions she's 1 year older than Pinky.

In general... I would probably add about 5 years to everyone ages... while I think the flashback of them getting their cutie marks happened 10 years ago. That would make fluttershy around 12 and everyone else 12-8 which adds up.

I don't think Equestria has the same social economic rules as we do, the CMC have jobs as well, and they are children. For the same reason they are allowed to run a camp of their own. I took Faust' word of the mane six having the mental age of  10-15 year old girls

8 hours ago, xLuneti said:

I don't think Equestria has the same social economic rules as we do, the CMC have jobs as well, and they are children. For the same reason they are allowed to run a camp of their own. I took Faust' word of the mane six having the mental age of  10-15 year old girls

Hmm... that's fair. I took mental age as just that... mental age. Like, there's a reason she just didn't say they were these ages.

But the mane 6 receive all their cutie marks at the same time. And the rest (except for flutter who looks bigger) also seem the same age as Cherilee.

On 2014-06-19 at 9:01 PM, I used to be a stranger said:

Whatever age she is, she is similar in age to Cheerilee, who is apparently a similar age to Big Macintosh.

tumblr_lyyavnH6YB1r1o9wa.png

mlp_rarity_filly.PNG

I don't think Rarity's business has anything to do with her age. We need to remember that our grandparents had businesses and families even when they were 16 years old. Given that FIM seems like it's set in the 1920s-40s in the US (because of the technology out there), it's probably the same thing, plus keep in mind that since Equestria is a relatively safe place, it must be less difficult for ponies to become independent of a younger age. Other ponies with the same physique as manes 6 also had businesses. Also, the only one that seems bigger when the series shows them all is Flutter, and she is also the only one that mentions being older than the others (Pinkie Pie). And finally, Rarity is not the most mature (we saw many moments of her doing childish things). I think Flutter and AJ are the biggest.

rr.jpg

flutter.png

rarity foal.png

• 3 months later...

Rarity is the most mature of the group, but I believe that Fluttershy is the oldest. I will quickly borrow the images from above. :squee:

Fluttershy looked like this:

flutter.png.5fb803f0cfac45607eeef52f00c93864.png

When the others looked like this:
835200589_rarityfoal.png.fe84a5f090ffe7f5574356abc87ff0da.png

She doesn't look like a pony like Sassy Saddles or Fleur de Lis now, as an adult. No unique size or shape. Not even in the finale. That's why I say that the ponies will just look like this at that age. If I'm correct, she is definitely the oldest. She is one year older than Pinkie Pie, but it should be pretty similar when it comes to the others.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
54 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I feel like AJ or Rarity would be the oldest just going off of maturity level

Applejack is the oldest because she's been around since Generation 1 from the early 1980's while Rarity has been around since Gen 3.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(edited)

Interesting. I always figured that the oldest would be either Rarity or Fluttershy. Applejack would be third and the other three would be interchangeable at the bottom.

Edited by Cash_In

• 1 year later...
On 2021-12-25 at 2:58 PM, Kujamih said:

then rarity is immortal then? because she was a princess back then..... so immortality for her too? or only Alicorns have that? she IS very powerful though... 🤔

7f1517da7518cb46868d26697ad70011.thumb.jpg.2845d1b825d2fabae7c157d02717fa91.jpg

She is an alicorn though :0