Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tea Lovers Club

Virgil

Everyone knows of my passion for coffee, but I also love tea. ^^

Most of what I drink is matcha or some form of green tea. Earl Grey is pretty good too, as is darjeeling. My experiences in tea are much more limited than what I've done with coffee, I'll admit. Still a good way to unwind though. Unlike most other southerners, I hate sweet, iced tea. My preference is some form of hot tea, but never with any sweetener in it. I take my tea just like I take my coffee. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

Anyone got any suggestions on exotic or fruit teas??

Well, if you want to try something "exotic " I'd suggest trying Ripe Pu-Erh Tea it's a very unique experience and can put coffee to shame in some ways (no offense Artemis ;) ), for fruit teas... I'd take a look at a tea website called Adagio , as they have a number of types of herbal teas and you can get various sample size packs.
  • Brohoof 1

There are tons of variants of tea all with their own effects. All kinds of herbal mixes too that can have quite good medical benefits.

But at the end of the day *adopts yorkshire accent* nothing beats a good cuppa.

Of course, earl grey and tetley are the ones often filling my tea mugs.

• Brohoof 3

I enjoy Thai Iced Tea and Bubble Milk Tea especially during the summertime. I usually get Thai Iced Tea in a can from a local oriental store or a Thai restaurant. There are actually a lot of places in the Bay Area where you can get Bubble Milk Tea since the Bay Area has a large Asian population. Southern-style iced tea is also good too.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

:wau: HOW HAVE I NOT FOUND THIS EARLIER?!

Any who, first off, Earl Grey is best tea. :proud:

With Winter coming, I'm definitely enjoying myself lately and spoiling myself with a range different stuff. We've got a store called T2 over in Australia, and it's pretty much my favourite shop in the world. They even make give out free samples of already made tea! :grin2:

:huh: While I'm here, I'm curious as to whether any of you have tried "Lapsang Souchong"?

:blink: It has the weirdest flavour you could ever imagine!

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy Thai Iced Tea and Bubble Milk Tea especially during the summertime. I usually get Thai Iced Tea in a can from a local oriental store or a Thai restaurant. There are actually a lot of places in the Bay Area where you can get Bubble Milk Tea since the Bay Area has a large Asian population. Southern-style iced tea is also good too.

Aw man I still regret not making time to go to Chinatown during BABS to try their tea. Down in LA we got Little Tokyo and Chinatown though. And I just moved to a very heavily-Asian area so the grocery stores here have awesome authentic tea for cheap prices (well, as cheap as SoCal can get.)

General note for the thread: As hideously overpriced as Teavana is, you gotta try the Jasmine Dragon Pearls blended with Dragonfruit Passion. It's amazing.

• Brohoof 1

:wau: HOW HAVE I NOT FOUND THIS EARLIER?!

Any who, first off, Earl Grey is best tea. :proud:

With Winter coming, I'm definitely enjoying myself lately and spoiling myself with a range different stuff. We've got a store called T2 over in Australia, and it's pretty much my favourite shop in the world. They even make give out free samples of already made tea! :grin2:

:huh:While I'm here, I'm curious as to whether any of you have tried "Lapsang Souchong"?

:blink: It has the weirdest flavour you could ever imagine!

I've had it once or twice - I liked it.  :) And would I recommend it? Indeedy do di.  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Wow I wish I found this thread sooner. I absolutely love tea! My favorite kind of tea are fruity teas. They have a nice taste to them without being overly sweet. I also like iced tea; specifically Snapple and Arizona brand.

Does anyone go to Teavana? There teas may be expensive, but I do go there occasionally to buy tea.

Edited by Sommar
  • Brohoof 1

There isn't enough time in the day to explain why tea is great. :lol: And with weather getting better I can start brewing up Ice Tea again.

• Brohoof 1

I luv tea! My favorite is Green Tea, but I usually buy it already made from the gas station every so often. I do also like chamomile tea (the bagged kind), and I prepare it by adding the sugar to the hot water before I add the bags in then just shake it.

....Oh, and I drink tea from a water bottle. I rarely use a cup, unless I'm sick or we don't have any bottles.

:huh: I do wanna try Earl Grey (my Black Butler vibes are tingling!). My local restaurant actually has it, so I might ask them if I can have some or if I'm able to bring some bags home with me.

The tea I usually make is regular Lipton Sweet Tea (the ones that come in li'l bags and have that string on the top), and we prepare it in a big container with the sugar already mixed into the hot water before we let it cool in the fridge.

• Brohoof 2

I've had it once or twice - I liked it.  :) And would I recommend it? Indeedy do di.  :catface:

Lol, it is definitely an acquired taste, I hear some people describe it as "burnt sausage on a pile of sticks flavour". As a person that isn't overly find of sweet tastes, it's quite an experience! :proud:

....Oh, and I drink tea from a water bottle. I rarely use a cup, unless I'm sick or we don't have any bottles.

:huh: I do wanna try Earl Grey (my Black Butler vibes are tingling!). My local restaurant actually has it, so I might ask them if I can have some or if I'm able to bring some bags home with me.

The tea I usually make is regular Lipton Sweet Tea (the ones that come in li'l bags and have that string on the top), and we prepare it in a big container with the sugar already mixed into the hot water before we let it cool in the fridge.

Drinking tea out of a bottle? Wow that's hardcore! Unless of course it's not scalding hot! I just drink it out of thy plain teacups with the saucer plate. I prefer to be very specific when it comes to the ratio. I sacrifice a little less tea for the great flavour! :catface:

Also never heard of this sweet tea. Maybe it isn't popular in Australia or I'm mistaking it for something else! :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I know this'll be coming as a surprise to see me post on this since I'm typically talking about how awesome coffee is. But I do enjoy tea and I have been for the past... eh... I'd say 3 to 4 years. I grew up not liking it and wondering how people could enjoy such a thing, but with me in the my adult years I began to see a bit better what the buzz is all about.

In truth my favorite tea as of right now is Green Tea. It's such a calming drink with a great flavor to it. I've also started trying out brewed teas a bit more recently. They are good with a touch of sugar but I'll admit that I'm liking it more than I use to. I see tea as a excellent stress relief. I kinda kick myself for not seeing it sooner in my teenaged years. I guess I was pretty naive at the time. Heh, I guess well all would be at one point or another.

• Brohoof 2

Green tea is the only tea I cannot drink all that much. If it's mixed or weak, I can usually drink it.

• How many of us have had white tea?  :muffins:

• How many of us have had white tea?  :muffins:
*raises hand*

I can't drink it for the same reason you don't drink green tea. It just seems ultra plain to me as the name suggests, it's rather blank! :lol:

Maybe I just haven't found a decent brand. :P

;) Although I know the feel with green tea, It nearly always comes in infusions and is always almost too strong or weak. The laws of balance deny me the private of a perfect cup!

:umad:

• Brohoof 2

Weird to see this thread pop back to life.

I have been trying a lot of different teas the last year, I have found out that the leaves and how they are mixed in tea is really important, I have found green tea which taste like grass and I have found green tea which taste like fruity berries. Same thing with white tea just that I found a bitter one instead of a sweet one.

Lately I have gotten into tea bags for some fast tea and I love camomile and some caramel vanilla or something tea(it is delicious for some bag tea)

point: I love white and green tea, but not all types of leaves apparently.

• Brohoof 3

I've recently become a big fan of traditional smoked tea, which smells and tastes a lot like a wood smoker, but I find it very comforting. I also have been drinking floral teas, primarily of the rose and lavender variety.

• Brohoof 4