Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 2014 MLPF World Cup Interviews

Inactive01

(edited)

Spitfire

Spitfire, the fiery red and orange pony. One of the few pegasi that form the starting lineup of the Wonderbolts. She's made a number of appearances, most notably as the leader of the Wonderbolts Academy and the leader of the pegasi in forming a water tornado that provided the water supply for Equestria. Her most recent appearance saw her try to lure Rainbow Dash away from Ponyville's relay team to the Wonderbolt team of Ponyville, an unprecedented move from the otherwise fair pony. She finished as the runner-up to Discord in Qualifying to pass her onto the 2014 MLPF World Cup, and is now in Group E. She will have to face the likes of Rarity, Derpy Hooves, and Sunset Shimmer in the Group Stages. Regardless of the competition, her attractive appearance shines out to many of the Spitfire fans, including .

How did you first stumble upon My Little Pony?

Well, first and foremost, I was first introduced to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, through my Ex-gf, who gained an interest first in the show, back when it first came out.   You could say that, the first episode I sat through was Griffon the Brush Off, since that was her favorite episode.  So, here I am, watching the episode and all of sudden, i got this strange feeling that "Oh My God.......I'm a guy, watching a little girls show", yet I was so drawn into it that, i just couldn't walk away.  In the beginning of the episode, I realized "wait, why do all the voices sound familiar" and before the credits, I guessed every voice actress, without looking up any information on who they were.  Once I checked, I realized that almost all the voice actors/actresses came from the Anime, Black Lagoon.  Now that caught my attention immediately.  After the episode, I was just......so drawn that I had to watch another episode, but felt odd until I went to play Halo 4.   Now, not to go over board, but there is an "unicorn/alicorn" armor set called "FOTUS" which was pretty cool looking, so I tried it out.  In doing so, I heard someone over the mic say, "Brony".  Never knew what it was until my ex-gf showed me the documentary which literally blew my mind instantly.  After a few days, I learned about this group of "Bronies" and yet I felt odd again, b/c I didn't want to just say to the public "I’m a Brony and I watch MLP".  That part I was afraid of, but decided to go silent about it, so by that time, I continued watching episodes, reading fan fics, watching fan films, and to top that off, I began writing my own fan-fic to this day.

What was the defining moment of you deciding on your favourite character, if any?

Well, after watching a few episodes, Rainbow Dash caught my attention because of her personality that was similar to mine, in terms of being driven to win, athletic, upbeat, etc.  However, when I saw the episode Sonic Rainboom, I noticed the character, Spitfire, who was pretty cool looking, somewhat didn't give me an interest, because it was as if she was silent throughout the episode, excluding the ending.   Once I saw Best Night Ever, and hearing her voice along with her goggles off..........that just blew me away, b/c of her look and style.

Why do you love your character?

Well, throughout the seasons, I wanted to watch some episodes that she appeared in.  Specifically, The Wonderbolts Academy which that was like, "Hot Damn.........now that's one hell of a character".  The character in that episode, at that moment was just amazing, because of her personality.  Funny, when I studied the character throughout the episode, her sense of authority, responses, attitude, and facial expressions had fit the "don't mess with me or you’re going to get it" type of thing, which I for one, love.  Not to mention, and has been mentioned before..................she's fits the "sexy" look, because when she's calm, it’s as if she speaks with a sensual voice, which I think was a perfect idea, since she's always rough around cadets.  To see her calm side was great, and pretty much is what I love about the character. TBH, I’m hoping for more episodes of her in the future seasons.

If you were to give out a few rallying cries to your fellow fans for the MLPF World Cup, what would you say and do?

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED AND EARS OPEN, SPITFIRE FANS.............HERE LOSING IS NO OPTION AND I EXPECT ALL OF YOU TO KEEP UP.   WE ARE HERE TO WIN AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.   UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!          ALRIGHTY THEN, LET'S LIGHT EM' UP!!!

Do you have a preferred ship for Spitfire? If so, which ship is it, and why?

As of now.  No.   Yet, I was tempted to have my OC as a preferred ship for Spitfire, because both characters have the "sense of authority", but that's more towards "fan fic", so I'll leave it as is.

Spitfire's got it relatively tough in Group E, having to face Rarity, Derpy Hooves, and Sunset Shimmer. Out of these characters, which one would you think is the most likely victim of an upset against her?

