Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The future of Sonic the Hedgehog

Discordian

(edited)

Note: When it comes to Sonic I can be very obnoxious. Comes from years of being relatively alone in my opinions of the series against a fanbase that will literally insult and deride anyone who doesn't agree 100% that the Genesis games were the only good games in the franchise.

Edited by Discordian

From what I've seen the fanbase is actually very split on this. A lot of people really like it, some of them even putting it at the very top of their list. Heck, even Screwattack named it the best Sonic game ever.

Meanwhile, a lot of people also really hate it. Saying it's overrated and not that good a game.

I can see where the second group is coming from, but personally, I love it. It's a lot of fun for me. I like the level designs, the aesthetics, and the soundtrack. Specifically the Japanese soundtrack, though Sonic Boom (The song, not the game or show) is awesome too. Plus, it introduced Metal Sonic.

Fair enough,tho i just relooked up what Sonic CD actually was and i see i confused its name with Sonic 3D Blasts:P

I never claimed to be a expert sonic fan

shruggingpinkiepiec.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Have you heard the Crush40 version of Sonic Boom? So much yes. :D

Yes. Yes, I have. Yes.

Crush 40 is great. Even when I didn't like a lot of the Sonic games, I still wanted more Crush 40.

Fair enough,tho i just relooked up what Sonic CD actually was and i see i confused its name with Sonic 3D Blasts.

Okay. I can agree with you on 3d Blast. I didn't like that game at all. I played the genesis version though, I've heard the Saturn version was a bit better.

Edited by BasementPony
  • Brohoof 3

Sonic has been downhill since Heroes, IMO.

I grew up a Sonic fan, but the series seems to have lost its way with the recent 3D entries. Heroes, while not BAD, is a bit too complex for the goals it wants to achieve, IMO. Then we had Shadow & '06, not too mention the Riders series (which I enjoyed, but they were still not that great). It seems like they began to claw back some ground with Colors & Generations, but Lost World's reception was seemingly mix.

I don't know, and while I have been waiting for Sonic Boom with some anticipation, the addition of ANOTHER new character kinda frustrated me.

i actually very much enjoyed riders and shadow the hedgehog. its my favorite game

Sonic has been downhill since Heroes, IMO.

I grew up a Sonic fan, but the series seems to have lost its way with the recent 3D entries. Heroes, while not BAD, is a bit too complex for the goals it wants to achieve, IMO. Then we had Shadow & '06, not too mention the Riders series (which I enjoyed, but they were still not that great). It seems like they began to claw back some ground with Colors & Generations, but Lost World's reception was seemingly mix.

I don't know, and while I have been waiting for Sonic Boom with some anticipation, the addition of ANOTHER new character kinda frustrated me.

To this day I don't know why people have so much trouble with them having lots of characters aside from the fact that many characters go unused or properly utilized after their initial game.

Sticks sounds like she's gonna be one of the best characters along the lines of Tikal and Rouge. The little bit of voice acting we've heard from her sounds really zany and fun. I can't wait to see how she plays out in this series.

(edited)

i love sonic! call me a nerd, but this seems like a big step up! i don't understand why  some people give the first games so much love. we hear a little bit of their past from those tv shows and games, and it has some great designs. shadows a dark character right? his design matches his personality to me. the reason i like sonic is because they don't rehash stories and give you new abilities. while i do like Mario, the just rehash the same plot almost every game.hopefully, this will grow the popularity. in my opinion, sonic is one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. they always having something in store for the fans with their games. new characters, new power-ups, new stories, and of course, new soundtracks that i love! the reason why it may not have that many fans is because of sonic 06. but COME ON! Mario gave us  is missing mario and a horrible LIVE ACTION movie with DENNIS HOPPER as BOWSER! sonic ova at least had good animation and comedy. lol

Edited by DoubleRainboom

(edited)

I don't know. For the comics, he's doing great there. As for the games, the early ones from 2d to 3D (up to sonic Heroes) was great. Sega has done questionable things before and still do. Let's hope they don't rush him again and wind up like sonic 2006 (the game that almost destroyed Sonic's career). Of course, Sonic owes his existence to Mario. Naoto Ōshima loved Mario and even stated he wanted a game like Mario but faster and to compete with Nintendo's Mascot, Mario. I find it funny that people say Mario is repetitive. Does anyone pay attention to his other games, like the Rpgs, party games, fighting games, etc? The main Megaman games (1-9) are the definition of repetitive. Sonic has been repetitive too, it's almost always Eggman or when a new character is introduced, they almost never come back or get used again.

Edited by Jamaican Jam

Sounds awesome. I'm really looking forward to taking Sonic in a new direction. While I'm confident in "Modern Sonic" I do think it's tiresome to try and make lightning strike twice in the dozenth try.

Whereas I've been waiting for someone to see what else they could do with everypony's favorite hedgehog in a more story and character drivien setup.

I've been hearing a lot of mixed feeling about Sonic Boom. My take

1) Wait until reviews come out before buying

2) Or try the game out for yourself(my prefered version)