Favorite card game/tcg?

Gourgeist

I absolutely love MTG. I have an EDH deck and two Standard decks. ^w^

I'll post some Tapped out links as soon as I put them up, even though my decks suck. :P

• Brohoof 1

Also, the game play is much simpler since you're not dealing with individual numbers bigger than 10 most of the time. C'mon Yugioh, just drop the unnecessary zeroes from everything! My friends that played back in middle school always had calculators out just to figure their damage counts. 

I first played / collected Magic back in the 90's, and WotC really went out of their way to revamp what was turning into a convoluted, confusing game at some point.  There's always the risk of that happening again, but I think they're doing a much better job nowadays.  Even the card borders have been dramatically improved (gods but the artifact / artifact creature border used to be ugly lol).  Though if you've got a ton of creatures in play...  And your opponent has a ton of creatures in play...  Declaring attackers / blockers can still get kind of hairy, I think.

I appreciate Yu-Gi-Oh! for the somewhat streamlined battle and summoning / monsters-as-resources mechanics.  Not having to fill half a deck with lands is kind of refreshing lol (CoC also approaches resources in a cool way), and I like being able to declare attackers individually and designate specific targets while doing so.  I also like that you're limited to five monster zones.  Yu-Gi-Oh! has gotten rather complicated so far as the card text is concerned, though.  "Okay, so this archetype's ability lets me do this...  If that other thing's in play...  And I haven't filled too many trap / spell zones...  And I'm standing on one leg...  Wait, huh?"  I still love it, though. xD

Obviously, MtG paved the way for those that came after, and I wish wish wish that Yu-Gi-Oh! did the fat pack thing like Magic.  WISH.

• Brohoof 1

...[MTG] was turning into a convoluted, confusing game at some point. There's always the risk of that happening again, but I think they're doing a much better job nowadays. ... Though if you've got a ton of creatures in play... And your opponent has a ton of creatures in play... Declaring attackers / blockers can still get kind of hairy, I think.

Well, I just built a Standard deck for the first time and took it to my first local Standard tournament today and got slaughtered in all four matches 0-2 x 4 = 0-8!

MtG is becoming more tricky with all these Gods and Planeswalkers running around everywhere, combined with mana ramping...to say my deck was unable to keep up would be a serious understatement!!

I played a casual EDH match as well but my Vampires gave me the very decisive win!

1-8 on the day--not bad! Haha

• Brohoof 1

Well, I just built a Standard deck for the first time and took it to my first local Standard tournament today and got slaughtered in all four matches 0-2 x 4 = 0-8!

MtG is becoming more tricky with all these Gods and Planeswalkers running around everywhere, combined with mana ramping...to say my deck was unable to keep up would be a serious understatement!!

I played a casual EDH match as well but my Vampires gave me the very decisive win!

1-8 on the day--not bad! Haha

I think you and anyone else who attends a tournament should be applauded, no matter how you fare.  I'd be terrified out of my mind lol; even at something small.  "I...  FORGOT HOW TO TAP!!"

Also, I wanted to post this photo I just took lol:

post-26550-0-75988800-1401337679_thumb.jpg

Before I stopped collecting, I wanted to construct the best Yu-Gi-Oh! deck out of the most adorable / harmless-looking monsters lol.

• Brohoof 1

I was big on the Pokemon TCG when I was younger- I probably had somewhere close to 1500 cards in my collection at some point. I don't play it anymore, but I still buy a booster pack or two every once and a while just for the heck of it.

I'd like to pick up some MLP TCG cards at some point too, though I don't know if I'd ever get the chance to use them.

I think you and anyone else who attends a tournament should be applauded, no matter how you fare.  I'd be terrified out of my mind lol; even at something small.  "I...  FORGOT HOW TO TAP!!"

Also, I wanted to post this photo I just took lol:

attachicon.gifcardz 001.jpg

Before I stopped collecting, I wanted to construct the best Yu-Gi-Oh! deck out of the most adorable / harmless-looking monsters lol.

Well, thanks! It was just a weekly local tourney, about 10 or 12 guys I think...I was kind of resigned to losing once I saw everyone else had spent $100s in trades or purchases building these ridiculously valuable and consistent control decks that played out the same way every game.