Indeed, judging by the other competitors, it will be a tough match.  However, with Spitfire's determination and attitude, I would have to say Sunset Shimmer.  I felt that both characters have that "authority" type of personality as well as their facial expressions, I feel that both will be a good match, yet Spitfire would shut Sunset Shimmer right off the field. 

Spitfire's Flag

post-1689-0-16246000-1399587616.png

Spitfire's Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-17at23020AM_zps347b302

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 10

(edited)

Discord

Earlier we talked about Spitfire losing to Discord to take the runner up spot in her qualifying group to make the World Cup. Now we move on to the winner between the two characters: the lord of Chaos. He may be the only Draconequus canonically who appeared in the show, but he's already made his mark as a strong former antagonist turned good after the Season 4 finale. Having first appeared in Season 2 premiere and voiced by John de Lancie, there is little doubt to Discord's pedigree as a character. 

Fans have questioned Discord's purpose throughout Season 4, disappointed that their favourite chaos leader was reduced to mere trolling of the main characters with an only friend in Fluttershy. With the Season 4 finale, everything changed. Discord was finally good for good, and the producers may have given Discord a chance to prove himself worthy of the Knights of the Round Table Equestrian 6 in Season 5. Fan strength and confidence is strong in chaos, as portrayed by one of our top administrators, @~Chaotic Discord~

First got into MLP two years back, while my primary purpose of online existence was still utterly dedicated to Sonic. I staffed numerous Sonic forums of various sizes, and on one or two in-particular, several of the regulars were not only rabid pony fans, but were the obnoxious zealot types who threw around pony meme images and jokes whenever and wherever they could in threads. I found it obnoxious as did most, but while it turned me to have a poor and badly represented initial view of the fandom, it also planed the seeds for my interest. After that, I began to notice more and more pony around my Sonic hangouts and other online locations, until eventually, I sought out the first two episodes via Youtube, to see just what had everyone freaking out. The rest is more or less the tale of most fans. 'Two episodes' turned into 'several', turned into 'oh my god I love everything about this'.

What was the defining moment of you deciding on your favorite character, if any?

Discord's premiere and interactions with the primary characters and Celestia in Canterlot Castle's window pane hallway. The entire scene was incredibly well-done, Discord gave off a sinister, clever and all-together awesome villainous atmosphere, and I knew then that not only was he the best villain that would ever grace MLP, but one of my top characters in general.

Ironically enough, I do not love Discord 'BECAUSE HE'S Q FROM STAR TREK AND OGMOMODNIGMOSMJDKF', like I've found to be a primary reason for why most people fell in love with him. I found out about Q after Discord, since I never took interest in Star Trek. I love Discord for many reasons, so a list is probably more appropriate.

·         I've always loved myths, especially mythological creatures. It's part of why I enjoy G4 so much, with all its' monsters. Discord is a unique creature with unique, other-wordly powers that no one seems to know much about. He has an awesome appearance, and an even more awesome backstory. The former tyrant of the land, shrouding it in chaos for his amusement, before being petrified by his core opposite, the Elements of Harmony, for well over a thousand years. The myths, stories and legends told between ponies about him during that time must have been fascinating.

·         Charismatic characters are incredible, and in villainous roles as well as anti-hero roles, they're usually the best. Discord has the perfect personality for his character, and he steals the entire show every time he's on the screen, sometimes without even opening his mouth.

·         Reality-warping gods and alike omnipotent characters, as well as tricksters, are also an epic trope. You can do anything with a reality-warping being, and I really love the way Discord's written; the things he does, the tricks he pulls, and the clever visual gags he performs are all great.

·         Discord's character works great as the chaotic neutral character, just as it does as the villain, and though some won't agree with me, I'm just as happy with Discord as the way he is, following Keep Calm and Flutter On, as he was in The Return of Harmony. We've now had the best of both worlds, and now, as Meghan has put it, 'He can be the not-always-reliable ally' instead of the known enemy. More opportunities for us to use his character'. He doesn't have to play nice, he doesn't have to be stoned, and he can still cause plenty of mischief, chaos and shenanigans.

·         Discord was actually a catalyst for my getting obsessed with the show. I watched the first three episodes of MLP in order, but because an online friend of mine at the time had been pushing me towards the show for a while, he told me, 'You're going to love Discord ;)' over Skype. So, curiosity killing my metaphorical cat, I skipped right ahead to the Return of Harmony, fangasmed harder than I have over any other character in history, then went back to watching the series in order.

If you were to give out a few rallying cries to your fellow fans for the MLPF World Cup, what would you say and do?

