Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I haven't listened to any new metal lately. Kinda getting bored of metal in general, starting to go back into indie rock and some core stuff. Any cool things coming out this year?

Hey guys! (I'm having a bit of difficulty to walk here, too much videos loading lol)

I've been thinking about it recently... since I'm a huge prog rock fan, would it be a good idea to start a thread?

I don't know if it's going to work, because it's not as popular as metal, even if I could add all the subgenres and derivatives.

So well, what do you think? It would regroup a lot of groups, like Pink Floyd, Rush, Steely Dan, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc.

Well, here's some prog metal:

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys! (I'm having a bit of difficulty to walk here, too much videos loading lol)I've been thinking about it recently... since I'm a huge prog rock fan, would it be a good idea to start a thread?I don't know if it's going to work, because it's not as popular as metal, even if I could add all the subgenres and derivatives. So well, what do you think? It would regroup a lot of groups, like Pink Floyd, Rush, Steely Dan, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc. Well, here's some prog metal:

Well I'm a huge Rush fan, so I would post a lot of Rush in there lol

• Brohoof 1

Grind + math = sex.

Proven fact.

Cyclamen seriously slays big time. This is just golden

Never was much of a fan until that album came out. But damn it's a good one.

• Brohoof 1

Really?...St. Anger?...You know that's considered by most people to be Metallica's worst album, right? xD

Uh... yeah. Now, while you excuse me I'm going to change that. :o

IT'S HERE.

And to be honest it's not the greatest. It's an interesting concept, but nothing particularly stands out above anything else they've ever done.

However, this makes me feel quite happy. Sounds like classic Bulb gone more shreddy, and with a tinge of Final Fantasy mixed in there.

HNGGGGGGGG

This is another pretty good song off of it, though. Sounds like more of a Haunted Shores song, but I can't complain. Definitely my favorite besides Zero right there.

Everything in this album feels so jumpy. They quickly go through one idea without even really fleshing it out, and just skip ahead to the next part which is fairly disappointing considering I always liked the band for taking an idea and maxing it out.

IT'S HERE.

And to be honest it's not the greatest. It's an interesting concept, but nothing particularly stands out above anything else they've ever done.

Wait...is this a new album? Where can I listen to this?

Wait...is this a new album? Where can I listen to this?

The album isn't officially released for purchase until the 28th, but Sumerian Records put it up for streaming on Youtube.

(actually go to Youtube to view the playlist)

It's not technically an album either, it's an EP. Each band member wrote their own song for it, rather than writing the songs as a band like normal.

Edited by Twiliscael

The album isn't officially released for purchase until the 28th, but Sumerian Records put it up for streaming on Youtube.

(actually go to Youtube to view the playlist)

It's not technically an album either, it's an EP. Each band member wrote their own song for it, rather than writing the songs as a band like normal.

Alright, cool, thanks. I'll be sure to go check that out. 

And might as well post some Periphery haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfPNEGy5L-w

Oh god yes.

It wasn't just periphery that decided today was a good day, intervals are here as well!

It's just an album preview, not the real album, but damn does it sound great

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh god yes.

It wasn't just periphery that decided today was a good day, intervals are here as well!

It's just an album preview, not the real album, but damn does it sound great

Oh man, I've been waiting for new shit from Intervals for quite some time.  Glad I checked the forums today.

I've been listening to The Chariot again lately, good stuff.

Edited by Crispy