Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

So I finally gave In Flames a spin today. Listened to Come Clarity since I've heard generally positive things about it.

Favorite song was by far Leeches, though I'm not really sure why. Cool riffing for sure.

And I didn't think the title track Come Clarity was awful.It was probably the weakest on the album, though it did remind me quite a bit of Deftones for some reason, mainly the vocals.

• Brohoof 2

So I finally gave In Flames a spin today. Listened to Come Clarity since I've heard generally positive things about it.

Favorite song was by far Leeches, though I'm not really sure why. Cool riffing for sure.

And I didn't think the title track Come Clarity was awful.It was probably the weakest on the album, though it did remind me quite a bit of Deftones for some reason, mainly the vocals.

Yeah Leeches is really cool, I like that song a lot. And yeah Come Clarity isn't awful (fuck you Dawn).

Reflect the Storm is a really good song too ;)

• Brohoof 1

You just basically said what I think about it. Except for the part about it reminding you of Deftones, it doesn't sound too much like Deftones to me. I still do prefer their older stuff more than their newer stuff, but there is nothing wrong with the new In Flames, they just took on a different genre.

(edited)

Gah! the Metalcore, it burns! 

This is precisely the reason why we (and by we I mean I) prefer deathcore to metalcore!

Not that I have anything against metalcore at all, I just prefer alot of other genres to it. Especially deathcore, which is basically the full evolution of it. Like, Charmander to Charizard. Or something. 

Ok, I'll admit, there's a few metalcore songs I kinda like, but not many. I blame my friends IRL.

Ask Moog. That man has among the best taste in metalcore I've seen.

Edited by Twiliscael

(edited)

Gah! the Metalcore, it burns!

Someone obviously hasn't listened to Converge

Without a doubt the greatest Metalcore band of them all.

And how about some Shai Hulud with that

Ask Moog. That man has among the best taste in metalcore I've seen.

Already on it right now

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 3

Someone obviously hasn't listened to Converge

Without a doubt the greatest Metalcore band of them all.

So I listened to the whole song, and it wasn't bad, I think Converge maybe isn't quite my thing, but the drumming was really good.

Now, I Gotta listen to some Metallica.

LOL

maxresdefault.jpg

Yea, I know I'm pretty infamous for making fun of people who listen to Metallica but, it's a habbit I just can't break. :( And it's just suposed to be a small joke too.

You just basically said what I think about it. Except for the part about it reminding you of Deftones, it doesn't sound too much like Deftones to me. I still do prefer their older stuff more than their newer stuff, but there is nothing wrong with the new In Flames, they just took on a different genre.

Eh, I guess it must be because Anders' cleans sound vaguely similar to Chino's. Especially with all that breathing he does. Anyway, I'm not really into Come Clarity. Just like the older In Flameseses. Some of the mid stuff like Clayman and RtR appeal to me though.

Not too into metalcore either. Except for maybe melodic metalcore at times. Used to listen to a lot more metalcore when I was younger though. And some deathcore too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqY7BiK8dM

• Brohoof 1

LOL

Yea, I know I'm pretty infamous for making fun of people who listen to Metallica but, it's a habbit I just can't break. sad.png And it's just suposed to be a small joke too.

No, this is the small joke.

Sudden transition to wanting something a bit more progressive, so take some Red Seas Fire.

Can't say I've seen them posted here. They're on the modern prog spectrum that I happen to be really fond of, which usually involves heavier vocals and dj-dj-djent.

• Brohoof 2

And yeah Come Clarity isn't awful (fuck you Dawn).

You can shove Come Clarity up your plot, I'm sticking with Lunar Strain and Whoracle. I mean Crawl Through Knives was an okay song I guess, I didn't enjoy it but at the same time I didn't hate it.

Yea so, I really want this album.

So I listened to the whole song, and it wasn't bad, I think Converge maybe isn't quite my thing, but the drumming was really good.

Converge rely more heavily on Extreme influences, so yeah that explains why you weren't a fan of it. You might like some of the stuff off of their most recent album, it's got more clean vocals on it, I still think that you'd be better off getting Meridional by Norma Jean, but AWLWLB wouldn't be a bad choice as well.

Now, I Gotta listen to some Metallica. smile.png

I'm already there

Metallica is 100000000000000x times better than Mainstre-... Goddammit! Now I'm starting to talk like Dawn derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

I'm already there

METALLICA REVOLUTION BITCHES

Also, woohoo, I just realized you have Rush in your signature, so you are now my favorite person ever. Also, Metallica and Megadeth. You cool, bro.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, this is the small joke.

I posted that a while back, tongue.png

Same here. I'm not too fond of the vocals.

METALLICA REVOLUTION BITCHES

Sorry, Moog, I tried your metalcore, I just couldn't get into it. sad.png

Edited by D1scordant

(edited)

Same here. I'm not too fond of the vocals.

Eh, I guess someone isn't a fan of Hardcore screaming. Which makes sense, maybe Norma Jean might be your type of thing.

Metallica is 100000000000000x times better than Mainstre-... Goddammit! Now I'm starting to talk like Dawn

Mainstream what? If you're referring to the Metalcore that I've posted, all of it is far from being mainstream.

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 1

That song was good, I also found it amusing how the top rated comments were about making fun of Bring Me the Horizon.

I also really like this song.

I'm gonna post this song cause it's pretty sick. 

I would definitely say I still like Periphery II better though. I just like the songs more on that album.

• Brohoof 1

Mainstream what? If you're referring to the Metalcore that I've posted, all of it is far from being mainstream.

No, I am not referring to the Metalcore you posted. I'm referring to Dawn usually posting "[insert band here] is better than Mainstreamtallica!"

I'm already there

Metallica is 100000000000000x times better than Mainstre-... Goddammit! Now I'm starting to talk like Dawn img-1490341-2-derpy_emoticon2.png

Hey now, that's my joke and you're doing wrong too. It's (any thrash band other than Metallica) is 100000000x better than Mainstreamtallica. For example, Overkill is 10000000x better than Mainstreamtallica.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, I am not referring to the Metalcore you posted. I'm referring to Dawn usually posting "[insert band here] is better than Mainstreamtallica!"

Well duh, I knew that part

But anyways might as well leave some non-Metalcore stuff here

AAAANNNNNDDDDD

Back to Metalcore

Hey now, that's my joke and you're doing wrong too. It's (any thrash band other than Metallica) is 100000000x better than Mainstreamtallica. For example, Overkill is 10000000x better than Mainstreamtallica.

Another example is Sepultura are 10000000x better than Mainstreamatallica

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 2

If we're talking about thrash, I guess I could post some.

Honestly though, the deluxe edition artwork (as shown in the video) is a downgrade compared to the original cover. Skulls skulls skulls etc.

Phantom-Antichrist.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh noez! ohmy.png  I got the wrath of Dawn! I'm sooooo scared! /sarcasm

Anyway, back to the metal. Hmmm, guess I'll give in and post some Slayer

Edited by woohoo