First of all, thisthis and perhaps this.

Second of all, as followers of Chaos, always remember who true best pony, best character, best former villain, and soon, best princess, is. Never forget that Discord brings things to the table that no other character in MLP can, in ways of personality, gags and overall deliverance. He is worthy of the crown of any character tournament regardless of size or topic, and you must all join hands and aid his gloriousness in rising to the top by any means necessary. Remember, the only rule in chaos is, there is no fun in making sense.

I also asked another member, TheSupremeLeaderofChaos some questions of my own about Discord, and he gave me some very interesting answers…

How do you feel about Discord being "reformed" for the betterment of Equestria (before Season 4 finale)?

I think it is wonderful that Discord was 'reformed' for the betterment of Equestria. Prior to his reformation, the only possible character development for his character was him breaking out of stone again, causing chaos for a few hours, and being shoved back in a stone statue again. And again. And again.

Because he was reformed, his character now has a million directions he can go in. The one they seem to be leaning towards is a character who is ultimately good, but gets on the heroes' nerves. An antihero if you will.

That is the PERFECT role for Discord, and I am so glad they took that path with him.

Discord lost to Applebloom in March Madness. Any chance we can see a bounce back in the World Cup?

Woah, he lost to Applebloom? I love little Apple pone too, but seriously?  :P

I think there's a big chance he could bounce back. He is widely one of the most liked villains, and if the finale does what I hope it does, he could be a fan favorite for reasons other then his evilness.  :D Yeah, I think there's a chance for the King of Chaos in the World Cup!  ;)

Discord has been drawn into Group G. He will begin his tournament facing Derpy's fanon sister, Dinky Doo on June 15th. He'll then face the human aspirer Lyra 5 days later before ending his group stage campaign against Sweet Apple Acres' Big Macintosh on June 25th.

Discord Flag

post-1689-0-46331400-1399485062.png

Discord Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-17at24027AM_zps7d207b2

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Daring Do

Daring Do is the thrill adventurer of Equestria. She has traveled to exotic lands and defeated enemies of all kinds, whether it be Ahuizotl or Dr. Caballeron. She is the pony parallel to Indiana Jones, having been summoned to save the artifacts of the world while saving ponykind as we speak. Her resemblance to Rainbow Dash has captivated Daring Do and RD fans alike, both ponies being the pioneers of thrill, danger, and audacity. Even with only two appearances, Daring Do has already set herself as an author and adventurer.

Daring Do's qualification for the World Cup did not come easy however, having to face the likes of Rarity and Cheerilee. However, a superior vote differential over Cheerilee ensured runner up spot in her group and a place in the 2014 MLPF World Cup. However, her road to glory will not be easy as she has been grouped with Mane 6 character Rainbow Dash, Twilight's assistant Spike, and the ever elegant Princess Cadance. Now we will hear a few words from fanatic Daring Do fan, @Commander Hurricane

1. How did you first stumble upon My Little Pony?

I would find MLP videos on YouTube from time to time, but I would just overlook and ignore them because I honestly didn't know what it was all about and I didn't realize it's fandom was so big and dedicated. 

Then one day I was just scrolling around on YouTube and I saw that my favourite YouTuber had thumbs upped a video. The video was Pinkie raging about AJ breaking a Pinkie Promise (gee, that's one way to start a Brony life xD). So I was like "lolwut horses", but I clicked the video and watched it anyway because I was bored. And then I sat there after the video has finished for about 2 minutes like this "o___O" and then I was just like "Heck it, I'm watching more". That was a few months before season 3 had started. 

And then before I knew it, I was a Brony! ...well technically Pegasister but Brony is easier to say. Speaking of which, there really should be more things with Pegasister instead of Brony. Meh.

Then I somehow managed to convince all my friends to like MLP too. But now I need to convince my new friends, and that's gonna take some time. >.<

img-2675591-1-daring_do_by_ric_m-d4owzi0

2. What was the defining moment in you deciding on your favourite character, if any?

When I first joined the fandom, I was a huge RD fan. But then I was like "fluttershai all da way" for most of the time, and then I was a Rarity fan and then I was a RD fan and then I was a Daring Do fan!!!!! Whoo-hoo!

To be honest, I've only been a huge Daring Do fan for a few weeks. xP But the main reason she's my favourite is because of her cool hat. ...i'm joking. xD The actual reason is that I really love her epic bravery and her daring skillz...and hat. 

