movies/tv Is there any cartoon that can beat MLP

Lankman

Batman the Animated Series could give MLP a run for it's money, it has memorial lines, great voice work, and has some amazing animation, with the incredible talents of Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamil as the Joker, this show set a new standard for Batman, it wrote Mr. Freeze as a tragic figure, seeking revenge and is driven no matter who's in the way, rather than the comedic, campy villain from the sixties show or Batman and Robin, the Riddler was a classy and demented character in this series too, plus this was the show that gave us Harley Quinn, the Joker's deranged girlfriend, and is easy one of the most memorable character from the series, and finally the soundtrack, Shirley Walker gave us an great musical score from the intro to zany Joker theme, this show holds up very well too, no matter how old it gets, Batman the Animated Series has become part of an icon.

http://youtu.be/lEx9r5enZsk

• Brohoof 1

Well...I haven't felt the need to endlessly draw non-pony stuff, let's put it that way.

datte_request_v2_by_wize_kevn-d7hcnbq.png

^Click for my Deviant Art^

You truly are the Rosa Parks of not understanding what r34 is.

Batman the Animated Series could give MLP a run for it's money, it has memorial lines, great voice work, and has some amazing animation, with the incredible talents of Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamil as the Joker, this show set a new standard for Batman, it wrote Mr. Freeze as a tragic figure, seeking revenge and is driven no matter who's in the way, rather than the comedic, campy villain from the sixties show or Batman and Robin, the Riddler was a classy and demented character in this series too, plus this was the show that gave us Harley Quinn, the Joker's deranged girlfriend, and is easy one of the most memorable character from the series, and finally the soundtrack, Shirley Walker gave us an great musical score from the intro to zany Joker theme, this show holds up very well too, no matter how old it gets, Batman the Animated Series has become part of an icon.

http://youtu.be/lEx9r5enZsk

I forgot about this, I love Harley Quinn :yay:

I hope that you guys don't get mad at me when I tell you at some points FIM is beat out in favor of LPS in my book. I really do love FIM I just do not do the whole " this cartoon is better than this one" argument. I just like the cartoons. There are just too many cartoons that i love nostalgic and present to say whether or not MLP is better than all the others.

• Brohoof 1

Facebook: Josh B.

(edited)

@

I highly doubt Clannad or MLP combined could get sadder than this.

Or this:

Or even this:

(major spoilers for PMMM in all vids, especially the last one)

Edited by Kumo

7IA2CZq.gif

aromatisse is the sass master

i <3 rwby, game grumps and homestuck. uwu

obey submit consume

@

I highly doubt Clannad or MLP combined could get sadder than this.

Major spoilers for PMMM in that vid, don't watch if you haven't watched Episode 10 yet.

I still need to watch that show, but from what the title says I still don't think it is as sad as Clannad. Dying in battle is sad, but dying because of an uncontrollable circumstance and leaving your child in the arms of her father is a worse way to go...

Skip to 2:30 if you don't want the back story/build up.

e903e0168e.png

Dying in battle is sad,

Ehe, nonononononono, they aren't dying from battle.

They are dying because when they became magical girls they agreed to have their souls incarnated into a gem.

They are dying because those gems became corrupt, and so they are now the living embodiments of despair.

7IA2CZq.gif

aromatisse is the sass master

i <3 rwby, game grumps and homestuck. uwu

obey submit consume

Ehe, nonononononono, they aren't dying from battle.

They are dying because when they became magical girls they agreed to have their souls incarnated into a gem.

They are dying because those gems became corrupt, and so they are now the living embodiments of despair.

FUN! Isn't anime just a heep of happiness and joy! Best Examples:

Clannad After Story

The finale of Code Geass

The ending of Angel Beats

Most of H2O Footprints in the Sand

A good chunk of Higurashi

Nina, Hughes, and almost every death from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

and the list goes on

e903e0168e.png

I know! But seriously, there is some dark sh*t in PMMM. 

I know... my brother watches it and cries like a bitch... I need to watch it soon, but my watch later list is like 30 titles long and it is in number 27 on it.

e903e0168e.png

(edited)

Samurai Jack as far as imagery, symbolism, animation style, action sequences, artistic freedom, and multicultural tributes.

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)
  • Brohoof 1

Posibility and Potential are my two favorite words.

With the power of Turkish Kung-Fu!

• 1 month later...

*COUGH*

Darkwing Duck

Ducktales

Redwall: The Animated Series

Batman: The Animated Series

Invader Zim

Xiolin Showdown

Animaniacs

Dragonball

Dr. Slump

Freakazoid

Histaria

Silverwing

Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Laboratory

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Megas XLR

Dan Vs.

Adventure Time

Steven Universe

There's actually quite a lot of shows out there better than FiM.

*COUGH*

Darkwing Duck

Ducktales

Redwall: The Animated Series

Batman: The Animated Series

Invader Zim

Xiolin Showdown

Animaniacs

Dragonball

Dr. Slump

Freakazoid

Histaria

Silverwing

Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Laboratory

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Megas XLR

Dan Vs.

Adventure Time

Steven Universe

There's actually quite a lot of shows out there better than FiM.

I'm sure a lot of those are nostalgia induced... I went back to watch Xiolin Showdown and guess what, it is nowhere near as good as I remembered it. 

e903e0168e.png

I'm sure a lot of those are nostalgia induced... I went back to watch Xiolin Showdown and guess what, it is nowhere near as good as I remembered it. 

Really? Because the first time I watched Xiolin Showdown was 2012. Little hard to feel nostalgic about a show you first started watching only 2 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

Well, for me, no. Some shows like Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, Blazing Dragons, and Justice League come close, but FiM just appeals to me in a deeper sense than any other animated show.

That also includes my favorite anime Code Geass.

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

(edited)

Arthur, I used to LOVE that show when I was a lot younger.

Today's standards. I don't see it.

Anyway, MLP Is the only show I ever watch.

Edited by Cyan Blue

PSfGB1b.png

Sweet Sig by Lunia

Avatar Image by PegasisterJayfeather

CM By Scilight Paitanibu 

Ehh... To be honest, FiM is the best show I've seen yet. The last time I remembered being hooked onto an animation NEAR this was Homestar Runner. Which FiM filled the empty space of Homestar after the series ended, I'd say the same with Bionicle.

But I see some people here saying that an anime could be better, but the only one I actually enjoyed was *AHEM* Get ready for me to pronounce the name: "Bobobo-bo bo-bobo." Strange name, huh? But it's actually pretty funny, look up the "You Got Schooled!" moment. 

out of my swamp