Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Self sacrifice?

Invincible

I don't think that a perfect world could ever exist. 

Human beings are a imperfect creature, and will always cause imperfections so one human sacrificing themselves for any sort of cause, could not result in a perfect world. 

There will always be misunderstandings among humans, thirst for power and also abuse of said power. 

It is part of human nature to embrace such characteristics given situations.

• Brohoof 1

If the world finally would stop going at each others throats and be happy, I'd take a gun put it to my head and pull the trigger with a smile.

• 9 years later...

That’s an easy yes. I see a lot of replies mentioning overpopulation and as far as I’m concerned that’s not my problem. That’s y’all’s problem. I’d be dead.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like this is basically asking if I want to become Jesus Christ, or a Jesus Christ like figure. Die for humanity's sins and all that. I'd do it I guess. If the afterlife is a thing I'll basically be treated like a God I'm sure.

Also I feel like the concerns about overpopulation aren't necessarily accurate in this scenario. There wouldn't be any disease, hunger, famine, it's a utopia. Even if Earth reaches capacity or whatever, in a utopia setting colonizing other planets would definitely be in the cards.

• Brohoof 1

If my sacrifice could bring some peace or at least make a difference then yes without a hesitation. It’s not because I want to be a hero or anything. I want to make sure if I’m going to die, I want my death to create a positive impact and  having no regrets. I want to do one good deed for the world before I go. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Thankful Brony 42 said:

But what about this: when you are gone, people mistakenly think you are an evil person. People will never know your sacrifice. And worse, they believe you are a terrible person. Would you still do it?

I still would. I'd be dead so it wouldn't really bother me. Now if doing this guaranteed some sort of horrible afterlife, I'd definitely reconsider.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I could, I get doing something selfless for the benefit of others but I'm simply not that brave, fear and self preservation would prevent me from doing that so I guess in this scenario I'd choose keep on living in an imperfect world.

• Brohoof 2

If it meant true world peace that will last and the elimination of the ones that would prevent such things sure.

Besides, there is reincarnation so in the end the death is just a small inconvenience for a much higher outcome.

A delay of let's say about 20 years or so and for world peace that's not too bad of a price for world peace.

• Brohoof 2