It was the Daring Don't episode that just made me be her #1 fan!

img-2675591-2-derring_do_by_willdrawforf

3. Why do you love your favourite character? 

I love Daring Do because she's just so Daring Do!

Firstly, She just so brave and cunning. I love her determination and the fact that she never gives up. She is intelligent, uses her wits to solve puzzles, pulls off disguises, and escapes many of Ahuizotl's death traps. You cannot say that she's not awesome! I bucking love her colour scheme and outfit and everything!!! Her voice is so damn se-I mean cute! I LOVE HER AWESOMENESS!!!! And I really like her skillz! SHE GOT SKILLS. THIS IS REALLY HARD TO WRITE FOR SOME REASON, I'M TERRIBLE AT WRITING LONG THINGS. AAAEGH. this is so hard to write. ;_; aaaaaa umm...And I like Daring Do's house!!!! And I ship Darizotl! xP

Furthermore, She is the most dazzling devilish darer to ever set hoof on Equestria! Her clothes and hat are absolutely marvelous and go perfectly with her coat and mane. She is, by far, the best pony there is in my opinion. And many other Bronies love her just as much! /)^3^( 

If you saw Daring Do, what would you do? Would you ask for a hug? Or an autograph perhaps? I know what I'd do.

In addition, Daring Do is practically invincible! She dodges every attack like a boss, she solves those dungeon puzzles like a boss! I reckon she could ace a Zelda game in 10 seconds flat. Speaking of 10 seconds flat, Daring Do is obviously just a RD recolour but that doesn't mean she's not unique! No other pony has her personality, much like any other pony in the show. But there's one thing about her that stands out though. And that one thing is that she is one of the only adventurers in all of Equestria, if not THE only one!

She has saved the world!!!!!!!!!!!

I also love how she writes her own Daring Do books. It just goes to show that no matter who you are, you can still do smart stuff. C:

In conclusion, her hat is awesome.

...those English lessons paid off. ¦3

4. If you were to give out a few rallying cries to your fellow fans for the MLPF World Cup, what would you say and do?

ATTENTION FELLOW BRONIES OF THE BRONY COMMUNITY! AS COMMANDER, I COMMAND YOU ALL TO CHEER ON FOR DARING DO! EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR HER FOR WHATEVER REASON, JUST STILL CHEER ON FOR HER! DARING DO FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 DARING DO WILL BE SAD IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR HER AT LEAST ONCE! AND IF SHE'S SAD, SHE'LL ONLY GET SADDER. AND IF SHE BECOMES SADDER, SHE'LL END UP GOING INTO DEPRESSION. AND IF SHE GOES IN DEPRESSION, SHE WON'T COME OUT OF HER HOUSE. AND IF SHE WON'T COME OUT OF HER HOUSE THEN SHE CAN'T STOP THE EVIL PEOPLE. AND IF SHE DOESN'T STOP THE EVIL PEOPLE THEN THE EVIL PEOPLE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WILL BE IN DEEP DEEP DARKNESS, DEATH, DESTRUCTION, DOOM, DISASTER, DEVASTATION, ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR DARING DO! WHICH WILL ALSO MEAN THAT YOUR FAVOURITE PONIES DIE AND THE WHOLE MLPF WORLD CUP WILL BE A DISASTER AND THIS WHOLE THING WILL BE RUINED FOR LIFE. AND THEN THE EVIL PEOPLE WILL LEARN HOW TO TRAVEL DIMENSIONS AND THEY WILL TAKE OVER OUR WORLD AND THEN WE WILL ALL DIE AND THEN HUMANS WILL BECOME EXTINCT AND THEN WE ALL DOOMED FOR LIFE.

img-2675591-3-nEBEJNB.png

-Commander Hurricane

...idk why i put "-Commander Hurricane". xD I guess I just like saying it. xP

Daring Do Flag

img-2675591-4-post-1689-0-45811300-13994

Daring Do Jersey

img-2675591-5-ScreenShot2014-02-17at2395

Zecora

Zecora is an oriental zebra who resides in the ever-mysterious Everfree Forest. Ponies have at first considered her a heretic and one not to be trusted. That all changed when she won the trust of the Mane 6 when she helped cure them of their ailments after encountering the Blue Flower. Ever since, Zecora has dabbled with potions and rhyming of all kinds that have helped the Mane 6 and CMC learn more about the magic of friendship. 

