Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was Celestia doing during "Inspiration Manifestation"? [spoilers]

Forlong

Okay, I know "why doesn't Celestia ___________?" is a plothole in every episode, but it's more of a problem here.  Twilight made it clear that Luna and Cadence helped her clean up the mess enchanted Rarity made.  So...Celestia woke up her sister and wrote her niece that lived miles away from Ponyville and told them to clean the place up?  What was she doing that was so important that she couldn't come herself?

img-2571371-1-princess_celestia___wallpa

Maybe Twilight never told Celestia about this to avoid disappointing her so close to the Equestria Games or something.

You know, keep clean in her eyes, so instead she got the two sub-level rulers to help her out instead of the big head honcho herself.

Besides, we all know Luna and Cadance don't have anything important to do like Celestia does.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe Twilight never told Celestia about this to avoid disappointing her so close to the Equestria Games or something.

You know, keep clean in her eyes, so instead she got the two sub-level rulers to help her out instead of the big head honcho herself.

Besides, we all know Luna and Cadance don't have anything important to do like Celestia does.

I don't think it's likely Twilight would keep this secret from Celestia.  Celestia knows of far more embarrassing things about the mane 6.

And has anypony noticed that this is, like, the fourth time Luna has acted directly while Celestia sits on her haunches eating Bon-bons?

post-3094-0-71411200-1398601532_thumb.png

I have faith the immaculate Sun Goddess was no doubt invested in something of utmost importance and I don't question her absence at all. Three alicorns should be enough to clean up a small smudge of disorder in only one town of her entire kingdom.

What if there was a kitten stuck in a tree in Trottingham, or someone was going to say something absurd like: "Luna is best princess." Hmm? Of course, Celestia would have to step in an save her other cities from time to time from catastrophe (pun not intended) and mayhem. It's not always about Ponyville...selfish bastards. Just because they're the closest hamlet to her capital, doesn't mean that they're more 'entitled' than any other town in Equestria.

But noo...if she's not there holding everyone's hoof every time an ursa major gets loose, or unspeakable evil from the unspeakable depths emerge to devour the souls of the living, then she's automatically labeled as "lazy."

Honestly, the nerve of some people.

Every time I think about it, I have to  say a small prayer to her Holiness that, "They didn't mean it," just because I feel like I'm the only one who cares about her feelings, sometimes.

Monsters.

• Brohoof 2

Well considering what I've heard about the final episodes in the season, it's quite possible that Celestia is busy hunting down or planning an attack on some sort of dark forces.

EDIT: And now that I think about, there's nothing that says that Twilight walking in at the end wasn't the NEXT MORNING.

Think about it. Maybe Luna could fly there quickly, but it would taking some time for Cadence to get there. And if it was the next morning, then yeah, Luna would have been up all night, during her work hours, helping. Twilight had to help because it's her home, and they might have had to call Cadence in because it STILL was too much to do on their own.

Edited by ShadOBabe

Celestia knew Twilight could take care of it. She is testing Twilight to see how she will be as a ruler since (SPOILERS... i think) (also i dont know this for certain, this is just from information ive seen on these forums in thread titles >:( ) (SPOILERS... i think)

it seems twilight is going to be receiving her own kingdom soon.

She's like, the head ruler of ALL EQUESTRIA. I've always understood that the other three are sort of lesser princesses. So she probably had a ton of work to do in Canterlot. I imagine ruling an entire nation isn't as easy as it seems.

Celestia knew Twilight could take care of it. She is testing Twilight to see how she will be as a ruler since (SPOILERS... i think) (also i dont know this for certain, this is just from information ive seen on these forums in thread titles > :( ) (SPOILERS... i think)

it seems twilight is going to be receiving her own kingdom soon.

Problem with that is Luna was there, according to Twilight.  She was not expected to handle it herself.

Celestia was probably in a meeting in the day court, that she attends in the morning while Luna, Twilight, and Cadence were cleaning up the mess.

That's...actually a perfectly reasonable excuse.

surprise_princess_luna_by_ultimateultima

• Brohoof 1

I assume Celestia was probably busy ruling Equestria. She's the head monarch over the entire realm, after all. She may 'technically' share that role with Luna, but Luna is younger, and has been shown to defer to her elder sister's wisdom a lot.

There's nothing to say Princess Cadence couldn't have been in Canterlot at the time. Perhaps they were busy planning for the Equestria Games when news of Rarity's little 'mishap' reached them. Celestia sent Cadence and Luna to go fix the damage while she continued watching over the rest of Equestria. Twilight helped out, since she was there already.

• Brohoof 2

I hope people who read my post realized I was joking.

Actually no I wasn't, this would all be a waste of Celestia's time. She's the head of all of Equestria for pony's sake, she has more important things to do than to keep flying to Ponyville. Heck, Ponyville has a princess living there, things should be taken care of.

Celestia is actually a federation alien, and the Prime Directive prevents her from taking any actions that would impact the development of Equestria in any meaningful way.

• Brohoof 1

Plot denies celestia to have any impact on equistria except during the summer sun celebration.

Plot has trapped her in her castle so that she is forbidden to help anypony unless they actually come in her castle or use dragonmail.

Because the writer picked their names out of a hat. ;-) The comment, although interesting, sorta came and went so quickly we're not given any context or background. Since we have zero supporting information everybody and anybody could have a viable theory.

Mine is that Twilight asked Luna and Cadence herself and didn't want to admit to Celestia she needed help.

Celestia has a lot of royal duties she's still getting used to Luna being around and being able to do some of the governing so Celestia takes on the tasks of ruling the nation even though she's more than capable of having help, Twilight who has done literally nothing with her wings and crown and Luna who is still catching up on modern Equestria. Then I dunno why Twilight called Cadence, I think she got there just before the job was done and just did a little while spreading love in Ponyville.

She spent the day on the phone with Zenimax Customer Service trying to recover her Elder Scrolls Online character who glitched into a rock.

Actually, I think it was Twilight Sparkle that called upon the help of Princess Luna and Princess Cadence, not Princess Celestia sending them to do her dirty work.

Also, Celestia is the high Princess of Equestria, I'm more than sure she's usually doing very important Princess duties and such when she's not seen. Or sleeping, she could be doing that too.