Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Rarity Episode?

ghostfacekiller39

38 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Standalone Rarity Episode?

• Suited For Success
    • A Dog and Pony Show
    • Sweet & Elite
    • Rarity Takes Manehattan
  2. 2. Favorite Split Rarity Episode?

• Look Before You Sleep
    • Green Isn't Your Color
    • Sisterhooves Social
    • Secret of My Excess
    • Simple Ways
    • For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
    • Inspiration Manifestation

That's totes a Dash episode :D

*coughandworstepisodecough*

I honestly do enjoy that episode, if only because Dash gets put in her place. And Rarity's laugh. Oh that laugh... I have it as a ringtone! lol

Seriously though I've got to go with A Dog and Pony Show. That's the first episode I remember watching over several times because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rarity jumped straight up my list with that one.

Split episode? Do I even need to say it? Look Before You Sleep. Rarijack FTW! That is all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm really struggling to make a decision here, each of the choices are fantastic and I'm sure if I commit my vote to one I could have easily voted for another for a different and equally valid reason :(

Regarding standalones, 'Dog and Pony Show' was the first time I truly appreciated Rarity and I loved seeing her break the damsel in distress stereotype. 'Suited for Success' really highlighted Rarity's generosity and her willingness to please her friends above all, the only downside is I didn't like how the others treated her, but thats not Rarity's fault! Plus we got to see those fabulous dresses (not the others' creations) 'Sweet and Elite' was great as it showed Rarity's conflict between her humble upbringing and her desire for the prestigious Canterlot lifestyle, the message was great in this one. But then 'Rarity Takes Manehattan' was incredible too. Rarity's epiphany/rainbow moment was the most powerful of the series I thought and I loved seeing her rush away to find the friends who meant more to her than her career. 

Argh, having typed out my inner conflict I think I'll go with 'Rarity Takes Manehattan' maybe,  shame this isn't multiple choice then I could just click them all :( Hmm I scrolled back up and have selected 'Suited for Success' instead.  

I think it best not for me to continue my inner dialogue for the split episodes as this is already getting too long :( After much deliberating (its taken a while for me to write this post :( ) I'm going with 'Sisterhooves Social'. Rarity's switch at the end during the race was amazing, plus her realisation about how she was treating Sweetie Belle. Having Applejack in it too certainly helped. Oh darn, now I'm thinking 'Look Before You Sleep' which again had AJ and I loved the interaction between the two in this one. I voted for 'Look Before You Sleep' now.

I really should avoid threads like this (its a really great thread, but there are too many wonderful Rarity episodes for someone who can't make decisions easily :(

EDIT: I went for 'Rarity Takes Manehattan' and 'Sisterhooves Social' in the end :blush:

Edited by Guest

'Dog and Pony Show' was the first time I truly appreciated Rarity and I loved seeing her break the damsel in distress stereotype.

Pretty much why i picked it as my favorite stand alone.  :P  

Im very much sick of the damsel in distress trope,especially in anime/movies and i was glad to see Rarity tackle that trope.(we shall not speak of sonic rainboom)...

Also your name fits you well.  :derp:

Pretty much why i picked it as my favorite stand alone.  :P  

Im very much sick of the damsel in distress trope,especially in anime/movies and i was glad to see Rarity tackle that trope.(we shall not speak of sonic rainboom)...

Also your name fits you well.  :derp:

I agree, I'm not a fan of it either! (and sonic rainbow kills a part of me each time I see it)

Thanks?  :derp:  I never thought it would end up being a username in its own right originally :blush:

I absolutely loved Suited for Success. This episode did Rarity's character so much justice, and i enjoyed it a lot. Her song - "Art of the dress" - i believe, was truly beautiful. Whoever voices her during songs (is it the same VA? Not sure) does a fantastic job  ^_^

(edited)

I agree, I'm not a fan of it either! (and sonic rainbow kills a part of me each time I see it)

Thanks?  :derp:  I never thought it would end up being a username in its own right originally :blush:

I like sonic rainboom,it just kind of sucks that scene was at Rarity's expense.  :unsure:

And if i makes you feel batter,my username was never my original intention either,it just happened  :lol:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

I like sonic rainboom,it just kind of sucks that scene was at Rarity's expense :unsure: .