Now she is in Group B, and although the group is easier than others, there is still much competition that awaits, including the Apple-bucking Applejack, The Lord of the Changelings, Queen Chrysalis, and Ponyville's Mayor Mare. Now we take a look at and talk about his love for Applejack and Zecora.

A friend of mine told me about it and the fandom, I was surprised and confused because when I thought of My Little Pony I always thought of the G1 cartoon and toyline which ironically I later got to like after I gave G4 a chance (not nearly as much though and mostly for its surprisingly dark villains). Of course what really got my interest is when he told me about Discord, he sounded awesome so I watched the Return of Harmony two parter and found out Discord became my favorite villain and now favorite reformed villain with only G1's Tirek, Grogar and the Schmooze coming close. I figured that the show might have something going for it so I watched the rest of season 1 and 2 on youtube, got hooked and then kept up with the new episodes once season 3 started.

What was the defining moment in you loving your character, if any?

I have loved Applejack from the start, there was something about her I loved of course it didn't take long for me to come up with quite a few reasons though. I also really liked Luna and so Luna ended up tying with Applejack for my favorite and sometime around season 3 Twilight made it a three way which later broke with Applejack coming out on top due to her character development from season 3 and 4. As for Zecora I also liked her when I saw her, of course her being my friends favorite also influenced me but I think I would have liked her regardless. I like the message her character sends about not judging a book by its cover and accepting other cultures.

As I have said I like Zecora because of the positive message her character sends about accepting others differences. I grew up on the Autism spectrum and was singled out quite a bit for that so though the reason Zecora was singled out is different than mine I know full well what that is like. And I grew up in a multi cultural environment being the son of an Italian immigrant growing up in Southern California. With Applejack um well I wrote a blog post about just that actually.

http://mlpforums.com...k-is-best-pony/

There are a lot of great characters in this show with passionate fans but remember that tournaments like these are for fun and while fanboying is a lot of fun we must remember to keep things civil and to have fun. Go Applejack.

Zecora Flag

post-1689-0-71213400-1399552067.png

Zecora Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-17at23103AM_zps17d7457

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Princess Cadance

The princess of love. The princess of romance. Princess Candybutt. Whatever the name, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, more commonly known as Princess Cadance, is the Princess of the extravagant Crystal Empire. Her first appearance occurred during the invasion of Equestria by the ever devilish Queen Chrysalis. The invasion overtook the backdrop of a happy and extravagant marriage ceremony matched only by the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Princess Kate until the love of Cadance and Shining Armor saved the day. Since then, Princess Cadance has made few appearances in Seasons 3 and 4, having placed herself at the maintenance of the Crystal Empire. Such rulings have had their adventures as well, from the evil of King Sombra to the excitement of hosting the Equestrian Games.

Having topped her Qualifying Group that featured Zecora and Gummy, Princess Cadance finds herself with a sterner challenge in Group H, where she will have to face the likes of Mane 6 athlete Rainbow Dash, Twilight's assistant Spike, and adventurer Daring Do. Princess Cadance will have to get past at least two of these characters convincingly if she is to have a chance of going far in the 2014 MLPF World Cup. Her first match will be against Daring Do on June 16th, before facing Rainbow Dash and ending her group stage campaign against Spike. Now we take a look at who has a few words to say about Princess Cadance.

I heard of My Little Pony ever since the old 90s MLP Tales. I cowered away whenever they would show that horrid G3 and since then, stayed away from it. But, one day came when I was on deviantart and noticed there was a flux of pony stuff coming in. I wondered "What is all this pony stuff for?". I then was at school hanging out when I saw one of my friends watching something on youtube. I had to wipe my eyes. I could not believe it. "Are those...ponies?" I asked. So I asked what she was watching and she said "My Little Pony". I was like "No way! This can't be MLP. After all of that G3 horridness? Who could've done such a transformation? I was totally shocked. I then slowly started my research, but put it off since I was like a die-hard poke-maniac. During the early fall of 2013, I was in my dorm room looking up random vids on youtube. I was looking up funny "piano drop" moments and then I see something weird…a My Little Pony clip. I was surprised. I then clicked and watched it. I then found more and more clips to watch. I still was NOT immune to the theme yet. But then a day came when all of that changed. I made an arrangement of the theme and listened to it. I then listened to the real theme and then decided to watch "Sonic Rainboom". Right at that moment, was when I became a true brony.

What was the defining moment of you deciding on your favourite character, if any?

