Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your dream?

Cloby604

im afraid mine is pretty dull, i guess i just want someone i can love and who loves me.

wow typing that out really makes me sound like a loser XD

I don't really care for fame or having a dream job, and money is more of a darling deadweight... just someone i can cuddle on a morning will keep me smiling :)

I'm honestly not entirely sure yet, aside from a few fundamental goals, like improving as a person, developing my spiritual knowledge, wisdom and maturity, and learning more about life and the universe. 

More specifically, I feel strongly drawn to two very different ways of life.

I've always been into academic and intellectual things, and I'm thinking that I'd love to go into something involving computer programming. Being able to work on game design would be especially awesome. I also love mathematics so some day way off in the distant future I might even want to try to get a PhD in math and become a professor. 

Alternatively, I've always had a strong will to protect people and to right wrongs. I'm thinking about joining the military, and/or going into a civil service career such as firefighting, security, EMT, police, or FBI. I've even considered trying to become a nurse or maybe even a doctor. 

The thing is, I haven't decided yet whether I'm best suited to fight evil on the front lines with a gun, or in the background with positivity and love. The people who create art or provide services for civilization that are of a positive nature are just as important as the people who protect it using violence. If I was a computer programmer, for example, I could have the opportunity to work on games that help make people happy. That kind of positive influence can and has make a huge difference in people's lives. And besides, any positive difference, no matter how small, is worthwhile. 

And maybe it'd be best for me to do something like that. Or maybe I could hone my strength and physical abilities, pick up a gun and a taser and go to work actively controlling and reducing evil in the form of handling immediate threats.

Or maybe I could even do both. Life is long.

Just an anonymous figure online but please go the peaceful professor or civil service route. Living a life of non-violence and spreading positivity is much more valuable to humanity in the grand sense than being another tool of violence. That's how I see it anyway. One cousin of mine is a firefighter and I consider him a great man. Another is a soldier and I haven't really spoken to him in a decade. So its personal bias for sure, but I see no honor in being a soldier knowing what we do now about the 20th century's vicious conflicts. I think mostly on film's with war and soldiers as the subjects, and while there are some I find very noble and relatable, I find that is an old-fashioned perception of warfare. There is no honor in it anymore. It is an activity for the most brutish, base humans. And I understand the inclination towards violence, but we must resist the temptation. It only circles back. And happens again and again. And I want the cycle to be broken but all generations need to move away from the valorization of war to make that happen.

• Brohoof 1