Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Just in the mood for some classic death metal right about now.

Which song is better?

I like both songs but I'm personally biased towards the Four Horsemen

I'd go Megadeth 9 times out of 10, but with those two, going to have to go Four Horsemen. Just a better song, if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

I like both, but I would say The Four Horsemen is better because it has better lyrics, it's longer, plus it has that slower part in the middle that I like.

We are probably the only fans who actually like the slow part. :squee:

This song. Just yes. If you can go through the entire video without saying wut or the like, you are strange indeed.

well that's disturbing

also on the subject of disturbing videos, took me about 5 times to actually be able to watch this weird stuff

What was your first metal song?

Probably this, even though it's not trve metal by most people's standards.

My first /real/ metal song, when I started getting into this, was this.

Shout out to Crispy for showing me true music.

Depends what you consider metal. I guess my first true metal song was probably Master of Puppets.

That was the song that made me appreciate long songs. I don't know why I used to hate long songs. :huh:

My friends, I return with the glory of power metal. These days I pretty much exclusively listen to power (and other variations) for no other reason than it's just what's been hitting that spot.

Manowar's the shit, man. Really don't get why so many people hate on powah metal...probably because it's the antithesis of the banal cookie monster stuff that's popular these days, but whatevs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkPyfzgIpg

And because I'm in a Motörhead mood:

• Brohoof 1

Here's a little piece of morbid history. The lamentations of Joan of Arc, before she was burned at the stake, and the breaking of a French lord's heart and mind. Gille De Rais, who was later revealed to be a cereal killer, and was the inspiration for the fairytale Bluebeard. He was one of Joan's companions until she was killed. Afterwards he went insane and began dabbling in occult practices.

• Brohoof 1