The deciding moment for me was when I saw Princess Cadence foal-sitting Twilight. I saw how much she cared for her, and lifted her up when Twilight called herself "just a regular unicorn". I wish that more people could model off Princess Cadence and just…love one another, because that's basically what life is all about. 

For Princess Cadence, it was from the start. I loved her silly laugh and how she carried herself. Despite her sensitive emotions, she just exemplifies how we should love one another through our adversities. As a matter of fact, she sort of resembles Jesus to me, in terms of her attitude. The Bible says to love one another just as they are. And despite Twilight's imperfections, Cadence chose to break though all of the barriers that would prevent someone from loving someone else and just loved on Twilight, even when she was foal-sitting Twilight. I even sometimes wish that Cadence could be my sister so we could talk and have conversations together. 

I would say "May the magic of friendship hold us together!" and no matter if we win or lose, I will keep a great attitude…because that's what friends do.

Princess Cadence's gotten herself into a "Group of Death" here with Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Daring Do. What would expect from Princess Cadence coming into the matches?

I would expect quite a few love spells and Cadence trying to bring things back to peace. Since she's the Princess of Love, she would do her best to try to keep the peace around. 

What you do feel is the best way to expand on Princess Cadence as a character, if any are needed?

As a character, I would love to see her background, how she became an Alicorn and her time before she met Twilight. 

Princess Cadance Flag

post-1689-0-29172200-1399485194.jpg

Princess Cadance Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-17at23830AM_zps42c4aa5

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

@@Sterling Crimson,

Awesome! GOOOOOO Cadence!!!!

Absolutely, I must admit I'm not the biggest Cadence fan, but I would TOTALLY rock that Jersey

Princess Cadance Jersey

img-2682131-2-ScreenShot2014-02-17at2383

Absolutely beautiful!

Edit: As followers of her fan club already know, I've actually grown a lot more fond of Cadence since this reply was posted

Edited by JLmle
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Absolutely, I must admit I'm not the biggest Cadence fan, but I would TOTALLY rock that Jersey

Absolutely beautiful!

I give the credit to @Frostgage for so graciously making the jerseys! :) If only we could actually produce them...

Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia is a character of many complexities. She has a long history of raising both the sun and moon for 1000 years after banishing Princess Luna (Nightmare Moon) to the moon. She has also hinted at numerous encounters with Discord and other ancient characters from King Sombra to even Starswirl the Bearded. Such a long history has piqued the interest of bronies everywhere. Fan-fics and comics have tapped into the possible story of Princess Celestia and her backstory as a consequence. Now colloquially known as "Sun-Butt", Princess Celestia certainly deserves much respect and admiration. She is a princess who upholds the day, and even with such a serious task, she can still have the time to mentor Twilight Sparkle and hear from all her friends. She certainly knows how to troll as well as we've seen throughout the series! 

While Princess Celestia knows how to have fun, she will certainly need to get serious when her World Cup campaign kicks off on June 13th. After losing to Derpy Hooves in World Cup Qualifying, her placement in Pot 3 resulted in her being drawn into a challenging Group D that features the queen of parties, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash admirer Scootaloo, and the ever enthusiastic Bulk Biceps. Now, we take a look at a Celestia admirer, a  moderator of MLPF: @SCS

An online friend of mine introduced me to the show sometime in either 2011 or 2012. I don't remember exactly when, but it was some time ago as, unless I am mistaken, not all of season 1 had aired yet by the time I got into the show. I was skeptical at first, because back then I automatically dismissed anything that was "girly" and assumed it was "below me." However, after the first episode of season one, I was intrigued, and after the second episode I was in love. My love for the show has only grown as time goes on.

I would not say that Princess Celestia is my favorite character. I don't have a singular favorite character, because all of them are so wonderful. However, Celestia is definitely one of my favorites. I feel like she exemplifies what the show is all about: kindness, love, wisdom, harmony, tranquility, peace, empathy, and compassion. She is an excellent role model, not just for young girls but for anyone with an open mind. 

The main reason why I love Celestia is the kindness, love, and patience she shows toward others. She is in a position of power and she also has tremendous magical power, including the ability to use dark magic, but she chooses not to. She chooses to use her position and her power for good. A lot of "leaders" here on earth could learn a lot from her. She is also very wise. I also love the visual design of her character and cutie mark.

GO CELESTIA! And all the other characters too, because they're all awesome.

What did you think of the Season 4 Finale, "Twilight's Kingdom"? Was there any particular segment you liked or disliked?