And if i makes you feel batter,my username was never my original intention either,it just happened  :lol:

Taking Rarity's actions asides, I quite like the episode. Just between the two of us, its mostly for Fluttershy. :squee:

I love your username, always thought it was fab :)

Whoever voices her during songs (is it the same VA? Not sure) does a fantastic job  ^_^

I'll just toss out my Rarity power and point out that Tabitha St. Germain does her speaking voice while Kazumi Evans does her singing voice :D

Both do absolutely lovely jobs, but no, different voices :D

• Brohoof 2

Taking Rarity's actions asides, I quite like the episode. Just between the two of us, its mostly for Fluttershy. :squee:

I love your username, always thought it was fab :)

Ya,i wasn't expecting Flutters to do that either honestly

Thank you for the username compliment,i know it's weird most likely but i just wanted something that expressed me in the end. :lol:

Not to get too off-topic, but has anyone else noticed how "confused" Tabitha has been getting with the voices? Rarity sure sounded like Luna quite a few times in Inspiration Manifestation, and everyone knows the talk about how much like Rarity Luna sounded in Sweetie Belle Toils. I think it's kind of funny.  :derp:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Not to get too off-topic, but has anyone else noticed how "confused" Tabitha has been getting with the voices? Rarity sure sounded like Luna quite a few times in Inspiration Manifestation, and everyone knows the talk about how much like Rarity Luna sounded in Sweetie Belle Toils. I think it's kind of funny.  :derp:

51425680.jpg

:blink:

But ya,i feel the same way. Im constantly like "Watch out Luna,your Rarity is showing"  :derp:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

As a content creator, you can guess what mine is. 

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

Rarity caught my eye from Episode 1 for her work ethic and artistry ("I am in the zone, as it were"). Making things for other people can be difficult. You want to work extra hard to not disappoint them, and sometimes you have to tell people that what they want is either impossible or actually not what they want because they are not familiar with the logistics of the field. 

But it can also be incredibly rewarding!  :D  Rarity passionately designs an outfit perfect for each of her friends and when she presents them, the joy in her voice is overwhelmingly obvious. Because she didn't do this because she didn't want to and felt obligated. No, Rarity performed such a generous task for her friends because she loves art and loves making art for others. 

Not many shows address this topic, especially the first half. But it is extremely important to include it because that is why rejection is so damn painful. Making beautiful things for other people is something magical. Having others tear apart the beautiful things you made for them is devastating.

Everyone working on this episode, is, hint hint, in a creative field. Thus, it is quite possibly one of MLP's most sincere episodes. Rarity is the artist of her friends, and having an episode so brutally and sweetly true to life is refreshing. 

as you can see my audio editing skills were unparalleled

Here is my first video. Much like Pinkie Pie, it was full of ideas! Much like Pinkie Pie's dress design, it wasn't put together all that well. Unlike Pinkie Pie, no streamers. 

But the thing is, making videos was fun. 

no streamers sorry

Here's a later video I made that similarly uses show dialogue but is edited much more solidly. How'd I do it? Well, first of all, I got some good publicity like Rarity did at the end of this episode that encouraged me. But also, I just enjoyed making things. If you like doing any artistic field and like improving on what you did before, you'll get better. That's why you do it, silly. Getting better is fun.

"Okay Stella this is kinda unrelated to the episode"

No it isn't. Because what I'm basically saying here is that when you're somebody like Rarity, making 6 custom dresses isn't necessarily just a sacrifice. It's a fabulous opportunity when you get to spill your passion out and share your talents with others. Hence Half 1 of Art of the Dress.

Because it nailed the artist, the friend, and even the drama queen in Rarity, I dub thee best Rarity episode and best Season 1 episode.

h81290__safe_rarity_animated_glasses_sui

• Brohoof 7

img-2760824-1-51425680.jpg

:blink:

But ya,i feel the same way. Im constantly like "Watch out Luna,your Rarity is showing"  :derp:

I thought you were referencing this:

about_last_nightmare_night_______by_vood

I chose "Suited for Success", because it made me a Rarity fan and "Look Before You Sleep" because the Applejack-Rarity interactions are so great.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite Standalone Rarity Episode: Suited For Success, it has one of my favorite moments of the whole show:

And overall it was an excellent episode, I loved the fashion show at the end. :wub:

Favorite Split Rarity Episode: I'm a "late" Rarity fan. Rainbow Dash is my favorite mane 6, and for a long time Fluttershy was at the second place, until I watched For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils, thanks to this episode I've really started to appreciate Rarity. :D

Though overall, Sisterhooves Social is my favorite Rarity episode, my vote goes to For Whom(...) because I don't think I'd like Rarity as much as I do now...