This is the deck I used to go 0-8 today

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-05-14-rakdos-riot/

It plays how Magic is meant to be played IMO, without perpetual combos that can only be built with big $$$. Today, I felt like I was playing Pokemon again, but with multiple creatures simultaneously.

and I already linked my EDH Vampire deck on the first page...

• Brohoof 1

I'm a big Pokemon TCG collector. I have a Meganium TCG tin and I have over 200 cards. I'm more of a collector than a player though, never played competively and all that. 

I've recently started collecting MLP CCG cards, I blame my boyfriend for that. haha

Well, thanks! It was just a weekly local tourney, about 10 or 12 guys I think...I was kind of resigned to losing once I saw everyone else had spent $100s in trades or purchases building these ridiculously valuable and consistent control decks that played out the same way every game.

This is the deck I used to go 0-8 today

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-05-14-rakdos-riot/

It plays how Magic is meant to be played IMO, without perpetual combos that can only be built with big $$$. Today, I felt like I was playing Pokemon again, but with multiple creatures simultaneously.

and I already linked my EDH Vampire deck on the first page...

That's why LCGs (Living Card Games) like CoC and AGoT are cool.  There are no booster packs, and the contents of expansions are fixed.  For a reasonable amount of cash, everyone has access to the same cards.  Then it's all about deck building.

Rakdos Riot seems like a solid deck to me.  I especially like that Cryptborn Horror that's included; seems like something that would be a lot of fun to play late in a game.  And I like Rakdos Cackler lol; the idea of a low cost 2/2 on your first turn (regardless of whether you played a swamp or mountain) appeals to me.

*Looks at Sorin's Thirst.*  And vampires...  Scare me. xD  When I played the MtG video games, I HATED going up against them.  Flying and lifelink everywhere.  So I know it's a formidable archetype.  I played mostly mono green (land out fast, high-cost beefy creatures, trample, precious little reach or flying lol).  Vampires often ate me alive...  So to speak.

Darnit I need to start buying MtG again lol.

• Brohoof 1

That's why LCGs (Living Card Games) like CoC and AGoT are cool.  There are no booster packs, and the contents of expansions are fixed.  For a reasonable amount of cash, everyone has access to the same cards.  Then it's all about deck building.

Rakdos Riot seems like a solid deck to me.  I especially like that Cryptborn Horror that's included; seems like something that would be a lot of fun to play late in a game.  And I like Rakdos Cackler lol; the idea of a low cost 2/2 on your first turn (regardless of whether you played a swamp or mountain) appeals to me.

*Looks at Sorin's Thirst.*  And vampires...  Scare me. xD  When I played the MtG video games, I HATED going up against them.  Flying and lifelink everywhere.  So I know it's a formidable archetype.  I played mostly mono green (land out fast, high-cost beefy creatures, trample, precious little reach or flying lol).  Vampires often ate me alive...  So to speak.

Darnit I need to start buying MtG again lol.

This is a good idea of the kinds of decks that my Rioters went up against today. At least three of the four I matched were this color scheme and played very similarly to each other:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/updated-kruphixs-slaves-4-0-help-please/

My vampires ate a green deck today!! haha He only got 3 creatures out and and started stealing them with Olivia...

There's not a lot of Lifelink in my EDH deck, but lots of creatures that get stronger every time, or spells (and a commander) that steal creatures, and 17 different kill spells! haha I just now realized that's how many killers there were! 

• Brohoof 1

This is a good idea of the kinds of decks that my Rioters went up against today. At least three of the four I matched were this color scheme and played very similarly to each other:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/updated-kruphixs-slaves-4-0-help-please/

My vampires ate a green deck today!! haha He only got 3 creatures out and and started stealing them with Olivia...

There's not a lot of Lifelink in my EDH deck, but lots of creatures that get stronger every time, or spells (and a commander) that steal creatures, and 17 different kill spells! haha I just now realized that's how many killers there were! 

Lol, poor green.  It's all about the long game; even get my flank handed to me by an onslaught of white or red (usually with haste) binkies.