I loved the season 4 finale. It was absolutely fantastic. I love how season 4 had more of a continuous overarching story, and how it culminated in the finale. I loved the entire episode, but it was especially great to see the parts at the end involving rainbow power. It exemplifies something more clearly that has always been true in the show: the elements of harmony are far more than ancient magical artifacts. They are love and harmony itself, on a spiritual level. I feel that the mane six being able to activate the rainbow power without needing anything other than themselves and each other exemplifies this. I was sad to see Golden Oaks library go, but Twilight's new castle is beautiful as well.

What are you hoping to see with regards to the people having fun? How can one express their love for a character healthily? How far is too far?

I hope that people put friendship before the competition. I don't see anything wrong with being a super fan of a particular character and expressing that fact: what I do have a problem with is people bashing others who disagree. I have seen some negative behavior in the past surrounding people's opinions about characters, including some posts that were simply uncalled for. Why bring that kind of negativity to something that can be fun, relaxing, and harmless?

I'd say that people go too far in being a fan of a character if they start bashing people who disagree with them.

So, to summarize, I hope that people have fun, and put the friendship before the competition. 

Princess Celestia Flag

post-1689-0-15891000-1399484357.png

Princess Celestia Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-17at24048AM_zpscba8dad

• Brohoof 9

Now it's time for a special interview with a fan whose favourite character failed to qualify for the 2014 MLPF World Cup... It was very unfortunate because this character was just moments away from qualifying as well... Time to take a look at @Geek0zoid, a huge fan of Button Mash!

Button Mash

I guess I first stumbled upon it through PMV's and fan animations. My best friend was really the one who introduced me to the concept of bronies. When I first heard about it, I was a LITTLE creeped out, but I didn't care. As long as they minded their own business, I wouldn't bat an eye.

But, then, one night, he introduced me to the series via the season 2 premier. After that, I got hooked. I still have yet to watch every episode up to this point, but ever since that premier, I grew a huge interest in the series, and I'm happy to see it prosper.

Button Mash is just a character you can really relate to. We were all at least a bit awkward when we were younger, and some of us still are to this day. Lots of us were very curious, clumsy, and impatient when we were young, and I just see that in Button Mash.

When I look at Button Mash, I see myself. Him and I have a lot in common: We both have an interest in gaming, we're both all around awkward and clumsy, and we're both very curious about a lot of things.

If you're favorite character doesn't win, don't throw a shit fit. This is a game where fans of MLP come together and try to support their favorite character(s) in being the very best. Just have fun with it, and don't sweat it if your character doesn't happen to win. It's not the end of the world.

How did you feel when Button Mash narrowly missed out on the World Cup with a 62-59 loss to Granny Smith in the last game for qualifying?

A little peeved, but not exactly to the point of throwing a fanboy fit.

What is your favourite video game, ever? And why?

Sonic 3 and Knuckles on the SEGA Genesis. For a game with the most awkward-sounding title I've ever heard, I think it's one of the most perfect video games ever created. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are all designed in ways that make them unique, but they all still have the speed factor the Sonic series is known for. It's plot is small, it's a pretty meaty adventure, the level design is great, the music is WONDERFUL, it's just a fantastic game.

• Brohoof 5

lets hope that there is an applejack flag and jersey

Oh there is!! Haha Frostgage made all 32 jerseys, and a few people (including myself) worked on the flags. I was actually the one that did Applejack's flag. You can see them all in tiny-versions in my signature. Sterling will get to her!
  • Brohoof 3

Oh there is!! Haha Frostgage made all 32 jerseys, and a few people (including myself) worked on the flags. I was actually the one that did Applejack's flag. You can see them all in tiny-versions in my signature. Sterling will get to her!

looks very awesome thanks man! :wub:  but we (applejack fans) want to show the world that applejack is NOT a background pony so i really hope that sterling will get to applejack to show those idiots (applejack haters and people thinking that applejack is a background pony) that applejack have very loyal fans

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

looks very awesome thanks man! :wub: but we (applejack fans) want to show the world that applejack is NOT a background pony so i really hope that sterling will get to applejack to show those idiots (applejack haters and people thinking that applejack is a background pony) that applejack have very loyal fans

Other than calling names, I agree with you. I love AJ and her family! (I actually have a huge crush on her cousin Apple Fritter!!) I'm going to make a guess that Sterling is saving the Mane 6 for last.

