Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HorsesandMOARGaloar

"The portal to Canterlot High, with its whole parallel universe, was created by Discord for his amusement. It is a parasitical universe that feeds on its main universe with every opening, 'once every thirty moons'. If it were to be destroyed, it could also destroy the FiM universe as well!"

That sounds pretty cool.

And creating a boring, mundane world where everypony overreacts about minor things would be exactly the kind of thing Discord would do. It'd be like mashing up Gurren Lagann and Code Geass, making it into a Sitcom, and keeping the Over-The-Topness and Hot-blooded awesomeness intact, while still removing the Geasses and Spiral Powers.

I think that theory sounds cool and riffs off the comic canon about these kinds of mirrors and how overuse can link the worlds together. They could do some pretty creepy stuff with this mirror angle. I'm supposing there are many more magic mirrors in Equestria...

It's a great base, and would make a great fanfic on what Discord was doing at the time equestria girls takes place, but there isn't sufficient evidence for me to concur with this theory.

• Brohoof 1