See, this is why I'm not a competitive player (though there are numerous reasons besides, I'm sure xD).  I don't only want to build some killer deck; I want to try out different themes / strategies and play something I enjoy playing.  Not just fork over $$$$ and load my deck with all Planeswalkers. xD  Ten Planeswalkers in that one deck alone...  I don't even own a single PW lol.  In my world, you only need a deck that's good enough to beat whomever you can rope into playing with you.

• Brohoof 1

Lol, poor green.  It's all about the long game; even get my flank handed to me by an onslaught of white or red (usually with haste) binkies.

See, this is why I'm not a competitive player (though there are numerous reasons besides, I'm sure xD).  I don't only want to build some killer deck; I want to try out different themes / strategies and play something I enjoy playing.  Not just fork over $$$$ and load my deck with all Planeswalkers. xD  Ten Planeswalkers in that one deck alone...  I don't even own a single PW lol.  In my world, you only need a deck that's good enough to beat whomever you can rope into playing with you.

Same here. Tapped has that deck estimated at ~$400-$900!!! :o  Ridiculous. I have rent, utilities, and tuition that like taking all my money. >_>  I think the next cards I'll buy will be the RD/PL deck from the new Canterlot Nights expansion so I can play against my brother-in-law. I don't know any bronies in my area to play with.  :okiedokielokie:

Just a suggestion--remove your commander from the "Creatures" section! They're already counted as the commander. The card count should say 99 along the right panel.

That, and maybe check out some specialty Non-basic lands. I've been noticing everyone is favoring those Temples, or the NBLs like "Hallowed Fountain" or "Steam Vents." They're especially helpful in multi-colored commander decks since the 2 life optional cost doesn't drain you as much in EDH. Personally, I prefer the NBLs from Eventide whose names I can't remember, but they do this kind of thing:

T: Add (1) to your mana pool.

(W/R) T: Add WW, or WR, or RR to your mana pool.

(edited)

Just a suggestion--remove your commander from the "Creatures" section! They're already counted as the commander. The card count should say 99 along the right panel.

That, and maybe check out some specialty Non-basic lands. I've been noticing everyone is favoring those Temples, or the NBLs like "Hallowed Fountain" or "Steam Vents." They're especially helpful in multi-colored commander decks since the 2 life optional cost doesn't drain you as much in EDH. Personally, I prefer the NBLs from Eventide whose names I can't remember, but they do this kind of thing:

T: Add (1) to your mana pool.

(W/R) T: Add WW, or WR, or RR to your mana pool.

I was planing on getting some of the filter-lands, but they are a minimum of $12, and I want to get a Thassa and a Purphoros to finish out the gods I could use, and let them both finish out a huge combo.

Thassa for a Scry, Keranos for Lightningbolt/extra draw, Ephera for if a creature entered the battlefield the previous turn, and Purphoros to be a Shock to all other players when a creature comes in.

Edited by CrazyClay
  • Brohoof 1

For now, it's Kanzume Goddess. A deck builder game from Japan about Norse Gods battle Greek Gods.

Then in a few months, I'll get Barbarossa which is Japan anime Germany WW2 invasion of Russia.

• 2 weeks later...

I play Magic: the Gathering, mostly. Like, a metric shitton of mtg. My favorite format is EDH (I have 11 EDH decks and am in the process of building 2-3 more), but I'm also getting more into Modern. I used to play Standard, but WotC has been really dumbing it down lately, so I'm getting out. Just waiting for rotation so I can get my full set of shocklands and mutavaults for cheap(er). I'm not sure what my next magic project is going to be; either an EDH Cube, those few EDH decks I mentioned earlier, or making a new Modern deck or two.

I think I have ~8000 cards, and the number is ever growing :)

I also play a bit of:

SolForge

Legend of Five Rings

Yu-Gi-Oh (only the handheld games, though)

Cardfight Vanguard

MLP CCG

I played Yu-Gi-Oh TF5 on my PSP before coming to America. There was a point where I just played that game. Oh the memories. I created 20 legit decks (w/o) illegal card (I think it was the March 2013 list). This is my favorite card.

DestinyEndDragoonLODT-EN-UR-1E.png

This is the description :

"Destiny HERO - Plasma" + "Destiny HERO - Dogma"
Fusion Summon of this card can only be done with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controlsdestroy that target and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK on the field. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Destiny HERO" card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.

Use this with E.Hero deck. GG.