Did you figure out which flag was AJ's? Haha I think it's probably the most vague one we made; we didn't want to be completely predictable with all of them!

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Other than calling names, I agree with you. I love AJ and her family! (I actually have a huge crush on her cousin Apple Fritter!!) I'm going to make a guess that Sterling is saving the Mane 6 for last.

Did you figure out which flag was AJ's? Haha I think it's probably the most vague one we made; we didn't want to be completely predictable with all of them!

i think i know which one is applejack its uhh ................ the second one?

• Brohoof 2

i think i know which one is applejack its uhh ................ the second one?

Haha yep. It's her mane and coat colors, with Bloomberg (the tree she was bringing to Appleloosa) in the center. 

137195455968.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Seeing that we are now only one week away from the 2014 MLPF World Cup, it's about time we got going with the Mane 6 characters! First up, we've got to feature our ever athletic and ever dashing rainbow pony, RAINBOW DASH! Let's take a look at a huge fan in

A couple summers ago I discovered TV Tropes and started spending a lot of time reading about things on there out of a lack of anything else to do. A lot of the pages there mentioned MLP and they sort of gave me the idea that it might be fun to try out sometime. After stumbling on a bit of fan music and having it stuck in my head for an entire weekend, I decided to give it a shot. I ended up marathoning the first couple seasons over the last few weeks of summer, and I was very glad I did.

Dash was my favorite from pretty much the beginning. Her attitude and feistiness caught my attention pretty quickly, but I think the key thing was how she spoke so fondly and longingly of being a Wonderbolt. Characters who are driven by dreams and who dedicate themselves to chasing them have always appealed to the romantic side of me, so that caused her to stand out when compared to the others.

See the above for the beginning of it. Going to try to not talk anyone's ears off here, but what really drew me into Dash's character is how the show's looked at her trademark bluster and how she goes after her dreams. Over time as she's had to face problems too big for her, we've gotten to see that she has some issues with confidence and depends a lot on others to help her feel good about herself. We've also seen that as amazing and as special as her dreams are to her, her friends and her principles come first in her heart. She wants to fly with the best, but she also isn't willing to compromise or do things she believes are wrong in order to get closer to that goal. She could singlemindedly focus on her own success and become a bigshot star, but like a real hero she chooses to help others like Fluttershy and Scootaloo get a little closer to achieving their best too. There's no denying that Dash was an immature and self-centered knucklehead when the show started out, but there's also no denying that she's grown up a hell of a lot, and that's been a real treat to see.

There's some other stuff like what a cute dork she can be, her sense of humor, but I think I covered the meat of it up there. For anyone wanting more to read, I'm sure I could point out a few posts of mine  :P.

Fellow Dash fans you mean? Guess I'd just say that I know there're a decent number of us out there and that it'd be pretty cool if we could band together, show some good spirit and do the rainbow horse proud in this thing. Here's to a good tournament and to being the best competitors we can be.

Were you surprised at all at Rainbow Dash having to face her favourite author and adventurer, Daring Do in Group H? 

Not especially since I knew anything could happen with the group draws. Guess we'll have to see how that goes.

How did you feel about Rainbow Dash's presence in Season 4? Some people said it was a disappointment.

Suppose her incredible Season 3 was a bit hard to live up to, but yeah, I can't really argue with that. Outside the moral (which I thought was pretty great), Daring Don't was blah and Rainbow Falls is something I can't call anything other than the worst episode of the series. Still though, she had one of the show's best episodes too in Testing Testing, and was also good in Flight to the Finish and Equestria Games. Overall, bit of a mixed bag and more up and down than I'd have preferred. Looking forward to whatever Season 5 has in store for her since this shouldn't be too hard to improve on, and I'd really love it if they let Merriwether write an episode for her again.

Rainbow Dash Flag

post-1689-0-07563500-1399485191.png

Rainbow Dash Jersey

ScreenShot2014-02-28at111210PM_zps20ed3d

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Yes! The mane six, finally. :)

One character per day I suppose?

Absolutely correct. Also, if anyone wants it, we have a free World Cup poster!

post-1689-0-86818900-1401913986.png

• Brohoof 5

Absolutely correct. Also, if anyone wants it, we have a free World Cup poster!

This will be my new wallpaper, thank you!  :) I'll be paying particular attention to groups B,C and G for the Apple siblings.

(edited)

What on Earth... Pinkie Pie and Nightmare Moon are close on today's friendly... With that in mind, guess who's next today... ;) and nice banner by the way ;)