Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Fall of Andalasia Book 1 (non-pony,fantasy,adventure,dark,betrayal,romance)

RunsWithSquirlz

I'm going to make Flinch run after Adrass. I think it would be very interesting to see those two work together. It'll be funny as hell :3

And he could patch up Adrass's poorly sewn wounds properly while making a 'tsk tsk' noise.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to make Flinch run after Adrass. I think it would be very interesting to see those two work together. It'll be funny as hell :3

And he could patch up Adrass's poorly sewn wounds properly while making a 'tsk tsk' noise.

Go for it - might help him avoid a few fights too.

Side note, was there supposed to be a town nearby? I'm sure somebody mentioned one...

@Scribblegroove

I must say I'm enjoying that those two are the ones trying keep their fates in their own hands. I mean look at the situations they've tried to avoid; throwing yourselves off a cliff or trusting a complete strange, who is also very ominous looking, to bury you alive and later dig you up. Not exactly situations where you can effect the outcome. I can't tell if it will help them outlive everyone else or kill them early :P

As for the village I'm glad you asked, there is a small village that makes a living off logging the forest as well as some farming. It is beside the river a few miles down stream, of course. First however you will come to a large saw mill which uses the river to power it's saws, it's about a mile from where we are; the town is about another mile down stream from that, the lumber yard has many small boats to carry cut lumber down the river to town. About half a mile up from where you are now you'll begin to notice paths the lumberjacks use and parts of the forest that are being cut down.

Well, you didn't expect me to just go with the story, did you? :P

(On that note, just let me know if he's resisting the story too much at any point)

Sounds like a plan - might be able to get him some new stuff while he's there. I'll be interested to see what happens when he starts throwing his weight around, considering he's unlikely to be carrying any money that wasn't in his coat.

He has a habit of taking things by force if need be - which is all good and well until he has to come back later and everyone knows who he is...

(edited)

Haha, go against the story too much? It just wouldn't be an RP story if the group actually stuck together constantly; as long as nobody decides to abandon everyone else and become a pirate or something, which I guess you still could but you'd have to make a new character and abandon the old one :P

If he had trusted a strange Mage I would have been more surprised haha I was more uncertain about what the doctor might choose. I don't control the Iron Maiden so I honestly don't know how this will turn out for either group :derp: everyone hope for the best haha

Edited by Torrent505

@@RunsWithSquirlz, Hell he was tasked with putting the two countries against each other but the Iron maiden is doing the work for him LOL

@, I wonder how badly Adrass would flip if he knew that a old hunter trained him in what he dose including training him somewhat in magic (before you complain im sure the Hunters know the basics of how magic works because they fight high profile beings with magic abilities.) Also I can make an explanation for it as well. 

(edited)

Well, they are something I have a lot if detail on: that's what irks me. Something I've spent a long time developing.

See, the thing is, there entire concept of the order is that they don't associate with outsiders as a general rule, and utterly despise magic. They don't have 'special moves' or anything like that to teach - the training that they receive is mental conditioning and a martial upbringing. not super secret fighting styles. They are taught that that nothing else matters - there is nothing that is important enough to deviate from hunting mages. Pain doesn't matter, so long as the witch dies. Their lives don't matter, so long as the witch dies. Entire cities don't matter, so long as the witch dies. Their bodies are torn to pieces and their clothes rot away on their skin because they know nothing else other than hunting the witch. At thevery best they can understand that some witches are better than others (as I modelled Adrass) and that they can have their uses... but this is an example of an extremely radical hunter.

They wouldn't become mercenaries, because that wouldn't be hunting mages. Not constantly at least.

They wouldn't approve of any magic, because they would have been brought up from the age of 12 (at the very oldest, as they can't be as fully and completely indoctrinated at an older age) to 20 being taught that their very life was a duty given to them so that they can purify the land of the taint of the arcane.

Any magic they did develop would be suppressed, hidden and - most importantly - a hated, shameful thing. Hunters that discover they have magical blood tend to turn suicidal and seek death by challenging clearly overwhelming odds. They would never teach someone to use it, when it is the thing that they oppose. They don't just 'believe' that it's bad - they literally can't comprehend anything else. Telling a hunter that magic is a good thing would be like telling you or me that grass is purple, up is down or that the Nazis were actually really decent people who spread love and compassion.

That's why they 'deny' it - they loath it's existence so much that their bodies and minds actually reject its effects and protect them from it.

Ugh, doesn't matter. Not my RP, I'm not in charge of the lore. Do as you will - it just feels like I've been pretty heavily god modded, since I introduced them as an extension of my character.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Well as co-GM I pretty much exist to help settle disputes and create extra details right?

An easy way to settle this is to mimic one of my favorite brainwashing cults :P THE JEDI ORDER :yay:

I mean they already start to match up with the hunters, what with the raising children from a young age under their belief system, teaching them that their emotions are evil and must be controlled, material goods are not to matter, ect. ect.

The Jedi Order had the Lost Twenty, members that went through the whole process and became full blown Jedi Masters, but still for one reason or another turned their backs on the order and left it... Peacefully. (Excuse my lapse if nerdiness)

Why not do something similar? The hunters have a very small number of recorded Rogues, member that for some reason or another betrayed the Hunters beliefs and then were hunted down themselves and executed. It views these members as failures but the most insulting ones are the ones the order did not manage to kill themselves or were never reported as dead at all. It could add a great deal if depth to your order and Indicus could have been taught by the most recent rogue.

You two can decide whether or not the rogue mentor is still alive or not. It could become a reason for tension between you two, either wanting the rogue to be dead or hating the hunters for tracking him down and killing him.

Even though it is my(kinda) lore; I have no problem with Cinderscribes being on its own. It doesnt conflict with anything so far.

Discuss details with Cinder. If he says no, then no.

Or there's Torrents idea. Whichever you boys choose.

Can do if you like: I just don't get what the whole 'trained by a hunter' is supposed to achieve, since the extent of their abilities are to do with how they were brought up, rather than anything that can be taught. No force pushes or lightning - make them anything more than normal and they lose the thing that defines them. They might as well have trained him to play scrabble.

Sorry, like I said - I'm cool with the idea. Just irked me that it was thrown in without asking or getting any info. Like if I decided that Adrass was the Iron Maidens brother or something - it would change and take away from the character unless done with the utmost care.

Not that it's any of my business really, but Cinderscribe is totally right about this one. The order as a whole can essentially be seen as one entity that is his character, with Adrass being a representative of it. Anything pertaining to it's lore and the actions of it's members is up to him or possibly a DM.

I would favor Torrent's suggestion as a solution, but it's not my decision.

@, Again half the shit I cook up are random ideas nothing more that is why I presented it to help give it substance if I were to have permission to follow through. also sorry for my mistake with it im not trying to be an Ass here sorry it will be edited

@, There it has been edited to something different read it on page 13 (Now a random old man) problem solved and I am sorry It wont happen again.

@@RunsWithSquirlz,

I assume you're still having problems with your account? I ask because if so I want to try something. See if you can send me a message and hopefully I'll be able to respond to it. That wouldn't exactly solve the problems you're having, but it would give you a way to get around at least some of them. 

...Or you could just be boring and ask tech support to help you with it, I guess.