Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My sick sick sick fansination

CosmicHooves

People have been fascinate by horror stories/flicks for years so this is no real big deal here.

The grim dark/horror bit in pony doesn't come to no surprise nor was the R34 stuff

Now had you said you liked them both as one in the same (GDR34)... ya that's weird..

I mean everyone likes what they like...

As for grimdark stuff I perfer that in a universe where its much more ''appropriate'' if that makes sence... such as like the warhammer 40k universe.

I dont wanna see my adorably cute ponies getting mutilated and killed.

but thats just my take on it

but grimdark for the pony universe isnt my cup of tea

But overall i prefer happy endings to everything that I watch read, because thats just me.

Edited by SveciaDash

Grimdark doesn't really bother me that much, most of the issues I have with it are how believable the situations portrayed are in context with characterization.

The only reason cupcakes is "offensive" to me, is because of the lack of any kind of logic. Someone please tell me how Pinkie was capable of murdering all those ponies in the basement of a seemingly very popular public establishment. without anypony noticing. Especially considering the Cakes live there.

Yeah, I ended up finding it humorous because the story was asking me to suspend my disbelief to an insane degree.

Cupcakes' lack of logic in regards to things like anatomy and common sense (how did nobody notice the stench?) was because the author all but admitted that it was meant to be a horror comedy, but lamented in an interview that he didn't think it was silly enough.

• Brohoof 1

I myself am I maso, (Search it up, it's a sexual thing) and am into S&M

I'd say that you guy's gridmark stuff is actually SOFTCORE to what I fantasize.

Anyhow, you people's who admit to having fantasizes have gut's and I respect that.

TBH Grimdark is ...pretty accepted part of the MLP fandom even if it is a fringe element and maybe the majority would detest it. But Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory are really well known fannon and there's a lot of other spins on other characters. As people have said the biggest issues with grimdark are that most ARE badly written and don't do justice to the attempt although the seeds are often in the show for fans to pick up on them. They become infamous fimfiction rather than famous for being "good". Good thing is that other fannon can attempt to clean up or add to that grimdark fannon (art, music, and other fimfiction).

But yeah people like sex (clopfics) but they also like horror and dark things (grimdark). While people like how the show is sweet its also nice to show how there can always be a darkness if things were "realistic". Its realy human nature to show the ponies dealing with what we deal with in our own world, even if that's adult themes like the older fans who enjoy them.

I'm good friends with Mathematicus who is a musician who is really fascinated with the grimdark fannon of the show and has done them with his music (see Crooked and Crab). His music can be very dark and fringe but he's also a very sweet and positive guy. So i guess the best bet is to not think that the fannon necessarily means the fans or creators are "screwed up" people as just about anyone likes horror movies. What fiction you write doesn't mean that you'd do it in real life, it's meant to be escapism and fantasy.

I'd say Cheerilee's Garden is well written grimdark. Written rather well even if it is a stretch (like all grimdark). I've done a musical track or two about such darker themes as its nice not to make only "happy" music. Those "ask a pony" tumblr blogs have a done a good job of showing twists on a character as well.

People have been fascinate by horror stories/flicks for years so this is no real big deal here.

The grim dark/horror bit in pony doesn't come to no surprise nor was the R34 stuff

Now had you said you liked them both as one in the same (GDR34)... ya that's weird..

That(GDR34)would be known as 'guro' in the anime community.(look it up if you dare).

That(GDR34)would be known as 'guro' in the anime community.(look it up if you dare).

Oh dare I would, I have known of it but not by that title. stuff like that doesn't phase me none. I've seen IRL stuff that would make that stuff look like a children's cartoon.

Well, actually liking gore is nothing to be yelled at for. We all like gore every once in awhile. I'm not really fascinated with it, I find the idea of bloody gory scary stuff and ponies kind of absurdly hilarious. That's why cupcakes was so popular, unlike most, I wasn't scared by the story, but me I like to analyze stories and viciously point out plot holes and inconsistencies. So cupcakes was very fun for me. But some people find over-analyzing annoying and sick, I don't care I just keep doing it. Screw the haters. Like what you like.

There are a couple of gorefics I like but most of them are kind of boring to me, I can read and watch some really graphic blood and gore without it even phasing me but unless it is so over the top that it is hilarious like Cupcakes than if it is gore for the sake of gore than I will probably get bored very quickly. The only kind of fictionalized gore that makes me squeamish is guro which is the R34 of snuff films.

Dude, I have red some very good an interesting grimdark fics actually, nothing wrong with them, I think us as humans are just naturally a little bit twisted or fascinated with violence anyway. Besides, someone like me who has read THE most sick twisted disturbing fan fics of all time could never judge you! :yay:

I think that if you asked a lot of people on here you would find a lot of people with similar interests.

Dude, I have red some very good an interesting grimdark fics actually, nothing wrong with them, I think us as humans are just naturally a little bit twisted or fascinated with violence anyway. Besides, someone like me who has read THE most sick twisted disturbing fan fics of all time could never judge you! :yay:

I think that if you asked a lot of people on here you would find a lot of people with similar interests.

Send me one, IF YOU DARE! *cakcles*

*sniffs* Do I have pony poo on my hand?

• Brohoof 1

There's nothing wrong with liking grimdark material as long as it doesn't leak into your real life actions, that's when it becomes a problem.

Other than that I actually enjoyed Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes, and Smile HD.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Smile HD is so bad, it's really light compared to other things. I mean it even has elements from DBZ in it so I don't get why people take it so seriously.