Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology How many screens do you use for your PC/Laptop?

Tom Snyder

As the title states, i'm curious; how many screens you use for your PC/Laptop?

rca-1815-6101601-1-product.jpg4ca6e6fbcef1725d336573e70.jpg

My RCA LED TV Screen                                                             My Dell Latitude D530 Laptop.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 2

I only have one monitor on my desktop computer and one on my laptop. I don't really need two. (I would probably find them useful if I had another one, though. :lol: )

• Brohoof 2

Skip to 4:09 to see more info of my laptop and 4:48 for my secondary (preview) monitor. :)

Disclaimer: This tour of my setup is yet to be updated. This tour was made in August last year. However, my laptop and monitor is still on my desk by the time I am typing this.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 3

One screen each. The concept of having two screens for one computer confuses my mind. I also don't think it would work for me, it would very likely make me dizzy!

• Brohoof 2

One screen each. The concept of having two screens for one computer confuses my mind. I also don't think it would work for me, it would very likely make me dizzy!

I see what you mean.

However, for people like me who need more workspace for a better workflow for multi-tasking, having 2+ screens for 1 computer can be very resourceful and useful so that we do not have to deal with crammed spaces.

You do understand that, don't you?

• Brohoof 1

Desktop PC, 4 Screens. Three 27" (1920x1080) eyefinity and one 34" (3440x1440) above them hanging on the wall (alignment in the corner of the room)

Woah!  :wau:

How were you able to afford that setup!? That must've costed you a lot, hasn't it?

I have 4, but RARELY have them all on at once. I usually just use 1 or 2 at a time. Adjusting the color to match on all of them was a real PAIN IN THE ASS though. :baconmane:

Left to right:

• 40" Samsung 3D LED TV (1920X1080)
  • 20" Samsung LCD monitor (1680 x 1050) on desk
  • 17" Dell LCD Monitor (1280X1024) on desk
  • 32" Sony LCD TV (1920X1080)- I just hung this one when taking the picture- hence the beautiful cord.

post-24370-0-64937200-1430327042_thumb.jpg

It is pretty cool/crazy to have all of them working when video editing. :D Trying to use a smartphone after working on this monster for a while is aggravating. :okiedokielokie:

(Gilda is "hiding" somewhere in that picture too)

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

I have 4, but RARELY have them all on at once. I usually just use 1 or 2 at a time. Adjusting the color to match on all of them was a real PAIN IN THE ASS though. :baconmane:

Left to right:

• 40" Samsung 3D LED TV (1920X1080)
  • 20" Samsung LCD monitor (1680 x 1050) on desk
  • 17" Dell LCD Monitor (1280X1024) on desk
  • 32" Sony LCD TV (1920X1080)

attachicon.gifcomputersetupsm.jpg

It is pretty cool/crazy to have all of them working when video editing. :D

(Gilda is "hiding" somewhere in that picture too)

That is a very damn impressive setup there. :) And I've just happened to find Gilda right underneath the 20" Samsung Monitor. ;)

And I may suggest something? If you are going to use that setup for video editing, you will need to get all of your monitors (or at least the specific ones you use for video editing) calibrated in order to get the most accurate colour output as possible (unless you have already done so).

That is a very damn impressive setup there. :) And I've just happened to find Gilda right underneath the 20" Samsung Monitor. ;)

And I may suggest something? If you are going to use that setup for video editing, you will need to get all of your monitors (or at least the specific ones you use for video editing) calibrated in order to get the most accurate colour output as possible (unless you have already done so).

I put a color bar type thing up as a desktop background to start, and then put up a detailed picture to further tweak the colors. It was not fun.

When editing I generally run the input source through the right Sony TV and the full-screen preview on the left Samsung TV. I use the center Samsung for the editing program and the Dell on the right for internet and/or file browsing.

• Brohoof 1

secret: my husband's amex.

Yikes! How are you gonna pay that off? :confused:  Debt is a serious matter, and I pledged myself to never get into it. I sure hope you've already made a payment plan to pay it off (not that it's any of my business. However, I'm only stating my concern).

I put a color bar type thing up as a desktop background to start, and then put up a detailed picture to further tweak the colors. It was not fun.

When editing I generally run the input source through the right Sony TV and the full-screen preview on the left Samsung TV. I use the center Samsung for the editing program and the Dell on the right for internet and/or file browsing.

Oh, so you used this to calibrate the screens?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

One acer 1680x1050 24", one BenQ 1920x1080 27" and my new Samsung 3840x2160 28" :wub:

I want to get rid of the acer one and get another 1080p screen since it's very old but I don't have the money atm

• Brohoof 1

One acer 1680x1050 24", one BenQ 1920x1080 27" and my new Samsung 3840x2160 28" :wub:

I want to get rid of the acer one and get another 1080p screen since it's very old but I don't have the money atm

Why not sell the Acer one then? ;)