Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Was there ever a Super Mario TV show?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

This is a weird question, but I'm just curious.

Plus I'm a huge Mario fan.

Is there a Super Mario TV show?

Like a cartoon or something?

If so, is it any good?

Should I even watch it?

post-25645-0-49843000-1401107536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

It's so weird... I was just watching this yesterday!

This show came out in the late 80's and I just vaguely remember watching is when I was super young.

If you like old cartoons with corny humor then I guess it's worth a watch.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yes there was, it was back in the 80's I think called the super mario brothers: Super show.

Sorry to disappoint but the show was really, really bad while the casting for the live action mario was alight, the animated portion was horrible, poor story and just ripped off famous ideas without doing anything to make them enjoyable, Indiana Jones and star wars for example.

And the opening rap for every episode, sends unnerving shivers down my spine in horror.

If you love Mario, I can't recommend it, if you like to watch the world burn then, well....

(oh and there was a legend of Zelda section on that same show, which also sucked.)

There are a lot of other Mario cartoons as well, which I cannot list, some were alright I suppose and most of the episodes can be found on random kids tv channels but that one "super" show is the one that sadly sticks in most people's minds.

Edited by Hyper
  • Brohoof 2

This show came out in the late 80's and I just vaguely remember watching is when I was super young.

Oh God.

Why are there two men dressed up in Mario and Luigi suits...

Oh God.

Why are there two men dressed up in Mario and Luigi suits...

The horrid live action opening to the show before the cartoon started, but the guy who did mario was a professional wrestler at the time, that's the best part of this show.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha, I guess a lot of the live skits and weird rap sequences were pretty cringe-worthy. Suppose that was just the "cool" thing to do at the time.

Still, for whatever reason I actually enjoyed it!

They've got every episode on Netflix and Youtube if you're interested in watching it. Wax47MV.gif

• Brohoof 1

Funny, my older brother remembers watching this a little bit when was a kid. When I ask him about it now he just laughs about how bad it was lol.

Watching clips of it now days, I'm glad I never watched it as a kid :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's actually a lot of Mario TV shows! While there is the Mario Brothers Super show, there were several other series, and two movies too!

Here's some of the main ones. Quite a few of them are named after and based on some of the games:

Super Mario World

The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros. Super Show

I'd recommend watching "The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3". While the other two are also very good (yes, I enjoyed the Super Show, please don't hate! :P ), if you want a very good one, the SMB3 is definitely the best!

There's also two movies. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (not that good, and kind of weird), and for the Japanese animation fans there's "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyustshutu Dai Sakusen". It's hilarious!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3
  • Brohoof 2

This is a weird question, but I'm just curious.

Plus I'm a huge Mario fan.

Is there a Super Mario TV show?

Like a cartoon or something?

If so, is it any good?

Should I even watch it?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I only know that I used to watch it, but I was just a baby. It's probably cheesy by now, but it might be charming. I'm actually planning to watch it when I have more time

PD: The Koopalings have different names here, but there I'll use their game names. Iggy and Lemmy are Twilight Sparkle, and Wendy is Rarity  :yay:

I remember watching a veerryy old cartoon of Super Mario. He played the role of a plummer more than anything else, though.

I would recommend it, but perhaps only for a history look-back if you're into the Modern Mario. :D

That show WAS on Netflix, didn't go well with reviews I don't blame it. It kinda scared me... HOWEVER there was an actual Cartoon with good animation that WAS a show. I do not know the name of that show though.

That show WAS on Netflix, didn't go well with reviews I don't blame it. It kinda scared me... HOWEVER there was an actual Cartoon with good animation that WAS a show. I do not know the name of that show though.

Did they take it off? I was literally just watching it on there yesterday... YEsdgTn.gif

(edited)

Did they take it off? I was literally just watching it on there yesterday... YEsdgTn.gif

I have no idea, I haven't watched it for like months. lol

I understand what you meant by that, lol I haven't seen it on there emphasis the sentence above.

Edited by Paladin Butters

I used to watch it when I was little, but It used to be on the air before. I believe it was on the air a long time ago so I don't remember when that year was so Pretty much it was recorded on a video tape. I think it's most likely my brothers that watched the actual show and we recorded it on the video tape If I remember correctly.

(edited)

Sonic > Mario

FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*Waits for the topic to turn upside down and chase me with torches and pitchforks*

Edited by Discordian

Sonic > Mario

FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*Waits for the topic to turn upside down and chase me with torches and pitchforks*

I remember Sonic being pretty corny too.

Chili dogs! Weird real-life advice for children to not do drugs or get abducted and raped. Outdated slang and cheesy dialogue.

Sonic was quite the sassy fella. w32zLW4.gif

I remember Sonic being pretty corny too.

Chili dogs! Weird real-life advice for children to not do drugs or get abducted and raped. Outdated slang and cheesy dialogue.

Sonic was quite the sassy fella. w32zLW4.gif

I'm a huge Sonic fanboy so I love the Sonic cartoons by default. The one you're talking about is the comedy-based Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. There was also SatAM cartoon (aired on Saturday mornings, of course) which was based on the comics, or the comics were based on them, I never remember which. There's also Sonic Underground which is the worst animated of them all and features Sonic and a brother and sister he didn't know he had in a rock band. They use the music for combat.

Cheesy as hell but that's just the way I like it. Cheese is good. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Only one, they didn't do another because the first one sucked royal ass.

But it was an american TV show. In Japan they did some animation, and was certainly better, but did not stay for a show.

There was Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World. I haven't watched much of Super Show or SMB3 but I've seen most of Super Mario World. It's a decent show and it has the classic episodes Mama Luigi and Yoshi Shuffle.